“Excellent visit, authentic tour”
Review of Freedom Brewey

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Freedom Brewey
Derby, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent visit, authentic tour”
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I went on the tour last week. It was excellent and great value for money. To start with the beer is great. This is real craft lager, so will appeal to real ale fans as well. The brewery is in the middle of nowhere in a barn at a farm. You start with a beer. Then take another one into the brewhouse to drink while having the tour which includes history of Freedom Brewery and how they make the beer. Then into the tap room, which is a small room in the barn. There was a decent buffet lunch available (you won't go hungry) and as much beer as you can drink (within reason I guess, but I had 5 pints worth) with 7 to sample. The people giving the tour are the brewery employees who make the beer in the week. Their knowledge is great and you can get a real insight into how they operate. So this is a very authentic tour, you are in the actual brewery with the real employees, not sent into a visitor centre with a tour guide. At £12.5 great value for money.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank James T

Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Top quality and value”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went on the tour with a stag do - lots of really tasty lagers to enjoy, which despite being a bitter drinker I enjoyed so much I left with a box of 24 bottles! Great ethos, interesting tour, friendly staff. Definitely worth a visit.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DocLovelly
Tipton, West Midlands
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Keep on to the end of the road”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I were exploring the area around Cannock where we have our static caravan. We saw the sign for the brewery and turned around as small micro breweries interest us. It is a long driveway! I went into the main building and was given a quick guide to what the brewery produced and their ethos. I had no doubt I wanted to sample the products and purchased a selection pack.
Thanks to all at Freedom, I did have something to remember my visit, but they are all gone now!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Oldbaldbob
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Brilliant local Gem”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Thank you for the tour. Wonderful, informative evening where the conversation flowed! What is there to dislike about a 100% natural product that has as much integrity as this?

Visited June 2013