“Metallic beer”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Freedom Brewey
Reviewed 18 December 2013

This review is not about a brewery visit but about the beer itself. I bought two cases at what I thought was a special price as a result of an offer made to lenders on a P2P site.

Not only were the bottles tiny but each of the 4 beer types I purchased tasted very acidy and metallic. Hopefully the draught beers on a site visit will be better but take care if you are tempted to take a case home to test it first.

1  Thank jumbocruiser

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I went on the tour last week. It was excellent and great value for money. To start with the beer is great. This is real craft lager, so will appeal to real ale fans as well. The brewery is in the middle of nowhere in a barn at a farm. You start with a beer. Then take another one into the brewhouse to drink while having the tour which includes history of Freedom Brewery and how they make the beer. Then into the tap room, which is a small room in the barn. There was a decent buffet lunch available (you won't go hungry) and as much beer as you can drink (within reason I guess, but I had 5 pints worth) with 7 to sample. The people giving the tour are the brewery employees who make the beer in the week. Their knowledge is great and you can get a real insight into how they operate. So this is a very authentic tour, you are in the actual brewery with the real employees, not sent into a visitor centre with a tour guide. At £12.5 great value for money.

2  Thank James T
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Went on the tour with a stag do - lots of really tasty lagers to enjoy, which despite being a bitter drinker I enjoyed so much I left with a box of 24 bottles! Great ethos, interesting tour, friendly staff. Definitely worth a visit.

1  Thank DocLovelly
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I were exploring the area around Cannock where we have our static caravan. We saw the sign for the brewery and turned around as small micro breweries interest us. It is a long driveway! I went into the main building and was given a quick guide to what the brewery produced and their ethos. I had no doubt I wanted to sample the products and purchased a selection pack.
Thanks to all at Freedom, I did have something to remember my visit, but they are all gone now!

1  Thank Oldbaldbob