“Lovely coffee and cakes”

Cobwebs Coffee Shop
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Abbots Bromley
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I can never understand how so many reviewers award 5 stars for all their experiences - they have obviously never eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant! Having said that, this is a lovely little coffee shop, with delicious home-made cakes which are no good at all for my diet!! Abbots Bromley has been crying out for some kind of tea/coffee shop for a long time, attracting so many passing visitors as it does, and this fits the bill superbly. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped by a week ago on Sunday whilst visiting the joules clothing sale at the farm next door.

The staff were warm and welcoming and the display of homemade cakes made sure I was spoilt for choice.

Amazingly good price for excellent food and service with a smile.

This is going to become my regular Sunday morning hangout, cake, coffee and a Sunday paper.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Go here! It is welcoming and great for a coffee and cake or icecream. There is also a Joules clothing store.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Can't understand the previous reviewer - Cobwebs doesn't advertise itself as a restaurant so I don't know what their expectations were. I think the clue is in the name: Cobwebs Coffee shop?

I work close to here and have sampled many of the cakes - I can honestly say they are among the best I have ever tasted. I took my two daughters who live in London for coffee and cake at Cobwebs afternoon and they said it compares more than favourably with anything you would find in the Capital and they were very impressed. It is just so lovely eating home made cakes rather than something from the cash and carry. I just love it - good coffee, friendly efficient service and a lovely setting. I have been trying to persuade my boss to have our team meetings here!

I have enjoyed sitting by the cosy wood burner inside in the winter and equally outside in the sun today. A bonus is that it is dog friendly.

Do have a look at their Facebook page - it is updated daily with scrumptious pictures of what cakes are on offer that day.

1  Thank Navybluebiplane
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We drive through Abbots Bromley very often and had seen the sign for Cobwebs. We decided to try it out. It is tea / coffee and cake, simple as that. The cake was no better than average and the coffee was fine. Tea is difficult to mess up. This café should NOT be assessed as a restaurant, they have no pretentions to be so. They do not even offer a sandwich option !! Will I be going back any time soon, sorry but no, my wife's Victoria sponge is better and tastier, my Tassimo machine makes just as good coffee. I wish them well.