“Another lovely meal in nice, friendly surroundings” 4 of 5 bubbles

Grappolo D'oro
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Leverkusen, Germany
“Another lovely meal in nice, friendly surroundings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

Once again we were back at the Grappolo D'Oro for a late New Year dinner with business colleagues. As usual the blackboard menu offers an interesting array of specially prepared Italian cuisine. This time I went for the deep fried baby calarmari rings which were delicious - a meal in itself actually. I followed up with a good old favourite of mine - veal liver, pureed potatoes and green beans. Wonderful. We all enjoyed the house Primitivo red wine which was soooo smooth. None of us was particulalry keen on desserts so after an espresso and lots of chatting we left fully satisfied - as always.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Hong Kong, China
“Awesome every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

This Italian restaurant might be the best Italian restaurant in the city!
Service is nice an truely italian. Food is delicious: everything. Pasta, Pizza, Fish and surprisingly for an Italian restaurant also the Steak !
The food might not be very cheap for german restaurants, but its worth it!
But be alert, as on weekends a reservation might be necessary!

• Visited August 2013
“Great italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

As for every good restaurant I would recommend to make a reservation. After entering the restaurant we noticed the decoration that set a nice atmosphere. We ordered antipasti and a selection of fish and seafood. Each of us had a glass of wine to suit our main course. The quality of the food and wine was really good, as well as the service.
The prices are of course higher than in common Italian restaurants, but the quality of food and service justify them definitely.
So if you are looking for good Italian cuisine you must visit Grappolo D'oro!

• Visited October 2013
Leverkusen, Germany
“A regular choice for a classy Italian meal - never been disappointed yet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2013

We come quite frequently to the Grappolo D'oro and we've never been disappointed to date. The menu was interesting and I had no trouble in selecting the sea food starter and a delicious lamb main course. Both were great! I followed up with the Zabaglione which was also popular with all my fellow guests (many extra spoons were ordered to raid into my generous portion). I do find this restaurant to be rather on the dear side but you do get that extra bit of class for the money. The Grappolo D'oro remains on my favourite list of great restaurants around Leverkusen and a standard choice for when I need to entertain business guests.
P.S. a few years ago we came here with my family and friends. This is NOT the best place to take youngish children.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Eyekaytoo
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Upmarket Italian (and International) Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

I have visited this restaurant several times over the past 20 years and have noticed a steady improvement in their total package, be it the decor, the food and the service. It clearly says Italian on the tin, but it´s not ONLY Italian inside, which I think is a positive aspect of this versatile restaurant. One example of this is the Argentinian steak, served with a baked potato and sour cream and salad, the origins of which are a long way from Italy!! I chose the rump steak, which was excellent. Even the tiramisu, flavoured with vanilla, was definitely a tweaked non-original version, but all the more delicious! Some of the starters had a French touch - why not? Nevertheless, there are enough authentic Italian dishes to be enjoyed as well!. The three-course set meals are either based on fish or meat and at 42 Euros represent good value. The wine list is comprehensive, the service friendly and professional. It´s very popular, so booking is recommended. Enjoy!!

• Visited November 2011