Even in a grey winter day, this hotel is enchanting, beautifully decorated with spacious rooms.
We should probably come again in the summer to fully enjoy the surroundings and try the starred restaurant.
One remark: one should not allow smoking (cigar) in the lounges, the smell is still there the next morning (cold smoke).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a truly fantastic location, high above the Cologne lowlands and with a wonderful view of Cologne cathedral, one of the largest baroque palaces in Europe awaits you. It is the spirit of history that fills and enchants the 5 star Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg. The multitude of details from times long gone still tell tales of unique people and moments that characterise this building so much: Goethe and Beethoven, as well as Napoleon and the Medici family resided here. But today you can enjoy stylish luxury in the magnificent, historic chambers and in unmistakable Althoff ambience. Supplemented by personal service, Joachim Wissler's 3-star cuisine in the gourmet restaurant Vendome and a Beauty & Leading Spa that satisfies even the highest demands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Hotel Bergisch Gladbach
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Cologne
- Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Hotel Cologne
- Althoff Grandhotel Schloss Bensberg Germany/Bergisch Gladbach