“Great Hotel”

Scandic Asker
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Asker
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, with helpful staff and modern comfortable rooms. The restaurant is great with great variety and quality breakfast also with excellent evening meals. Only downside was the gym is very small.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Paddy K,

Thank you for taking time to give us this feedback at TripAdvisor!
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay during your visit, and enjoyed using our hotel facilities.
We hope to see you soon again - a warm welcome back to Scandic Asker :-)
Have a great day!

Lisa Marielle Singsaas Sanner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a good hotel. i liked it .. few positives of the hotel close to centre of asker and train station. breakfast is good. staff is polite and helpful.

One of thing that i thank this hotel for my entire life is they found and gave me my prestigious thing back that i lost because of my negligence.

I was returning from a dinner and when we entered the hotel we went to play fussball with my friends. while doing so i lost my wedding ring. i was very tensed as this is very close to my heart. I was checking out next day. so while i check out i told them about it. it was not to my belief i had a call from Scandic Asker after 2 hours or so that they have found it and i can pick it from the front desk... Awesome Feeling to get back the Wedding Gold Ring.

I owe Scandic Asker and their management and staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at Tripadvisor with other travellers after your stay at Scandic Asker.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy our breakfast, location and service.
I`m very glad we found your wedding ring, and to hear how much you appreciate it too :-)
Hope to see you soon again as our guest.
Have a wonderful weekend and a warm welcome back to us!

Kind Regards
Greenfield, Iowa
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I travel a lot for my job and have to stay in many hotels. I would rank this hotel at the top of my list. Hands down they have the best staff of any hotel I have stayed at, and one in particular is their receptionist Cindy. I had never been to Norway before, and was quite lost about the area, and she was able to give me easy and simple directions to where I needed to go. I think I would have gotten lost in that area had she not helped me out, and I could tell she truly cared about whether or not I got to where I was going. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable. Their breakfast was top notch, and you have lots too choose from, and its made hot and fresh. I got to stay at this hotel for approximately two weeks while i was training for my job, and I look forward to staying there on all my future visits to Asker. You are a quick five minute walk to the shopping/dining district for Asker, so it is also in a great location. This hotel has become my favorite hotels to stay at. I haven't seen a better hotel staff anywhere else.

Room Tip: If you want a very nice room, kind of like a sweet you can pay extra, they are similar to what a sui...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this review, 5 January 2014
Dear William H,
First of all I want to wish you a Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience here at TripAdvisor.
And what a fantastic review!!!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our rooms and breakfast.
And we are also very proud to be ranked as one of your favorite hotels, thank you :-)
We appreciate your warm comments about our staff and service, and I will forward your sweet words to Cindy :-)

Hope to see you soon again as our guest.
Welcome back to Scandic Asker!

Bergen, Norway
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I would say that there is nothing special with this hotel. It looks new, and it is a nice typically business hotel. The room are simple and clean. The staff are very polite, but since I did not need any help during my stay, I have nothing more to say about that. The airconidtion solution in the rooms are not god, and it did not work on mine. The showers are to economic, and it barely comes any water. The food and the service in the hotel restaurant was good.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience here at TripAdvisor with other guests.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our food in the restaurant and the service from our staff.
Thank you for your feedback regarding the issues in your room.
I will of course forward the message to the right department at the hotel.
We hope to see you as our guest soon again.
Welcome back to Scandic Asker in 2014.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! :-)

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel is located right next to the motorway between Oslo and Drammen, and there are not many facilities in the area except the hotel. There is a McDonald's and a few restaurants within walking distance, though. The hotel itself is ok, rooms are clean, but the bed was a little soft for my taste. Friendly staff and excellent breakfast. The hotel seems very much focused on families who need a place to spend the night somewhere when travelling by car - there is a large play area for kids on the second floor.

Room Tip: Try to not get a room facing the motorway.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your experience with other travellers here at TripAdvisor.
We are pleased to hear your feedback about our breakfast and service.
Hope to see you soon again, welcome back as our guest in 2014.
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! :-)

aalesund
Reviewed 11 September 2013

this hotel YOU must visit! fantastic!! very good service, food. good for family. nice room, nice building. you can have a nice trip beetween the hotel. people who working there is nice. there is different things you can do in the hotel. nice bar, nice bed, nice shower, television ar new. everething is first class

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Asker and at Scandic Asker.
Thank you for sharing this review with other travelers.
Happy to hear that you refer Scandic Asker to "First Class" hotel :)

Thank you once again, and we hope to see you & your familiy in the nearest future.
A warm welcome back!

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 September 2013

got a pleasant room in the newer part of the building I asked for a nice room and that's what I got.. Huge bathroom. all very clean.
There are a few issues that reduced my rating though.
1 The restaurant/bar was closed when I arrived Sunday. closed all weekend
2 lack of hot water on first morning - reported problem but nothing done. Fixed it myself by opening valves under the sink the next morning
3 Room literally shook when someone slammed a door.
4 lack of tissues.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time posting this review on TripAdvisor.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed our big Superior rooms :)
But we are very sorry to hear about your other experiences/issues below, and we do understand your disappointment. Please accept our apology.

Some times many of our guests want to have a shower at the same time, and we are working with routines to avoid lack of hot water in these situations.

Our restaurant/bar is open Monday-Thursday and closed during the weekends. We offer our guest beer & wine in the reception, and in our SHOP guests can buy different sandwiches, wraps & salads. Our guests can also order pizza from Dolly Dimple`s.

A warm welcome back to Scandic Asker - we hope to see you again soon!

Lisa Marielle Singsaas Sanner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Asker
Thon Hotel Vettre
Scandic Ambassadeur Drammen
Scandic Fornebu
Scandic Fornebu
#2 of 3 in Fornebu

Been to Scandic Asker? Share your experiences!