“Good for the money”
Review of Scandic Asker

Scandic Asker
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Asker
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed one day in this hotel with an infant. Rooms are up to the standard and clean. Not much instruction was found in the room about the hotel facilities. You should revert to the reception for any information but they are helpful.
There are good amount of toys for kids next to the resturant. Breakfast was good. No mini bar in the rooms which is a big minus. Even for a cup of coffee or tea you should go to the mini shop next to the reception. Training room was very small. Hotel has parking under it which is very convenient. Location is in the Asker center but it is a small town center!

Stayed: June 2014
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear baboo_ghotbi,

Thank you for taking time to write this review here at TripAdvisor.
We are happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast and our rooms.

I apologize for the missing information about the hotel in your room.
We do have this information-paper in all our rooms, so thank you for this feedback.

Regarding the minibar, you are absolutely right about the empty fridge.
However - we have decided to keep the fridge and our minibar is our SHOP next to the reception, open 24 hours.

We hope to see you and your family again - a warm welcome back to Scandic Asker!
I also want to wish you a wonderful summer :-)

There are newer reviews for Scandic Asker

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

First of all for the rates you apply you don't really care for the guests.
I've stayed in this hotel 2 times for 2 weeks each and I can tell you that if any other hotel was closer to work I would never ever come again!
1 the Air conditioning 20 degrees inside a room during this period of year is not ok! The air gets very dry and because the temperature difference with outside temperature you feel very cold! I made 5 complains to the reception (it seems that they control the a/c) and they fix it for 2 hours and then again the problem occurs.
2 the TV has 16 stations from which half or more are in Norwegian. Need to say more?

3 the when you shower you need to adjust the water every 2-3 minutes

4 the room is not that clean.. the first time I've stayed the bathroom was never cleaned and the bedsheets were changed once the second time it's cleaner but not to a hotel standard

5 breakfast is ok if you stay 2-5 days... more than 5 days will become annoying to eat same stuff

6 only curtains to the windows and no drapes (when you stay at the 1st floor on the back anyone can see what you are doing in the room) day and night. The alternative is to stay in broad daylight with the curtains closed almost in darkness

7 no minibar.. nobody wants to walk down to the lobby to get a snickers at 3 AM..

8 no restaurant on Sundays... what's up with that? No hotel in this world is closing the restaurant in the weekend...

9 no room service or at least I have not found a menu or a number

10 no number displayed for the reception...

11 although there is no minibar the fridge is still here but does not work for some reason.

13 there is no space for the doors to open on the shower so me (70 kg) need to enter sideways not directly

14 the blanket is for children as it is not wide enough.

The only things I have good to say is that they gave me some lunch coupons for each day ,the wireless Internet works flawlessly, and they have a polite and helpful staff

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear Bradisului,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review after your stay, we highly appreciate your honest feedback.
We are sorry to hear about your negative experience with us and that the hotel did not live up to your expectations.

The rates are controlled by our headoffice, and not by us at the hotel.

We recently had major problems with our ventilation system due to leaks in the cooling circuit and we are very sorry that this effected you.

When it comes to the selection of channels this is also managed centrally. We have 4 English channels and all foreign movies in Norwegian channels are in the original language.

I wish I could have know which room you stayed in so we could check the thermostat in the shower.

When it comes to cleaning the bathroom we take it very serious and will follow this up closely.
Our breakfast consist of 100 ingredients and we apologize again if you could not find anything you liked after a few days.

As for the rest of your comments we will take it up with the appropriate departmentheads.
We are glad to hear that you liked our helpful staff and that the internet worked flawlessly.

We hope you give us a second chance to give you a guest experience which makes us proud.
Please do not hesitate to contact me; lisa.sanner@scandichotels.com if you have any further questions or for future reservations.

I wish you a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We booked the hotel because it has a special rate for the Tennis Europe Tournament in Asker. We stayed with two kids (16 and 13) in a double room. Unfortunately we had to extend the stay while the kids we more successfull than expected. Normally this shouldn't be any problem (we thought). First: no rooms avalable, second: increase in the rate of 250%. After some discussion Merielle Libs at the reception guaranteed us the tournament rate for the request additional two nights. Thx
In general the hotel is the original price not really worth while, what I have to complimet is the breakfast buffet. Cleanliness is ok

Room Tip: Business or stop-over
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Hertmannsknuschper,
Thank you for your feedback after your stay here at Scandic Asker during the Tennis tournament in Asker. And I do hope your children made in to the final and won!

I`m happy to hear that You appreciated my help with your reservation the last days :-)
For the Scandic Asker staff it`s very important to always help our guests and give them the best experience. So next year we will make sure to inform both the players and families about the reservation conditions, to avoid the same misunderstandings that happened this year.

I wish you a wonderful summer and a warm welcome back!
We hope to see both you and your family next year during the tournament :-)

Scandic Asker

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I had the pleasure to stay at the scandic for 2 months and my stay was beyond spectacular. My day is brighten by getting greeted from the lovely reception staff specially from Cindy Ostrem and Arian Kamangari. The waiter staff of Edmund and Edmar always made sure my food needs are met. When i do come back to norway i will come back and stay at the scandic hotel.

They had some issues on charging my credit card but it was easily resolved by the alert reception staff

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Redoloza A
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Redoloza A,

Thank you so much for giving us such a great feedback here at TripAdvisor!
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and the service from our wonderful staff members :-)

We hope to welcome you back to Scandic Asker next time you visit Asker and Norway.
Have a great day!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great hotel, with helpful staff and modern comfortable rooms. The restaurant is great with great variety and quality breakfast also with excellent evening meals. Only downside was the gym is very small.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Paddy K,

Thank you for taking time to give us this feedback at TripAdvisor!
We are so happy to hear that you had a great stay during your visit, and enjoyed using our hotel facilities.
We hope to see you soon again - a warm welcome back to Scandic Asker :-)
Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This is a good hotel. i liked it .. few positives of the hotel close to centre of asker and train station. breakfast is good. staff is polite and helpful.

One of thing that i thank this hotel for my entire life is they found and gave me my prestigious thing back that i lost because of my negligence.

I was returning from a dinner and when we entered the hotel we went to play fussball with my friends. while doing so i lost my wedding ring. i was very tensed as this is very close to my heart. I was checking out next day. so while i check out i told them about it. it was not to my belief i had a call from Scandic Asker after 2 hours or so that they have found it and i can pick it from the front desk... Awesome Feeling to get back the Wedding Gold Ring.

I owe Scandic Asker and their management and staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at Tripadvisor with other travellers after your stay at Scandic Asker.
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoy our breakfast, location and service.
I`m very glad we found your wedding ring, and to hear how much you appreciate it too :-)
Hope to see you soon again as our guest.
Have a wonderful weekend and a warm welcome back to us!

Kind Regards

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I travel a lot for my job and have to stay in many hotels. I would rank this hotel at the top of my list. Hands down they have the best staff of any hotel I have stayed at, and one in particular is their receptionist Cindy. I had never been to Norway before, and was quite lost about the area, and she was able to give me easy and simple directions to where I needed to go. I think I would have gotten lost in that area had she not helped me out, and I could tell she truly cared about whether or not I got to where I was going. The rooms were very clean, and the beds were comfortable. Their breakfast was top notch, and you have lots too choose from, and its made hot and fresh. I got to stay at this hotel for approximately two weeks while i was training for my job, and I look forward to staying there on all my future visits to Asker. You are a quick five minute walk to the shopping/dining district for Asker, so it is also in a great location. This hotel has become my favorite hotels to stay at. I haven't seen a better hotel staff anywhere else.

Room Tip: If you want a very nice room, kind of like a sweet you can pay extra, they are similar to what a sui...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Lisa Marielle S, Manager at Scandic Asker, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Dear William H,
First of all I want to wish you a Happy New Year!

Thank you so much for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience here at TripAdvisor.
And what a fantastic review!!!

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, our rooms and breakfast.
And we are also very proud to be ranked as one of your favorite hotels, thank you :-)
We appreciate your warm comments about our staff and service, and I will forward your sweet words to Cindy :-)

Hope to see you soon again as our guest.
Welcome back to Scandic Asker!

Lisa Marielle Singsaas Sanner

Also consider these accommodations in or near Asker
Thon Hotel Vettre
Scandic Park Drammen
#4 of 4 in Drammen
Comfort Hotel Union Brygge
Scandic Ambassadeur Drammen

Been to Scandic Asker? Share your experiences!