“" Out of this World "”

Quinta Jacintina Hotel
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Almancil
Reviewed 4 June 2014

What a fantastic find by my daughter for her wedding , the hotel is second to none on the service it provided from the managers to the staff nothing was too much trouble for them , we took my 80 year old mother to celebrate her grandaughters big day and all the staff treated her like a queen for the week , the rooms are amazing so spacious and everything you could possibly need is provided for your use, the wedding day itself was just wonderful and all the planning went like clockwork due to all the dedicated staff , I'm positive we will all have lovely memories of Quinta Jacinta and all the excellent staff who we regard as our friends now, hope to see you all again soon . Thank you once again xx

Room Tip: Room 6 overlooking the pool area
3  Thank Denise B

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Have just returned from a stay at Quinta Jacintina and to say we were disappointed is an understatement. This is definitely not a 4*hotel and should not have been awarded a certificate of excellence from trip advisor.
The hotel does at first seem lovely but upon further inspection it's a bit like a monet painting, lovely at a distance but close up a right mess!
The rooms are not clean, bleach stains and dirt marks on carpets, even fraying in places. Cobwebs hanging between light fittings and on windows. Bathrooms were never cleaned properly, one night we didn't rinse our bath and the next day it hadn't even been cleaned. We managed on 2 towels all week despite there being 3 people in our room. Towels were replaced twice in the week, personally I would expect fresh towels daily if this was a 4* hotel! A complaint was made to reception (after standing for 10 minutes and waiting for them to acknowledge we were stood there!) but still the element of cleanliness we had complained about did not change!
Meals- well were to start! We were only bed and breakfast and thank goodness! Breakfast was meant to be from 8, only on 1 day were they ready for us at that time, they were still setting tables, putting cereal out etc. Every morning we had to ask repeatedly for basic items such as toast, butter, fruit. On the first morning they didn't even have sausages, claiming they hadn't been delivered! It questions if this is such a good and busy hotel why were they not in stock in their kitchen! The quality of the food was also poor. We had one evening meal in the hotel, this was poor and we returned it for being cold. They claim to have a Michelin star chef, certainly not! They are also clearly trying to do nouveau cuisine food but 1 new potato cut into slices with a piece of pork the size of the bottom of a can of fizzy drink (and I'm being generous with that!) wouldn't even fill a child! The wedding meal we attended was a BBQ, again this was substandard, a new potato being passed off as a jacket potato says it all although I could provide more examples if required.
Customer service was poor if not non existent other than for Steve, he was fantastic and repeatedly tried to make up for the hotels staff and other failings. The reception staff were poor and regularly ignored you being stood there. They seemed to be more interested in their dogs which were sat with them! Yes that's right dogs sat in the reception of a 4* hotel!
Maybe I expected more due to having a lot to compare to but I would certainly not stay in or recommend this hotel. It probably was a 4* years ago but certainly not anymore. There is some serious refurbishment and staff training required!

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank RebeccaBest
Getaveryniceroom, Manager at Quinta Jacintina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Madam,
Thank you for your comments, we are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your exclusive use stay at our hotel during your family member’s wedding.
We take on board your comments but wish you had made known some of the issues when you were here so we could have acted upon them.
For example, we always supply fresh towels on request and we would have been most happy to oblige and change your towels daily if you had let us know. We do also have notices in each room that let our guests know that if they would like fresh towels, we ask for the old towels to be put in the bath tub.
We do find it a little difficult to believe you stood at our reception desk for 10 minutes before you were acknowledged. We only have a very small reception here and our staff are highly attentive - as seen on nearly all the other tripadvisor comments. This includes the bride of the wedding you attended who commented ‘The hotel went above and beyond their duties…I cannot thank the hotel and the staff enough... Sally (the owner) should be proud of all her staff’.
You mentioned that you had to request butter, fruit and toast in the morning for breakfast. We apologise that you are not happy about this, but unfortunately this is how we have to operate in the warm Portuguese climate. To ensure quality the fruit and butter is kept in our fridges until the last minute and we do prefer to make the toast fresh rather than leave it sitting out on the terrace. I assure you this is not the case of being disorganised but in our attempt to provide fresh ingredients and provided on an individual basis rather than being mass produced.
We apologise that you have taken offence with the owner’s dogs that were in the hotel. Upon hearing the owner had 3 dogs, at her house nearby, some members of the wedding party asked if the dogs could come to the hotel so they could see them. After lots of play time and lots of photos with them outside, the well behaved dogs were indeed behind the reception much to the delight in particular of one child who told the owner that her best friend was her beloved golden retriever, Lucy.. We do apologise if you felt the dogs got too much attention and felt this was inappropriate.
Many of the guests who visit us are pet owners though and frequently ask about the owner's dogs and indeed we advertise ourselves as being a pet friendly hotel.
We have to say that whilst we take on board your comments, we are a very disappointed and somewhat confused by such a negative review. We always want our guests to be satisfied and love the work we do to make our guests feel as comfortable and as welcome as possible. A quick glance at the comments either side of yours on tripadvisor, from your six family members’ and/or friends who stayed for the same week you stayed, paints a rather different (Monet) picture. The six subject lines are as follows:
‘Stunning’
‘The perfect getaway’
‘Magical’
‘Out of this world’
‘What a fantastic find’
and from the Bride herself ‘Dream come true’

We are delighted to see that the majority of the party were therefore pleased and happy with our hotel and the services we provide. I only wish we could have also satisfied yourselves.

Yours sincerely
The Quinta Jacintina Team

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We (me, my partner and 11 yr old daughter) have just returned from a weeks stay at Quinta Jacintina. The hotel was booked for a family members wedding, so we basically had the whole hotel to ourselves.
From the moment we entered those beautiful doors into an amazing reception area, we felt welcomed, at ease and knew we were going to have a fantastic holiday.
The staff are all amazing and so friendly, nothing is too much for them, they go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our every need was met. Fantastic, you know who you are, too many to mention.
Food....absolutely amazing. Healthy, fresh, exciting. I cleared my plate everytime. The wedding buffet was incredible, so fresh, tasty, loved it. I have a special place in my heart for the Caesar salad with chicken, I would have happily lived on that, but Im glad I got to sample a fantastic variety of food over the week. Well done chef.
Rooms... a very high standard. Mini bar, tea making facilities, hairdryer. Towels supplied for the beach (a first for me) a huge bed to get lost in, must be queen size, makes my kingsize look tiny. Air con, a ceiling fan, Carolina (room 9) the most amazing balcony, private sunbathing if desired. A TV with an amazing choice of tv (my daughter was made up to be able to chill out with CBBC) The staff who looked after the rooms were amazing. They would come in and turn your sheets down at night and leave a chocolate on the corner for you. Always cleaned to a very high standard. Good shower (always important) bath if desired.. Faultless.
Hotel manager and reception staff ALWAYS available to help.. FANTASTIC ladies.
Communal lounge area, comfortable, tv, big oversized sofa's to chill on.
Pool area...Spotless. Maintained to a high standard. Towels provided for sunbathing by the hotel. Constant waiter service throughout our whole stay.
As a wedding guest...WOW, what an experience. The hotel and staff really know how to put on a fabulous wedding. The walk through the gardens is beautiful, the wedding area bathed in afternoon sunlight, gorgeous.
I cannot write one single bad thing about Quinta Jacintina, I left with tears in my eyes when our minibus came for us. I felt we were leaving friends behind. We struck a good relationship up with the staff, one of mutual respect which made our week stay so much nicer. Manager Sally even jumped to our rescue when one of our minibuses didn't show. Now that is fantastic customer service and a good friend. I would highly recommend this beautiful hotel, in a gorgeous part of the Algarve to anyone, and a wedding...a definite yes.

Room Tip: Our room (Carolina Room 9) First floor, corner room so balcony is a good size. Can see the pool from...
5  Thank Familyaffair70
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We booked Quinta Jacintina for exclusive use for our wedding. We had previously visited the hotel and have never been disappointed. The décor is amazing, every room unique in its own way and visiting the hotel is like travelling home from home. The staff were amazing and could not do enough for us... some guests even commented it was like having a villa with servants. We were truly spoilt. We spent the week there and from check in to check out we were always the number one priority. We stayed on a half board basis and the food every single day was exceptional... we had children and fussy eaters but this never caused a problem... anything we asked for if they did not have they went out a purchased for the next day. The wedding day went as I could only ever wish for everything ran smoothly and looked perfect.... the day was beyond my dreams. The hotel went above and beyond their duties to make sure that my every need was met and even assigned one of the staff to look after me. I was ill on the day and staff went out to get me medication, we even had a dancing accident and the staff took the injured person to the medical centre. I cannot thank the hotel and the staff enough for the amazing memories I have of my wedding week away, we had issues with the transfer company taking us back to the airport and the hotel manager Sally offered to take some of us to the airport again above and beyond her duty. Sally should be proud of all het staff - Susana, Nancy, Steve, Marcelo, Alison, Mario, Patrick and Gisele to name a few.... we all regard you as friends now and we look forward to returning and seeing you in the future.

Room Tip: Every room is individually beautiful... the suite being my favourite, although room 9 had a fantasti...
5  Thank leanne2604
Reviewed 19 October 2013

We booked this lovely hotel on a recommendation from a friend. We are staying in the Algarve for our 25th wedding anniversary and wanted to slightly extend our stay in our co-owned villa at Vale do Lobo so booked for one night only . We had an early departure from the UK but the hotel had organised a taxi to meet us at the airport. We arrived at Quinta Jancintina at 1030am and checked in assuming our room would not be available until the afternoon. Not so, we were taken to our room immediately which was just lovely with its own terrace with chairs and sun beds. After settling in ,we went downstairs where the staff showed us around the rest of the hotel and gardens. We spent a lovely quiet hour by the pool in the sunshine , having a drink which was accompanied by nibbles. The staff booked our restaurant table for the evening and offered to arrange transport also. Arriving back at the hotel we took a lovely table on the terrace to enjoy a night cap and then had a wonderful nights sleep in the very comfortable bed. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and should I win the lottery I would like to book it for exclusive use and treat my nearest and dearest to the Quinta Jancintina experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SHEILA005
Reviewed 9 September 2013

What an amazing hotel. If you like small, friendly idyllic hotels you will love Quinta Jacintina. The hotel is very picturesque and has a lovely pool set in a quiet beautiful garden. It felt like we had our own private 5 star villa. It is well located near the beach where there are some very nice beach restaurants - try Julia’s for the huge prawns.
Can’t wait to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room so straight out into the garden and pool
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank James H
Reviewed 6 September 2013

This was our 2nd year in visiting, where we took over the whole hotel ( 11 rooms) with a little trepidation on returning again....would it / could it top the high notes of the previous year? I'm happy to say the management went out of their way to ensure all hands were on deck to make our stay even better than 2012. nothing was too much trouble, from menu choice, to assistance in arranging restaurants, golf, etc. etc., which is no mean feat for so many in one party.

Well done Quinta Jacintina Team, hopefully will find an excuse to return before too long !

Room Tip: I prefer the rooms upstairs, however all have their own balconies
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greg R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almancil
Conrad Algarve
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
EPIC SANA Algarve Hotel
#2 of 154 in Albufeira
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa

Been to Quinta Jacintina Hotel? Share your experiences!