I really can't find any fault in this place. In June 2011 I travelled with my wife, parents and 2 children (7 and 3 yrs). It was for my cousins wedding although that didn't take place at this venue. The shock on all our faces when we saw the inside of the appartment must have been a picture. We later discovered that our 3 bedroom ground floor one was about £1million Euros to buy. I'm gutted. The facilities are top class, the appliances are all very good known brands and include dishwasher, large fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, trays and even 3 chopping boards. I don't even have 3 chopping boards at home. The decor is trendy / chic (I'm not an interior designer but I class it as 'a bit flash') Basically this apartment is much nicer than my house and if I could sell my wife to enable me to afford the place I would. Ooh I should mention the outdoors, we had a pretty reasonable sized garden, big enough for a grandad his son and two kids to have a kick about anyway. We also had a groovy hot tub which all 6 of us could fit in plus wine / beers / fizzy drinks. I say groovy hot tub because it had colour changing lights too. Oooh! Now I've been going on a bit due to my excitement and haven't even mentioned the large outdoor dining table and chairs plus bbq and outdoor sink / food prep area. There are those fashionable resin garden chair sofa set things plus matching sun beds. The beach, which has awesome sand for a spot of digging and castle making, is a couple of minutes walk away literally next to the hotel. Now I've jabbered on about the apartment I should also mention that there are indoor and outdoor pools which are right next to each other. The kids thought it was great that there were inflatable giant dogs in the pool that they could climb on (well be lifted onto by me) and I may have even had a little ride on them myself (for safety testing). The bars and restaurants are similarly fashionably decorated hence why people choose to wed in the grounds. By the end of our 4 nights at the DDBC we were beyond relaxed and felt like we had experienced a milliionaire lifestyle for a short while (ok so the bbq was non-millionaire grub but even so). Give it a go you really won't be disappointed, and you may even pick up some home decor ideas!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully located on the Golden Algarve Coastline between the luxurious resorts of Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo, Dunas Douradas enjoys an enviable position in every sense. Imagine the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves breaking on the shoreline as you wake from a relaxing sleep. Dunas Douradas Beach Club offers 132 quality apartments and 8 villas situated in a prestigious beach front location within Algarve's Golden Triangle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Dunas Douradas Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Douradas Beach Club Hotel Almancil
- Dunas Douradas Beach Club Portugal/Algarve - Almancil