“Wow! Dunas Douradas millionaire city” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Dunas Douradas Beach Club
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Almancil
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Wow! Dunas Douradas millionaire city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

I really can't find any fault in this place. In June 2011 I travelled with my wife, parents and 2 children (7 and 3 yrs). It was for my cousins wedding although that didn't take place at this venue. The shock on all our faces when we saw the inside of the appartment must have been a picture. We later discovered that our 3 bedroom ground floor one was about £1million Euros to buy. I'm gutted. The facilities are top class, the appliances are all very good known brands and include dishwasher, large fridge freezer, microwave, kettle, trays and even 3 chopping boards. I don't even have 3 chopping boards at home. The decor is trendy / chic (I'm not an interior designer but I class it as 'a bit flash') Basically this apartment is much nicer than my house and if I could sell my wife to enable me to afford the place I would. Ooh I should mention the outdoors, we had a pretty reasonable sized garden, big enough for a grandad his son and two kids to have a kick about anyway. We also had a groovy hot tub which all 6 of us could fit in plus wine / beers / fizzy drinks. I say groovy hot tub because it had colour changing lights too. Oooh! Now I've been going on a bit due to my excitement and haven't even mentioned the large outdoor dining table and chairs plus bbq and outdoor sink / food prep area. There are those fashionable resin garden chair sofa set things plus matching sun beds. The beach, which has awesome sand for a spot of digging and castle making, is a couple of minutes walk away literally next to the hotel. Now I've jabbered on about the apartment I should also mention that there are indoor and outdoor pools which are right next to each other. The kids thought it was great that there were inflatable giant dogs in the pool that they could climb on (well be lifted onto by me) and I may have even had a little ride on them myself (for safety testing). The bars and restaurants are similarly fashionably decorated hence why people choose to wed in the grounds. By the end of our 4 nights at the DDBC we were beyond relaxed and felt like we had experienced a milliionaire lifestyle for a short while (ok so the bbq was non-millionaire grub but even so). Give it a go you really won't be disappointed, and you may even pick up some home decor ideas!

Room Tip: Everywhere seems really quiet
7 Thank Alboing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
glasgow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Whilst it appears to be very pricey I do think you get what you pay for and for a family holiday Dunas Douradas beach club is just about perfect. The quality of the accomodation and the attention to detail is as good as anything I have stayed at , the communal facitities and pool areas are wonderful .

I would highly recommend this resort and we will definately be back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank scottmac1
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2011

Dunas a high quality resort with attentive staff in a peaceful location away from the main (busy) hotspots on the Algarve. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was perfect for 2 couples. The roof top terrace had amazing views and was excellent for bbqs when combined with the well equipped kitchen.

The resort is on the beach but we spent all our time by the pools where table (sunlounger!) service is efficient and friendly.

I would definitely recommend this to couples and families. Would also recommend the spa - the staff were top notch and unbelievably friendly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Jacks0nFamily
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

Stayed here for a weeks family holiday recently and absolutely adored it. The apartments are pristine and better equipped than I've ever seen. We stayed in the cheapest apartment (Pinherios) and we still had a lovely sea view and were no more than 3/4 mins walk from the Clubhouse. The pool area is lovely and not at all crowded with excellent service. The pools weren't heated so my son spent most of his holiday in the indoor pool! We ate in the restaurant twice, the ambience and service were lovely but the food was only ok and a bit over priced (BUT it is a 5* establishment in an expensive area). The evenings where we cooked in were probably the most enjoyable as the terrace, with BBQ was fab and the kitchen a pleasure to work in!

The area is quiet, with a lovely beach and fabulous upmarket villas. The are only a few restaurants and no shops within walking distance so a car is a must.

Hope to return for 2 weeks next year. The holiday was actually very good value for the quality of the resort.

2 Thank Ailish1
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

We've just returned from DDBC for the second year running. It is awesome and the kids love it (aged 2 & 4). The facilities are still really good and the service is fantastic. We have been in early May last year and early June this year and have got lucky with the weather both times. I have heard that during the summer months (July/Aug) the pool areas can be really busy and if you have young kids. A little less relaxing as you'll need to keep an eye on them. When we went was perfect as the place was certainly no more than half full. Still love the idea of a maid service everyday and this year we used the gym which was also really good. Looking forward to coming back in the future.

Room Tip: Go for an appartment with a Jacuzzi.
2 Thank Sheepskull
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2011

Just A great place to stay.
A member of the family owns an appartment as it is the best place in central algarve and proven by winning awards.
Most Golf Courses within 5 to 15 minutes. Reduced package when staying at resort.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

Me and 2 mates stayed for 4 nights at the start of May, it is a gorgeous resort with spacious apartments and very friendly staff. I would have no hesitation in going back and was looking to go in the 6 weeks with the missus but it is very expensive BUT it is defo worth every penny if you can afford it in peak season. The roof top hot tubs are the best thing ever invented!!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RussCityboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Almancil
Conrad Algarve
Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
Vale do Lobo Resort
Vale do Lobo Resort
#6 of 16 in Almancil

Been to Dunas Douradas Beach Club? Share your experiences!