This place is just amazing, the location is very convenient for the airport and obviously right on the beach. The main outdoor area is sheltered from the coastal winds but still affords a gentle breeze. There are 4 pools and a hot tub with numerous comfortable sun loungers all over. The pools vary in depth and design and we found the indoor heated pool perfect to take our 5 month old daughter into. I say indoor but the huge amount of glazing felt like it was outdoors yet was sheltered from the sun.
The staff were incredibly helpful and nothing was too much; blowing up inflatables with an air pump, moving sun loungers, giving advice and drawn directions, whatever you needed they helped in a friendly and efficient way. Sometimes in a high end facility the staff can be a little snooty and aloof, but not here and it's something I couldn't value higher.
The overall design was to an exacting standard: beautiful, paved cream stones gave way to very tasteful tiered landscaped gardens and stunning white villas with classic terracotta roofs. The architecture was very sympathetic to the local style, yet had a modern feel with lots of glass, resulting in an open and smooth 'feel'. Manicured lawns and trees everywhere created a wonderful environment not normally associated with a beach location.
Our villa was perfect, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, FOUR TVs! 2 sun terraces, front and back gardens, a pool, aircon everywhere, a perfect kitchen that was fully stocked with more utensils than you could ever use and floor to ceiling sliding doors in every room with amazing external security/blackout electronic shutters that operated at the touch of a button. Wifi, English TV, you genuinely couldn't have asked for more.
The food was outstanding, we ate in the restaurant many times which served a great range of food including perfect eggs benedict, venison t bone, king prawns in white wine and garlic sauce with chips and more. It really covered everything from a nice lunch by the pool down to fine dining.
We can't wait to return to DDBC and we really recommend you give it a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully located on the Golden Algarve Coastline between the luxurious resorts of Quinta do Lago and Vale do Lobo, Dunas Douradas enjoys an enviable position in every sense. Imagine the smell of the ocean and the sound of the waves breaking on the shoreline as you wake from a relaxing sleep. Dunas Douradas Beach Club offers 132 quality apartments and 8 villas situated in a prestigious beach front location within Algarve's Golden Triangle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Odigeo so you can book your Dunas Douradas Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunas Douradas Beach Club Hotel Almancil
- Dunas Douradas Beach Club Portugal/Algarve - Almancil