“al fresco”
Review of Restaurante O limoeiro - CLOSED

Restaurante O limoeiro
Price range: US$12 - US$26
Cuisines: European, Portuguese, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“al fresco”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Dined here twice during our stay last november in portugal .lovely food .good prices . I had no room for dessert, on our first visit it was fuly booked but the owner happily put us a table and chairs out in the very small courtyard which was pretty , with its lights and of course the lemon tree.we'll definately go back when we next visit portugal

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank tigger2felix

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great value,great food and excellent service”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Been back many times for lunch always excellent, consistently great food. Best food across the area catering for all tastes ,fresh delicious vegetables ,sauces and puddings.
Highly recommended especially at lunch time when the same menu is available.
Looking forward to going again!!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Mary B
Ayr, United Kingdom
“Consistently great”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The Lemon Tree consistently delivers great food and service for all the family. This is our 10th year visiting and we have never been let down. Very good food at very reasonable prices and delivered by friendly, efficient staff. Great place to just relax and enjoy the food and service.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Allan L
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Leave room for dessert!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to the lemon tree for many years now and the food never disappoints! In the summer eating outside in the courtyard is amazing. Need to book as it is very popular! Portions are huge here so be warned. Share a starter. Have your own main course which comes with potatoes and veg. And make sure you have the dessert! They are to die for. There are always "specialities of the day" which are recomended by the waiters. This is an excellent Scottish run restaurant making great food. And I'm not just saying that cos I'm Scottish too! You won't be disappointed.

3 Thank Susan L
Leicestershire
“At last we visit the Lemon Tree”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have been to Portugal around 28 times over he last 10 years and have rcently stayed around the area of St Barbara de Nexe for the last 4 years. We have noticed this restaurant and always said "we must go there this time" but for some reason we havent been until this year! Wish we had come earlier! The service was good, not in your face but there whenever you wanted something. The specials were all well explained. The mushrooms that you get to start are LOVELY. I have had a go at making something similar since I have returned home. Chunky mushrooms in a sort of curry sauce. Try them - you wont be disappointed. I also had the black pudding and my Husband had the soup. He enjoyed his and I did mine although after wading through the mushrooms and a rather large portion of black pudding I was wondering whether I was going to get through the rest of the meal! I had sea trout which was lovely - quite light which was good in view of what I had eaten previoulsy. Husband had the meatballs and he loved them. Very generous portion. I really was full but was determined to try the puds. Glad I did as the lemon cheesecake was FAB. Not stodgy at all and very yummy. Hubby had some sort of banoffe and he wolfe that down too! I had wine, two other alcolholic drinks whilst waiting for the menu/order and the bill came to 70Eur which I thought as good value. particularly having eaten at lots of other places where the portion sizes are miniscule and also not cooked as well.
We came back for a second time and decided to skip starters and both ordered the Osso Buco . I ate mine and it w delicious but unfortunately Hubby had a migraine - didnt wat his and we had to leave. They did pack me up some of the ceesecake though! Shame.
The chef/owner came out and introduced himself and asked if everything was OK. He seemed very genuine and not doing it because he felt he had to.
We are coming back to Portugal at the beginning of September and will certainly visit The Lemon Tree again. See you then!

• Visited July 2014