“Holiday night out with friends”
Review of Julias

Julias
Ranked #53 of 198 Restaurants in Almancil
Price range: US$11 - US$40
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Julia's restaurant,beach bar & lounge. The original beach restaurant. Not just a beach restaurant but a lifestyle for generations for nearly 50 years
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Food was only ok nothing special. Staff were ok but again nothing special. Such a shame as the location is lovely. Unfortunately we will not be returning.

3  Thank sammickmurphy
Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Julia's is a must every time we come out to Quinta, but I have to say that it seems to have become very expensive! It was very good as always but €340 for lunch!!! And we didn't over indulge either. Of course we will visit again next time though.

2  Thank GAR4898
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Went with my wife at the end of the holiday. After loads of food and wine we just wanted a quick meal. We came for the seafood stew as my wife had it a few days before and it was outstanding. She wanted me to try it. We arrived and the party was still at the beach bar. What a great setting to enjoy a birthday party, one was going on. I would come back just to have a drink at the beach bar. It was quite early and we have been shown a table directly by the windows. They where open and we enjoyed a nice breeze. Service was quick and our drinks came fast. The food order was taking efficiently for the two of us. There was even an attempt of up-selling, well done. We had two of the seafood stew and ordered some African rice on the side. The food arrived quickly and as my wife promised, it was very good. A nice selection of fish and seafood in the stew. The flavor was great, quite rich. The salmon and monkfish in the stew was cooked nicely. The prawn on top was cooked nicely and nicely cut to easily take the shell off. Clams and other shells also in the stew. The only thing which could have been a bit more was the calamari, I only had two pieces. Maybe luck of the draw? I still enjoyed it and would have it again. I also ordered a glass of white wine with the stew and it complimented it nicely. I left it to the manager(?) to decide which one, good choice. The bill came we paid and left quickly. Definitely would come again even for a nicer, drawn out meal.

1  Thank HungryT2
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Went there on four occasions over two weeks. Great setting, food is very good but not exceptional. Nice atmosphere. It is more a lunchtime or early evening place. Sunday lunchtime was manic- full & with a band. Great atmosphere.
It is also a great place to go & just have a drink. I would definitely go back. Typically, we paid c.€55 per head for two courses (including a bottle of wine).

1  Thank Frank H
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely lunch here, we had a table looking over the water which made it even better!

Came here as a group of 7 and had perfect, friendly service the whole time. It’s a little more expensive than some places around but well worth it for such good food with such a fantastic view.

Everyone enjoyed their meals, a few of us had the crab which was extra good! The portions are also huge, you definitely get your money’s worth.

Worked out around €40 each for various anti pasti starters to share, mains, sides and a few drinks. Perfect place for lunch on a beach day!

juliasalgarve, Owner at Julias, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to review us Mel.
Truly appreciate the comments and objectivity of what it really is about.

The team