“Great food: sushi and teppanyaki ..”
Review of Ichiban

Ichiban
Ranked #36 of 156 Restaurants in Almancil
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I am travelling since 42 years to the Algarve and I am happy to find new restaurants! Today we, my wife and me, have eben to Ichiban which we found here in TripAdvisor. From Outsider the Restaurant doesn't Look so well, however inside it. is Pretorias nice. Some normal tables and lots of planes around the teppanyaki table.

Since my wife is not firm with Japanese kitchen, we have chosend the "all you can eat" menu and asked the nice waiter to bring a sampler of the Japanese kitchen. We started with Miso soup, then prawns, then dumplings, then saté chicken and prawn. After we got a sampler made of sushi and sashimi. Finally we got. from teppanyaki some salmon, shrimps, beef and chicken.

It was really excellent! And all for something about 19€'s.

We come back for sure!

1  Thank Peter Gustav K

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We tried this restaurant looking for some Japanese food in the Algarve and were not dissapointed with this find. The look on the outside is basic, but the food served up is very authentic and taste really hits the mark.

We ate on the 'all you can eat' menu which you order from the chef including many different types of sushi - also the first time I have ever tried fried sushi - actually very nice

All in all a great meal, and brilliant service from the family owners, will definitely visit again

2  Thank BrianToward
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Do not be fooled by the basic look from the outside. The restaurant is family owned and run and offers great food at good value with a friendly atmosphere

2  Thank GeoEd
Reviewed 3 November 2013

6 of us had a meal in Ichiban last week and didn't know they have a special deal, all you can eat for 18.50€. Not only was the price brilliant the food and the service was second to none and I just hope they become successful because they offer excellent Sushi and the lowest prices I've ever come accross .

1  Thank Algarvehaydn
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Second time of eating here and yet again not sure why we don't come more often - fantastic and diverse menu choice and all prepared and cooked freshly to order. The cooking of the teppanyaki is entertainment in itself, and it was very sociable sitting with other guests around the teppanyaki table. The modest chef is obviously very skilled ( as a chef but also as a juggler, and entertainer) and the food was just delicious. One of the best meals we have had recently and great value as well. Thank you.

1  Thank Judi I