“Always on our list of restaurants to visit”
Review of Casa Pituxa

Casa Pituxa
Ranked #3 of 155 Restaurants in Almancil
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Family restaurant serving Portuguese traditional cuisine, has in dishes like Monkfish "Pituxa" or Grilled Lamb Fillets with Mint sauce some of their dishes of excellence. Fresh fish daily, assorted meats and various desserts. Enjoy our magnificent terrace during midsummer, or stay warm near our fireplace during winter evenings. Moderately priced. We are situated in a quiet area next to the Vale do Lobo road - Almancil. Pay us a visit and make yourself at home!
Surrey
“Always on our list of restaurants to visit”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have been visiting Almancil each year since 1991 and no trip is complete without a visit to Casa Pituxa. Fatima and her staff are always very friendly and the food excellent and freshly prepared. We thoroughly recommend the piri-piri prawn starter and the garlic mushrooms and the sea bass and sea bream are delicious.

If you are staying nearby, make a reservation

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Amanda1165

bucks
“Not sure I understand the high ratings”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Visited as a party of seven on basis of Tripadvisor reviews.
Given the competition in the area, really couldn't recommend as anything other than very average experience both in terms of atmosphere or food..
Standard and unimaginative menu with curious post it notes for some specials. Prices about average.
Restaurant was a little dingy with a slightly musty smell.
Piri piri prawn starters were a bit dry and lacked any sparkle. Melon and ham was better, good fresh fruit and generous portion.
Various main course raged from tasty barbecue lamb, to average swordfish via unremarkable monkfish Pituxa.
There must be better Portuguese restaurants in the Algarve. O Antonios near Pine Cliffs is a great example of how to do this so much better (and cheaper!)
Nothing from the service suggested the owners were serving us that night

• Visited October 2013
3 Thank sbarrow
Woking, United Kingdom
“Good honest cooking”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Jamie and Fatima have been in this game a long time. Traditional Portugese dishes with some very good grilled steaks and chicken. Try the monkfish Pituxa! Very nice terrace out the back and very reasonable. We are always looked after and will be back next year.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chris S
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“A missed opportunity, I'll not miss it again”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

During my many visits to Quinta do Lago I have, to my great regret, eaten at Casa Pituxa, my mistake, I will certainly go back. It fronts a quiet lane about 75 metres on from Iberico. It is spacious and colourful but for us, it's great attraction was the flagged terrace to the rear overlooking it's garden and land. It was lovely to sit cooled by a gentle breeze. I believe it is a family affair, they all clearly treasure their restaurant. Both food and wines were really very good, I had a grilled sole as my main course, probably one of the best I have had. We had a delightful evening, carefully looked after.

• Visited July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“fab food”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

well what can i say back again this year and i have put on 8lb so thank you fatima and jimes for the once again excellent food i will now have to take up swimming to get this weight off. the food is so good i have to eat everything on the plate even when i am full thank you for my wonderfull meals and service that you provided see you next year

• Visited June 2013