I booked a family villa (1041 villa princesa) through Sun Hat. The location is great, 5 min walk from the beach and Pracca. The pool is great too....BUT there was regular building work being carried out next door.
The villas are all on top of each other which you should be aware of so if you have noisy neighbour this can ruin your holiday.
Our holiday was ruined on
3/9 days with builders hammering constantly, drilling and shouting/talking not 10 yards from the pool.
Sun Hat had told me there wouldn't be any work being carried out as this had all finished in June......VERY WRONG. I would never have booked the villa if I'd known the work would be being carried out.
Sun Hat were apologetic about the situation and kept telling me the work would finish that day...but it didn't.
Sun Hat initially mentioned a discount for the issues we faced but they've not mentioned anything since. Anyway what is the price of a ruined 33% of a holiday???
So if you are coming down here then understand the villas are all very close and not very private....and beware of Sun Hat and potential building work!
A great shame as this is a good place to chill and get some sun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vale do Lobo Golf & Beach Resort offers a unique concept in luxury living. 1,500 residential and holiday properties, makes it the largest luxury resort of its kind in Portugal with endless facilities and services in a unique location in the Algarve ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Vale do Lobo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vale Do Lobo Hotel Almancil
- Vale Lobo Hotel
- Vale Do Lobo Resort Portugal/Algarve - Almancil