“Great for court rentals”

Jim Stewart Tennis Academy
Oxford, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great for court rentals”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Had a great time here, we rented a court and some balls and we're very impressed by the court quality and friendliness. We have gone to Quinta do Lago now for 8 years and had never played tennis until last year, we rented a court and had a great time. I'd recommend spending less than and hour on court in the summer months as can be too hot or booking a court for the evening, if you go in April or October the weather can be fine to play during the daytime for more than an hour. The friendliness of the place made us feel very comfortable and we found ourselves to be joking around with people on other courts. It's a great place to go to for lessons or court rentals and can fill up holiday time with a bit of physical activity.

Visited August 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Great friendly place”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Great courts , friendly service and offering good raquets to hire as well as balls if you need them.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank ScottishGeorge53
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Total ripoff don't go there”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

After a recent visit to Jim Stewarts Tennis Academy my son and I booked a court and were looking forward to playing a game of tennis we were told that the main courts were booked up and that we could play at the courts at the Victory Village which the club also ran so we booked a court for an hour for 18 euros, what a mistake!!. The tennis court must have been the worst I have ever played on in the 30 years that I have played tennis, I would say that you would have had a better chance of having a decent game during the First World War in no mans land on the Somme, the fences curled from the bottom no doubt from people trying to escape so we spent most of our time on our knees retrieving tennis balls, wait you must be asking yourselves why weren't you playing tennis and hitting the balls back? Well let's talk about the playing surface or lack of it? There must be at least a half inch of height difference running down the central white line so if you served onto the line the ball would take off at a 45 degree angle that even Federer or Nadal at their best would not be able to return, tennis court this is not! It must double up as the holding pen for the Portugeuse Jeremy Kyle show, we gave up trying to play after 40 mins and headed back to the academy to return the hire racket and complain, upon complaining we were told that we should not have been charged to play there (I'm not Sherlock Holmes but I could work this one out) then why did TWO members of staff both charge me? If its tennis you want avoid this RACKET!!

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Paul H
Witten, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tennis Holidays In Portugal”
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I spend a lot of time in the Algarve and like to play tennis. Until a few weeks ago I had never played tennis outside of Vale do Lobo which is where much of the Algarve Tennis scene is located; so this was the first time I had ever visited Jim Stewart's.

I liked it there; the staff were friendly, the facilities were nice and I managed to try out a new tennis court surface called Euroclay, which was cool! Definitely worth a look.

Visited January 2013