“tennis”

Vale do Lobo Tennis Academy
Ranked #4 of 23 things to do in Almancil
More attraction details
Owner description: Vale do Lobo Tennis Academy is probably one of the most beautiful place to play tennis in Europe. With 10 all weather courts, 4 synthetic grass courts, 1 padel court, pro-shop, gym, swimming pool and Tennis Cafe with terrace and view to the tennis courts is a great club for all family. #1 in Tennis Holidays, our programme includ coaching, match play, round robins and social events. Open all year round
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Played great tennis with my family and enjoyed the nice weather in october. We even made a family championship.

3  Thank Christoph S

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Really excellent tennis coaching. I have known this place for 30+ years! originally as Roger Taylor, then David Lloyd, now unbranded, but still absolutely excellent for children's tennis coaching.

I'll admit that Roger Taylor was an absolutely phenomenal coach, and a true gentleman to boot. I have many great memories of learning here under him in the 1980s.

Time moves on and I am now a father of two and (regrettably) a much less frequent tennis player.
Anyway, our kids (9 and 8) came out for a week with Nunu in April 2013 and have just had a great week with Joao in the New Year 2014. Their patience and their coaching, as well as their command of English is outstanding and I commend them, as well as Head coach Enrico, very highly. We'll definitely be back again in April.

1  Thank David S
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had a really good time here - great facilities, friendly staff and welcoming. Only thing I would say is the cafe menu could do with an upgrade as it was pretty uninspiring.

1  Thank tj1Scotland
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Having lazed at the pool or beach the whole day it was nice to join the "roll-up" tournaments that they run between 4-6 daily.
My 2 kids aged 9 and 11 played in the round-robin on each of the tuesday and thursdays that we were there, and i played in the adult singles on the monday. EU15 to enter, and very sociable, and fairly competitive. It was hot, but it was nice to have a good 2 hour sweat and break the day up. Price giving on the friday was also a nice touch, and we each walked away with a tournament winner t-shirt!

1  Thank spyglassLondon
Reviewed 17 July 2013

There's 14 courts,swiming pool, gym padel court and lots of green space around the club,you can leave your children safely around the couts without having to look over your shoulder,more variety on the menu would be welcome

1  Thank Eurico C