“the village tour.”

The Original Red Bus
Ranked #7 of 28 Tours in Ayia Napa
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Please can we have our location changed to Protaras. We operate out from Ayia Napa and Protaras. 10% of our business is from Ayia Napa and the other 90% is from Protaras. Thanks in anticipation. David Williams
Reviewed 28 July 2014

What a great morning out. We opted for the village tour. We wanted to see some of the island but didn't want to be out all day. We were collected from outside the Anistasia hotel in penera at 9.45. A nice time to start a tour. Not too early.The "natural" air conditioning was certainly a face lifter when the bus was moving!! The information regarding the invasion in 1974 on the tour was very interesting. Like Alan says. "There are two sides to every story"and it is an eye opener. The villages you pass through are interesting too.
If you want a great morning out and see some of cyprus and not be bored out of your mind I recommend this 100% even try some prickly pear!!!!

Careful though bus tourers. There is another red bus tour trying to make a business around the area too. But remember the original red bus cyprus is the only way to go. Thanks Alan and Helen for a great excellent value for money trip.

All reviews
in 23 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 28 July 2014

An excellent day out touring around the area of Famagusta and Varosha. If you are interested in the history of Cyprus and in particular the 1974 invasion of the island by the Turkish, then this is the trip for you. The stop at Varosha on the small beach, surrounded by the ghost resort of Varosha in the background is surreal. Our driver and tour guide were both called Dave and I think they were cockney's; they were really nice guys and knew their stuff. It was great value for money and a trip that I definitely would recommend. We did the Villages Tour too, which was equally as good.

1  Thank joeypr
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Besides all the great reviews I would like to make some recommendations to the organizers:

1. Increasing visitation time 30-45 minutes in Famagusta. If you want to quiet lunch on a terrace you have no time for sightseeing and shoping, or have to do it on the run;

He eats very well and cleanly to a terrace which has patio. It is located after ,,Bazar" minishop, in the last part of the main street. I see on reviews a picture of three gentlemen in shirts Redbus underlying the terrace. Unfortunately I do not remember the name.

2. Increasing residence time at the beach in 30 minutes Varosha. And here, if you come to look at and talk about abandoned hotels and fail to investigate the forbidden zone to beach to swim with turtles, as is specified in the advertisement;

3. Increased attention to bookings made ​​on the internet!

4. At this price I think that might give even a bottle of water per person!

In the end I think it was a pleasant trip, but I think the price paid above these requirements could be easily solved by the organizers.

1  Thank 283MarianM
Reviewed 22 July 2014

On the 15th July my husband and myself went on this trip. The views were excellent and Alan our guide was very informative without boring us all to tears. His funny remarks made us all smile. Riding on the top of the bus was great and the stop for fruit at the farm shop was a good chance for us all to see and taste their local produce. The prickly pear was very interesting to eat. The trip was well worth the money.