I've been very fortunate to stay at Intercontinentals, Shangri-La's and Four Seasons around the world. These are true 5* hotels in every sense of the word. You're made to feel special, and you feel fortunate to be there and it's relaxing the whole time. The quality and the sheer attention to detail marks these apart.
Unfortunately my stay at Adams Beach Hotel fell far shorter than the rating they have been given/given themselves. As a comparison, I would say 3.5 Stars is much more accurate.
We arrived fairly late due to some odd times flying in/out of Larnaca. We had booked the 'Classic' room. The A/C didn't really work in our room, and the mattress is very hard. As it was late and my wife and I were travelling with a baby, we decided to just make the best of it and get as much rest as we could.
The next day we managed to pay for an upgrade, as the space in the classic room really wasn't enough for our baby who is keen on crawling everywhere. So we managed to secure a Junior Suite at a reduced rate per night, which I deemed fair. This room was much better in terms of decor, size and furnishings. It was also in the new 'Deluxe Wing' style, meaning more modern compared to old wooden styling of the classic room. Unfortunately our problems started here.
The hot water didn't work, meaning it was tough to bathe our baby. We spoke to the front desk, who sent a quite uninterested technician in, who in very broken english gestured to just leave the tap running. This did work and we informed the front desk again. Fast forward two days and two nights, a different room with the same problem (now 3 room moves!!) and we finally managed to speak to the Manager. He apologised, and whilst he refused to refund me the days I paid for no hot water - he did upgrade us again this time to the Presidential Suite for our troubles with some meal vouchers.
The new Suite was fairly spacious, the decor is more of the wood style, and is getting quite worn out now. The water (this again :) ) came out a murky brown until I left it going about 10 minutes. And the shower pressure was awful. 30 seconds strong, 30 seconds a drip - repeat.
We honestly had enough of trying to speak to management, so we let it slide just so we could feel like we were on holiday - which didn't really kick in till the last 3 days unfortunately.
• The outdoor/pool areas and the bar inside have a good atmosphere.
• Almost right on the beach
• Most of the staff friendly
• Decor of the refurbished rooms are much better
• Pools were enjoyable
• Easy availability of sun loungers at this time of the year
• Duty manager at night dealt with the problem as best she could. Seemed much more sincere than the manager and smiled and asked us how we were doing later on in our stay.
• Hot water not working in two rooms.
• Classic rooms are basic. See the Four Seasons Cyprus website for what a 5* classic room should look like.
• Breakfast offering gets very repetitive.
• Manager, whilst attending to the problem, gave the impression he just wanted to get rid of the problem and therefore us. We didn't hear or see from him after our conversation. Complete opposites at the above mentioned 5* hotels even when everything is going right.
• We left an item behind in the Presidential Suite, despite us calling from the UK it was never found by the hotel.
• Cleanliness of rooms (including suites) was bad.
• Junior Suite already showing signs of wear and tear!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Adams Beach Hotel is peacefully set on the beautiful sandy beach of Nissi Bay and is within a short distance of the resort center, Ayia Napa – Cyprus ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Adams Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Adams Beach Ayia Napa
- Hotel Adams Beach
- Adams Beach Hotel Cyprus