All reviewsfamily lifeswim up roomgrill restaurantmain buildingmain poolbaby clubserenity poolfamily roomfree sectionsoup and sandwichesantibacterial wipeskids splash poolnissi beachevening entertainmentrooftop barnext yearsomething for everyone
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

A pretty nice family friendly hotel with a massive pool and different restaurants and bars to choose from.

The Good points:

Main restaurant excellent variety
Pools massive and lots of smaller options if desired.
Beach right next door and beautiful.
Drinks great selection from AI option.

Not so Good

Sunbeds by main pool are in short supply and suspect our southern cousins hog these before breakfast which is simply not on.

Bar staff - most but not all clearly feel they are doing you a favour by pouring a drink. Think an intensive short training course on customer service would be useful for the main culprits.

HFM Issue seems to be denial of this by TUI the U.K. but posters plastered everywhere at the hotel which means they are either lying or being kept in the dark. Fortunately no one (so far) in our group contracted it but this was entirely down to us OCD cleaning and sanitizing of hands.

Green Grill - big disappointment.

Splash park - avoid as probable source of some of the points above and located right next to a busy road.

Spa - steam room smelled of something not pleasant and generally spa looked old and needed TLC.

Pretty sure once the HFM issue is eradicated and some Bar staff retrained or fired then this hotel could be an excellent place for hols but borderline 4* for me.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Aeneas-Team, General Manager at Atlantica Aeneas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear alasdair27,
Thank you for choosing our hotel and taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay with us.

We greatly appreciate your compliments on the very good food, choice of swimming pools throughout, and family-friendly service provided by our team.

Although there are enough sunbeds to accommodate our guests when requiring a sunbed and are not able to find one our pool attendants will gladly be of assistance.

I must admit your view about the bar staff has caught me a bit off guard, as we receive enormous feedback about the friendliness and hospitality of our staff members. I do apologise if you felt that this hospitality was not extended to you, as surely this was not our intention and will look into how this can be better conveyed from our bar staff to all guests.

We have been candid with our replies regarding HFM and as you have mentioned there are notices informing guests as well as a letter guests receive in their welcome pack.

The Green & Grill Restaurant was disappointing to you, please allow me to ask you to describe your experience at the Green & Grill and if you could provide us with helpful information by sending an email to me personally at aeneas@atlanticahotels.com on how we could have improved your visit there.

The kids’ splash pool has slides and fountains for children it is located at one end of the hotel. The splash pool is monitored by a trained lifeguard and the entire splash pool area has aluminium fencing covering the perimeter of the area with the only gate door by the lifeguard for entering or exiting the splash pool area.
The road you mention is on the other side of a concrete wall which has trees on the other side and then an even higher concrete wall thus there is absolutely no access to this road from the splash pool.

alasdair27, we thank you for your feedback and your four-star rating, your review has been taken into serious consideration and we would work on the addressed matters to ensure that our service standards and hospitality exceed your expectations on your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We stayed at this Hotel from the 4th- 11th of Oct. I was slightly apprehensive at first because my youngest child is on the spectrum with ASD & this was our first holiday in a warm climate with her but I can honestly say as soon as we arrived my mind was instantly put at ease.

I arrived at the hotel at 1am with my husband & 2 daughter's 8yrs old and 6 and instantly felt welcomed.
The hotel is beautiful, the staff are amazing & my two daughter's were inlove with the many swimming pools. My youngest is a very fussy eater but every morning, dinner & tea she absolutely loved picking from the wide range or foods & especially liked the snack bar.
We had read about the HFM... The hotel is spotless, there are hand sanatizers everywhere and the lifeguards were forever cleaing the pool neither of our children suffered with this.

The children entertainment with it's structured show meant that not only the kids enjoyed their time us parents did also. I can't praise the children's rep's enough you have a big fan my youngest daughter who now watches Captain T and the superdog's at home cuddling up to her captain t teddy & asking when are we going back.

We attended a wedding here of a friend also which was wonderful!
The cocktails were yummy so much choice & my husband loved the beer! There was always instant service & big shout out to the waiter Gabor who always made sure we had a drink.

Thank so much for wonderful stay we will be back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Aeneas-Team, General Manager at Atlantica Aeneas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Dear Lauren T,

What a wonderful and heart-warming review, thank you for taking the time to share. It is very rewarding when we received such positive feedback knowing we have created everlasting memorable holiday moments for families.

We definitely pride ourselves on service excellence, so it is fantastic knowing that you and your family felt the instant warm welcome that we extend to all our guests and that the hotel’s facilities and services were everything needed for a wonderful stay; so much so that you loved every minute and didn’t want to leave.

Your high praises will be shared with the team and I can assure you that there will be a lot of smiling faces knowing that their services have contributed to this fantastic response.

Nothing would give us more pleasure than to welcome you back for another visit, hope we will have that opportunity soon.

Fondest regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Been to supposedly 5 star hotels in turkey the last 2 years and I’m at this hotel now, only our second day and it’s so much better than my last 2 holidays, in a bungalow which is lovely and clean, food is great and staff are lovely. Already thinking of bringing the kids back next year

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Aeneas-Team, General Manager at Atlantica Aeneas Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear sharonclark1974,

Thank you for taking the time during your holiday to fill us in on how your stay is going. We are quite delighted to know that only 2 days into your holiday and we are already impressing you with our services. Please feel free to visit our guest relations team if there is anything we can do to add to your comfort and enjoyment.

We wish you a wonderfully relaxing holiday and would look forward to meeting you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

I have just returned from a week at the Aeneas with my husband and children 3yo and 7months. I was a little concerned having read some of the reviews on here shortly before my holiday but had to write this review as felt they were really unfair. During our stay we didn't hear of any cases of HFM in the hotel, we were informed of previous cases when we checked in and Thomson put another letter under our room door a couple of days in, also there was information by the lifts so people were well informed. There was also hand sanitizer everywhere you went.

Having been to a number of all inclusive hotels in the past I have to say I think this hotel had the best service I have received in an all inclusive hotel, they staff were so helpful and friendly.

Great hotel, fantastic pools and lovely staff.

1  Thank han_3031

Dear han_3031,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor and reassuring readers that we truly do our utmost to ensure great holiday experiences.

I am proud to say that our team goes to great lengths to provide commendable service and maintaining a high level of service quality. We greatly appreciate your comments that you consider this hotel to have offered you the best service you have received in any of the all-inclusive hotels you have visited.

It is our promise that we will continue providing warm hospitality and the great service that you were welcomed with at this visit for years to come.

Hope to have the pleasure of your return soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Hotel is very clean overall, staff are nice to, 2 min walk to nissa beach across the road, it is a quite area take about half a hour to walk to town or 15mins to any good bars!
Kids entertainment brilliant, on site shop at good prices. Rooms are nice and modern and always cleaned to a high standard.
Thomson staff are all nice and good to talk to even if there was a problem.
BAD BITS
Wifi is rubbish
All pools are cold in October, even the indoor pool, can be used but just a bit cold!
Someone did use the spa on our room number but the charge was dropped.
Its 88e to hold your room for 6 hours.
Main bad bit, Thea’s snack bar/food bar has cats, the staff on here are lazy, never clean up, old food on the floor for hours, kids touching the cats then eating there chips and there is no disinfectant gel to use at this bar,why?
Anyway over all a very nice place

Dear Keeny A,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback, we are pleased that the key points of your holiday were to your satisfaction such as the nice modern rooms that you found to have been cleaned to high standard, the brilliant kids’ entertainment and the staff that were friendly.

The structure of the hotel stretches over approximately 15 acres of land with large garden areas, as such there can be the odd stray cat that may wander onto the hotel premises and the hotel does its utmost to keep stray cats off the complex. We have not had any significant issues with cats but will look into the matter along with the cooperation of cat care projects in the area.

Furthermore, although hand sanitizers are available at the entrance of all restaurants and toilets, it is advised that parents also have in mind the personal care and hygiene of their children. There are not hand sanitizers currently at the snack bar, your suggestion has been forwarded to the relevant departmental managers; we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We are happy to know that your overall experience was a good one and you did find areas generally clean and our staff friendly and hospitable, hope to have a revisit from you in the future.

Kind regards,