“absolutely amazing!”

Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
uk
“absolutely amazing!”
Reviewed 9 July 2008

My husband and I recently got married here on the 5th June 2008. Well what a week and where do I start.

Firstly the arrival was very friendly and smooth and the sea view room, which we had, on the second floor had the most fantastic views. We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us on arrival which we thought was a nice touch.

We chose the half board option and the food was delicious with a good variety and something for everyone. The staff are both friendly and attentive.

We booked the wedding through argo and they were very well organised and looked after every last detail, thanks Trish. I was a little worried before arriving at cyprus as I had not been able to arrange anything before I got there but believe me there was nothing to worry about. Everything had already been sorted and every detail was thoroughly covered when I got there by both the excellent wedding coordinator and the argo rep. My wedding dress was even steamed at the hotel for a small fee as I had packed in a box and put it in hand luggage. There was no way I was letting it go through into the luggage hold. This gave me three days to relax before the big day.

The wedding day itself was the most fantastic day ever, this was also echoed by the 36 guests with the wedding party. I got picked up by the girls who did my hair and make-up with my mum and three bridesmaids, and taken to ayia napa to their salon. They did a fantastic job on all five of us in just two hours which left us plenty of time and we didn't have to get up too early either. The ceremony was short and sweet and the photographer took the most flattering pictures amongst the beautiful setting of the gardens and the sea. The weather was very hot with bright sunshine, however the sea breeze kept me fairly cool which was one my worries in my full length dress.

We had a sit 5 course meal in a private section of the ambrosia restaurant and it was the best wedding meal I have ever had. We had roast beef and yorkshire pudding and it was delicious succulent lean beef with homemade yorkshire puds. Even the weddding cake(baked by the hotel) was lovely, almost ice cream like on the outside.

We then retired to a section of the baccus bar where we enjoyed a finger buffet and some live music provided by the the hotel for all guests. Even though there are other weddings going on you really don't notice as everything is organised so well in a way that you never really see any other wedding parties around you and not only that but the staff make you feel very special and like yours is the only wedding that day. Some of the wedding party were staying at other hotels all of which had weddings going on and they felt that ours was by far the best setting.

The morning after the night before we had a lovely cooked breakfast with champagne brought to our room which we enjoyed on the balcony of our room overlooking the sea.
Altogether we had the most amazing, very well organised and relaxed day. We would definately recommend this venue for other couples who fancy going abroad to get married. The holiday itself was fantastic too and we would definately return to this hotel along with many others in our wedding party.

Mr and Mrs Barron

• Liked — the amazing setting
  • Disliked — beach over crowded
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank rocky1981

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
england
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Well i did enjoy the hotel gardens they were amazing and the weddings were so nice to watch but i have to say that the euro has completely ruined cyprus as they think they can take the mickey and charge anything they want. The hotel drinks were very expensive and the entertainment was very poor so we had to go out every knight as the kids were bored ridgid. The room we booked was a beach suite bungalow which was ok but the sea view was obscured by very large trees, and one morning when i went to turn on the air con a cochroach fell out of it. The beach was very nice and the water was very warm, great for kids as it was shallow and full of small fish. I will not be going to cyprus again due to the prices and i was told one knight that if you told the shop staff you lived there they knocked off 30 % thats not fair to us holiday makers it should be equal. The park on the hotel was in bad condition and the kids club was never open. The pool was small but it was very well kept and the kids liked it. I can only say that if your getting married there make sure you have lots of money with you because the amount of people i spoke to had lots of hidden charges and some did not get a dj or music, we saw one couple and there family sat on chairs waiting for somewhere to be set up for them.

• Liked — the beach and gardens
  • Disliked — the prices and food option
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Norfolk, England
Reviewed 22 June 2008

This is my second holiday to this hotel. My boyfriend and I came last year and loved it so much we came back again! We went on 21st May for one week and the weather was really good! It reached about 28 degrees, not too hot! It's just right for lounging on the beach, and bearable to walk and explore in. I think it would get too hot in August!
There are some great places to eat and a good variety of food around the Nissi bay area. We liked Valentinos restaurant and if you have some wine, go for 'Thisbe' - a speciality of Cyprus!

The hotel is gorgeous, the grounds are just beautiful, and there are lots of little pathways to wander on or down to the beach. The beach is amazing, with white sand and turquoise water which you can wander deep into. There are a range of water sports. We tried the parachute ride attached to a speed boat over the water, pedalos and my boyfriend even tried the bungee jump!!

Ayia Napa is ok. There are some good places to eat, 'Castelli' being our favourite, it is a lovely atmosphere. We didn't like the nightlife as it was too 'busy'. You feel pressured to visit the bars and restaurants and it really puts you off!
Don't go there if you are looking for a quiet, romantic evening!

The waterpark is a must for any age, it is a brilliant day out, make sure you take a waterproof camera and you can get some great shots on the rides!

We only went for one week and we feel you need a bit longer if you want to try everything.
We definately recommend this hotel and Adams Beach next door looked amazing too. We snuck in one night to have a look around, and it seemed very swish!
We will definately be going again in the near future!

• Liked — The area; being close to the beach and restaurants, but not right in the centre of Ayia Napa!
  • Disliked — It can get busy on the beach or around the pool, and you have to pay for your sunbeds and parasol on the beach!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank emi-lu-x
London
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We stayed at the Nissi Beach Hotel whilst attending a wedding being held in the hotel during the (UK) May half term.

As it was half term we assumed that the hotel would be really busy, this was not the case at all. As the hotel is so big and so well designed you hardly see other hotel residents apart from on the beach or around the pool. The hotel is very geared up for kids, and has it's own kids club.

Beautiful grounds, large swimming pool, lovely beach and the rooms are a good size. Location wise it is outside Ayia Napa, but there are restuarants just across the road from the hotel which are excellent value.

We ate in Ayia Napa a couple of times, once was to Blueberries, which is a fantastic restuarant, a bit out of the way, but super value - I would recommend writing down the address before you go, as the hotel tried recommending other restuarants rather than Blueberries.

The wedding was held just over looking the beach, a fantastic view, the hotel organisation was great. The reception was held in the evening in the Rondavel bar just above the beach, again, another beautiful venue, and a must for any newly wed couple to have their wedding breakfast.

There are a couple of downsides:
1 - breakfast is often a bit hit or miss, but generally it's ok.
2 - Due to there being a water shortage in Cyprus the water pressure in the showers in the main hotel is really bad, so there is no such thing as a quick shower, (water basically drips out of 3 holes in the shower head, even when water is on full flow).

I can not recommend this hotel enough.

• Liked — The grounds and the beach
  • Disliked — Water pressure, and not being able to put toilet paper down the toilet (although not the hotels fault)
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank Sally76
Surrey
Reviewed 19 June 2008

Travelled to the Nissi Beach on the 1st June 2008 for a two week holiday - we also had our wedding at the Nissi Beach Hotel (we had 51 guests).

First of all the grounds of the hotel are lovely, and although you are right on the beach the grounds are very quiet.

We stayed in one of the beach bungalows and they really are lovely, the view from our room was gorgeous (room 17). Other family members stayed in the sea view rooms within the main hotel building and also in the garden rooms.

The sea view rooms also had lovely views and although the rooms are small they were clean and comfortable. The garden view rooms were also nice, however two of our guests did experience loud noice from a karoake bar down the road, however apart from this they were once again clean and very comfortable.

The food at breakfast and also in the restaurant in the evenings really was nice, with lots of choice and variety. The food at the pool bars etc was ok. Things like hot dogs / pizza / burgers etc, although I did find these snacks over priced (please be advised they do have a childrens snack menu which is cheaper but you need to ask for this).

The entertainment in the evenings is ok.

The kids club which is run by the hotel is also quite good, our daughter went in there a couple of times.

The beach was nice and clean and so was the sea. We did walk up to the main part of Nissi Beach, however unless you are on a clubbing holiday you would be best to stay nearer the hotel.

The pools are very nice and clean (they are cleaned daily). The only down side is you need to get your sun beds before breakfast as a lot of people were putting their towels on the beds the night before.

The sun loungers and umbrellas on the beach need to be paid for and this cost us 6euros for two beds and one umbrella.

WEDDING
We booked the wedding and holiday through First Choice - DO NOT DO THIS. Everything about the First Choice ranging from the check in / staff / foreign currency and wedding staff both in the UK and in Cyprus was way below anyones minimal expectations.

The wedding day itself which was in the end arranged with the hotel directly went without any hitches. The food was lovely, you can choose from various menus - we had the three course sit down gala meal.

We had our evening do at the Nissi Taverna (Pelican). We chose this instead of the Rondeval as it has a games room attached which we thought was better suited to the children in our party. However I did see the Rondeval and it is amazing.

We also booked a DJ and Dancers through the hotel and these were both very good. The buffet food in the evening was also incredibly nice and there was tones of it.

I booked for my hair and make up to be down via the beautician and hairdresser at the hotel. They were both extremley lovely and professional and I was thrilled with the results. The beautician is called Jeannette, and Anna is the hairdresser.

I would like to confirm the prices for both of these as someone previously has shown the wrong prices.

It is 70euros for the make up which also includes a trial. It is 70 euros for the hair which once again also includes a trial. And I promise you will not be disappointed with the results, you also stay within the hotel to have this done.

Please do not listen to the tour operators who say they are cheaper - First Choice / Thomson wanted to charge me 68euros for my hair which did not include a trial - they also make you travel five miles down the road.

We also booked our photographer independently and I am over the moon with the photos.... The name of the company was DC-Photography. The price is incredibly reasonable and once again the photos are amazing.

The hotel also organised for my dress and the suits to be steamed and cleaned. Apparently when I arrived First Choice informed that they only offer this service at the West Coast Resorts.

We did organise the flowers from First Choice and these were beautiful (we upgraded to roses).

If you are having your wedding here you will not be disappointed. However please do not book your wedding through a tour operator it is less stressful to do things yourself and you are guaranteed results.

We also went on an excursion (which we booked direct) for B.O.B Diving. This is an english run company and was great fun. If you book direct through their website you get 15% off and they come and collect you from your hotel and then drop you off afterwards.

I also wanted to recommend a restaurant called Atlas (just down the road from the hotel). This is an italian restaurant and the food and prices were very good.

I am unable to show the e-mail addresses for the photographer / hair and beauty / B.O.B Diving etc, however please feel free to e-mail me and I will send these to you.

I will be putting photos on to this review over the next couple of days however if in the meantime you want to see them please contact me.

• Liked — The Gardens / food and location
  • Disliked — People taking sun loungers the night before
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
6 Thank EMMADUKE
Bournemouth
Reviewed 16 June 2008

We were married at Nissi Beach Hotel on the 21st May 08. We were greeted with a drink on arrival at nearly midnight and taken to our room, we were so tired we went straight to sleep. When we woke up we had the most breathtaking view from our balcony ( room 413). Breakfast with is buffet style was lovely and sitting looking over the garden & beach every morning was heaven. There we met Andros (waiter) who greeted us with a smile every morning. We then met our wedding coordinator Zoe, she is a lovely person and was also our witness in our wedding. We then had an appointment with Marios ( Hotel wedding coordinator) who organised a lovely table for us to cut the cake, and have some lunch. There were only 5 of us so no reception needed!! We only ate at the hotel in the evening once but the food is top class, highly recommended. Generally all the food we ate out was superb. I had my nails, make up and hair done in the hotel with was fab and i would just like to say a big thank you to Julia and Anna (hairdressers). We had a lovely chat which helped to calm my pre wedding nerves!!! Our wedding was 100% perfect from start to finish and i have to say that most of it was down to how well the hotel organises them and of course the location. Heaven!!!!!

• Liked — Grounds & Wedding
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank May21bride
NORTHAMPTON
Reviewed 13 June 2008

Fantastic hotel. Great pool scene - the pictures in the brochures dont do it justice. Really expensive pool snack bar . Were quite surprised to be paying £1.50 for can of drink and £8 plus for a small snack but the food was lovely. Went half board- this was a bad mistake as only ate there 3 times in 14 nights as we found the local restaurants to be lovely and the buffet dinner, very repetitive (even though each evening had a different theme, it all tasted pretty much the same!) The standard rooms are in chalet style blocks and are not the highest of standards. Next time would definately pay more and stay in a sea view room in the main block . Met a few wedding couples that were horrified to discover their chalet style rooms! But you have weigh up how important the outside look of your room is as the sea view supps are very high!
All in all, had a great honeymoon and the hotel is in a fantastic location.

• Liked — The pool
  • Disliked — The overall look of the standard rooms/ main meals in buffet restaurant
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple