“Fantastic”

Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
leicester
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 August 2008

We went to Nissi Beach to get married and it was a fantastic experience from start to finish!!

We stayed Bed and Breakfast and there was a wide variety of food on offer even for fussy eaters!
We ate in the hotel a few times and the food was great but a little on the pricey side - but then again it was buffet so you could eat as much as you could.

We stayed in a beach suite which again was brilliant - very clean and great views. Other members of our party stayed in both the garden/sea view rooms which were slightly on the small side but more than adequate.

There were always sunbeds available on the beach and by the pool whatever time you went. The beach at the Nissi Hotel end was fairly quiet compared with the Adams beach end which was where all the water sports/beach bars were.

The staff at Nissi Beach could not do enough for us - many thanks to Chris/Marios and the other lady (Bernadette?) who sorted out our wedding arrangements. Also to the hairdresser and beautician who did a wonderful job!!

We travelled with First Choice who were very professional in sorting out the wedding arrangements - thanks Cat.

I would have no qualms in recommending the hotel - the only downside is that because of the introduction of the Euro Cyprus has become very expensive - the prices are the same as here now!

Please contact me if you have any questions about the hotel or weddings I am only too happy to help!!!

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank mrsc2bLeicester

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Birmingham
Reviewed 3 August 2008

Just returned from a two week holiday in Ayia Napa staying at the Nissi Beach Hotel. Overall the holiday was excellent and good value for money. I travelled with Thomson Holidays who proved to be good value for money I found out talking to other holiday makers at the hotel who booked direct. I saved nearly £500 by being flexible with my airport choice choosing Gatwick over my local Birmingham airport.

The hotel itself is very nice, we stayed in the Garden rooms outside the main building, I dont think the sea view rooms are worth the extra money as many of the rooms will be obscured by the trees. The rooms were large enough for 3 adults sharing and have good features such as tv (with BBC1), fridge, tea making etc. The bathroom and shower were excellent and we experienced no problems with water supply as reported.

We stayed at the hotel on B&B basis and I think this was the best plan, the breakfasts are excellent and there is an abundance of choice of restaraunts nearby and in Ayia Napa. We did eat at the hotels Taverna restaraunt once for lunch and this was dissapointing, the meal was one of the worst we had. The main restaraunt was also virtualy empty of an evening which I put down to a better choice in the town. However we had some good snack meals from the bar both at the pool and during the eveing entertainment.

The hotel has two temperamental internet terminals for those who need to stay in touch with back home costing 2 euros for 15mins. However, there is a free Wifi service for using your own laptop, a nice touch.

We wasnt able to extend our room checkout due to full occupancy but they allow use of the gym's showers which are of a good standard and a storage room for luggage is provided.

We walked once into the town from the hotel but the ladies in high heels gave me a hard time after! was taxis too and fro thereafter, expect to pay 7 or 8 euros each way.

The hotel beach was very nice, there is a charge of 2 euros for the beds although the parasol is free to residents. A 10 minute walk up the beach takes you to the noisy end which is great to finish off the day with bars, loud music, watersports and foam parties!

The pool dont look much in the brochure but it is plenty large enough, not cold and easy to get a sun lounger. There is also waiter service for food and drink.

Would definately return!

• Liked — Location, cleanliness, friendly staff, Pelicans
  • Disliked — Leaving!
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank fireblade954
ramster1812
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I found this website great whilst looking for a venue to get married abroad so hopefully this might help you!!
We stayed at the Nissi Beach Hotel for 2 weeks half board and loved every minute of it. The staff were very helpful and pleasant especially the waiters in the restaurant.
We were married whilst we were out there and it was a fantastic day. We had only been in the hotel for about 12 hours and the whole day had been organised.... no stress at all!!! I had my hair done in the hotel and it was just as i had wanted. The hairdresser was lovely and had loads of styles to choose from and managed to copy the style i had wanted from a magazine perfectly. The only down side is that it's a little expensive (80 euro for bride, 60 for bridesmaid).
We held our reception in the roundevel venue, a must if you can get it. The setting was gorgeous, the sun setting over the sea as we sat down to a bbq feast!! We then partied till late. All 35 guests had a great time.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to marry in Cyprus. Its very laid back and stress free. There are possibly about 3 weddings each week day so you may share your day with others but i didn't find that problem.
There is a kids club and a small park (needing done up) but with a beach filled with watersports and a pool the kids are never bored.
If I had one down side to the holiday it would be the change in currency. The euro has meant prices have risen quite a lot and you'll probably pay about the same or even more for nearly everything (drinks, food, trips, groceries). Don't let that put you off!!

• Liked — The staff, very nice!
  • Disliked — A little pricey
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank ramster1812
uk
Reviewed 9 July 2008

My husband and I recently got married here on the 5th June 2008. Well what a week and where do I start.

Firstly the arrival was very friendly and smooth and the sea view room, which we had, on the second floor had the most fantastic views. We had a bottle of champagne waiting for us on arrival which we thought was a nice touch.

We chose the half board option and the food was delicious with a good variety and something for everyone. The staff are both friendly and attentive.

We booked the wedding through argo and they were very well organised and looked after every last detail, thanks Trish. I was a little worried before arriving at cyprus as I had not been able to arrange anything before I got there but believe me there was nothing to worry about. Everything had already been sorted and every detail was thoroughly covered when I got there by both the excellent wedding coordinator and the argo rep. My wedding dress was even steamed at the hotel for a small fee as I had packed in a box and put it in hand luggage. There was no way I was letting it go through into the luggage hold. This gave me three days to relax before the big day.

The wedding day itself was the most fantastic day ever, this was also echoed by the 36 guests with the wedding party. I got picked up by the girls who did my hair and make-up with my mum and three bridesmaids, and taken to ayia napa to their salon. They did a fantastic job on all five of us in just two hours which left us plenty of time and we didn't have to get up too early either. The ceremony was short and sweet and the photographer took the most flattering pictures amongst the beautiful setting of the gardens and the sea. The weather was very hot with bright sunshine, however the sea breeze kept me fairly cool which was one my worries in my full length dress.

We had a sit 5 course meal in a private section of the ambrosia restaurant and it was the best wedding meal I have ever had. We had roast beef and yorkshire pudding and it was delicious succulent lean beef with homemade yorkshire puds. Even the weddding cake(baked by the hotel) was lovely, almost ice cream like on the outside.

We then retired to a section of the baccus bar where we enjoyed a finger buffet and some live music provided by the the hotel for all guests. Even though there are other weddings going on you really don't notice as everything is organised so well in a way that you never really see any other wedding parties around you and not only that but the staff make you feel very special and like yours is the only wedding that day. Some of the wedding party were staying at other hotels all of which had weddings going on and they felt that ours was by far the best setting.

The morning after the night before we had a lovely cooked breakfast with champagne brought to our room which we enjoyed on the balcony of our room overlooking the sea.
Altogether we had the most amazing, very well organised and relaxed day. We would definately recommend this venue for other couples who fancy going abroad to get married. The holiday itself was fantastic too and we would definately return to this hotel along with many others in our wedding party.

Mr and Mrs Barron

• Liked — the amazing setting
  • Disliked — beach over crowded
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
4 Thank rocky1981
england
Reviewed 23 June 2008

Well i did enjoy the hotel gardens they were amazing and the weddings were so nice to watch but i have to say that the euro has completely ruined cyprus as they think they can take the mickey and charge anything they want. The hotel drinks were very expensive and the entertainment was very poor so we had to go out every knight as the kids were bored ridgid. The room we booked was a beach suite bungalow which was ok but the sea view was obscured by very large trees, and one morning when i went to turn on the air con a cochroach fell out of it. The beach was very nice and the water was very warm, great for kids as it was shallow and full of small fish. I will not be going to cyprus again due to the prices and i was told one knight that if you told the shop staff you lived there they knocked off 30 % thats not fair to us holiday makers it should be equal. The park on the hotel was in bad condition and the kids club was never open. The pool was small but it was very well kept and the kids liked it. I can only say that if your getting married there make sure you have lots of money with you because the amount of people i spoke to had lots of hidden charges and some did not get a dj or music, we saw one couple and there family sat on chairs waiting for somewhere to be set up for them.

• Liked — the beach and gardens
  • Disliked — the prices and food option
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Norfolk, England
Reviewed 22 June 2008

This is my second holiday to this hotel. My boyfriend and I came last year and loved it so much we came back again! We went on 21st May for one week and the weather was really good! It reached about 28 degrees, not too hot! It's just right for lounging on the beach, and bearable to walk and explore in. I think it would get too hot in August!
There are some great places to eat and a good variety of food around the Nissi bay area. We liked Valentinos restaurant and if you have some wine, go for 'Thisbe' - a speciality of Cyprus!

The hotel is gorgeous, the grounds are just beautiful, and there are lots of little pathways to wander on or down to the beach. The beach is amazing, with white sand and turquoise water which you can wander deep into. There are a range of water sports. We tried the parachute ride attached to a speed boat over the water, pedalos and my boyfriend even tried the bungee jump!!

Ayia Napa is ok. There are some good places to eat, 'Castelli' being our favourite, it is a lovely atmosphere. We didn't like the nightlife as it was too 'busy'. You feel pressured to visit the bars and restaurants and it really puts you off!
Don't go there if you are looking for a quiet, romantic evening!

The waterpark is a must for any age, it is a brilliant day out, make sure you take a waterproof camera and you can get some great shots on the rides!

We only went for one week and we feel you need a bit longer if you want to try everything.
We definately recommend this hotel and Adams Beach next door looked amazing too. We snuck in one night to have a look around, and it seemed very swish!
We will definately be going again in the near future!

• Liked — The area; being close to the beach and restaurants, but not right in the centre of Ayia Napa!
  • Disliked — It can get busy on the beach or around the pool, and you have to pay for your sunbeds and parasol on the beach!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank emi-lu-x
London
Reviewed 20 June 2008

We stayed at the Nissi Beach Hotel whilst attending a wedding being held in the hotel during the (UK) May half term.

As it was half term we assumed that the hotel would be really busy, this was not the case at all. As the hotel is so big and so well designed you hardly see other hotel residents apart from on the beach or around the pool. The hotel is very geared up for kids, and has it's own kids club.

Beautiful grounds, large swimming pool, lovely beach and the rooms are a good size. Location wise it is outside Ayia Napa, but there are restuarants just across the road from the hotel which are excellent value.

We ate in Ayia Napa a couple of times, once was to Blueberries, which is a fantastic restuarant, a bit out of the way, but super value - I would recommend writing down the address before you go, as the hotel tried recommending other restuarants rather than Blueberries.

The wedding was held just over looking the beach, a fantastic view, the hotel organisation was great. The reception was held in the evening in the Rondavel bar just above the beach, again, another beautiful venue, and a must for any newly wed couple to have their wedding breakfast.

There are a couple of downsides:
1 - breakfast is often a bit hit or miss, but generally it's ok.
2 - Due to there being a water shortage in Cyprus the water pressure in the showers in the main hotel is really bad, so there is no such thing as a quick shower, (water basically drips out of 3 holes in the shower head, even when water is on full flow).

I can not recommend this hotel enough.

• Liked — The grounds and the beach
  • Disliked — Water pressure, and not being able to put toilet paper down the toilet (although not the hotels fault)
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business