“Large and popular hotel on nice beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Nissi Beach Resort

Nissi Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Kendal, United Kingdom
“Large and popular hotel on nice beach”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

This is a typical 4 star chain hotel catering for large parties and weddings. All the expected services are provided but its size and popularity prevents a more personal service. Once in the hotel you could be in any 4 star hotel in the world. Rooms large, clean with mini bar. Views from top floors will have good views onto Nissi Beach. We were disappointed to be given a room on the first floor and struggled to see the sea! We asked for another room and was provided with one on the 2nd floor. Much better but not as good as the higher floors. I was also disappointed that we had to pay extra for little things normally expected in such a hotel, e.g. room safe, sun beds on the hotel beach. Why not just include these things in the price?
Nissi Beach is beautiful with plently of watersports on offer. It was very busy in May so I would expect it to be heaving in the high season.
Overall a typical good standard 4 star hotel catering for the masses. If I came back I would look for somwhere smaller, with a more personal service. The extra cost to stay here compared to other hotels wasn't worth it in my view.

1 Thank PaulCathyTheLakes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
shropshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2009

just returned after our 3rd visit to nissi beach hotel, we did wonder if we should go somewhere else,just for a change. But once we arrived we knew had again chosen the right hotel. We needed a relaxing break, and this we achieved. We had had a garden room the previous two visits, but this time had a sea view in the hotel. Would definetly have hotel room again, room 205 had sea view and view of the gardens was wondereful. Everyone so friendly, gorgeous location, the hotel is kept very clean, The staff are always there cleaning, and very friendly especially at 6.30 am when going for morning swim. Cant praise this hotel enough, if you want a truly relaxing beach holiday then go. We are thinking of returning in september.

2 Thank plemont
north wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

Just come home from our amazing wedding. I read hundreds of reviews on this site for a year leading up to our wedding and was confidentthat it would be a day to remember as everyone was raving about the place, but never did i think that it would have turned out like it did. They are so organised, so professional and treated uo like royalty, even if they do see 3 weddings a day.
We had 40 guests, got married at 2.00pm and hired a private catamaran in the afternoon to take us out for 2 and a half hours (well worth doing if you have that little bit extra in your budget) then we hired the pelican venue for our private disco/karaoke and med buffet which was absolutely amazing, all the guests commented how delicious the food was.
Then we had champagne brekfast in bed the day after, and a complimentary meal and more champagne on an evening of our choice which was fantastic too.

If you are getting married there and you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me on debbietot80@yahoo.co.uk because i know what i was like before going with all sorts of questions running through my head. But you dont need to worry about a thing.

Also, i had Lorna as my wedding co - ordinator (first choice) and she was just brill.

Debbie Jones

• Stayed May 2009
4 Thank debbietot80
hull
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2009

we loved this hotel, gr8 for couples and to escape the kiddy zone and noise of them.. we would definatly go back romantic. lots of weddings . x

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
warrington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

stayed here for 7 nights starting on the 13th may think this was a good time as the hotel wasn't fully booked and wasnt to busy as it was getting to the to the end of our week.with the hotel now fully booked till end of september,think it could be a bit of a struggle at meal times as the buffet area in the restaraunt is small,there is a good selection of food if sometimes only warm.staff in restaraunt pleassant but sometimes a bit chaotic. our room was a beach bungalow it was nothing special just a bigger version of a room in the hotel ?. the small porter {there are about 3 of them} is not very happy in is work miserable as sin,took us to a very hot room and notice him pick up the remote for the air con thought he was about to put it on after he had left notice that he had not put air con on so picked up the remote only to find no batteries in it he new this and didnt want to know.had 3 problems during our stay and all were dealt with straightaway.if your having your wedding here as someone just watching will tell you as i see it from an outside view and this is only my view as i seen it, all the weddings i seen were very well organized specially liked the scots wedding with piper me and the wife filled up a couple of times very nice touch,the wedding vows take about 5 mins then after a few family photos the guests are packed off to the bar where they pay top dollar for there drinks while the bride and groom are taken everywhere for there photos for what must be about an hour,but iam sure its all worth it.stayed on the beach everday lovelly beach.

2 Thank richardWarrington
Aldershot, Hants
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2009

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Nissi Beach Hotel. We stayed in one of the garden rooms, which although did not have a great view, were more than comfortable. We had a queen sized firm, comfortable bed, there was a bowl of fruit and chocolates on arrival. The rooms were spacious and clean and toiletries were available and replaced every other day.
Coffee making facilities in room (which saved us money elsewhere as the prices were very high) and a mini bar (which as usual charged at an extortionate rate).
The restaurant allowed you to sit inside or out, but we always ate outside as the flowers and gardens are beautiful. The breakfasts have an excellent selection (and we ate much too much - fresh pastries, fruits, meats, cheeses etc).
The only evening meal we ate there we found to be a bit like school dinners - the lighting was harsh and the tables very close together so there was no privacy and the meal cost £21 each without drinks- not cheap for what it was!
The gym is very good with a couple of running machines, weights and various muscle toning equipment. We were in there every day to avoid the mid day sun!
There is also a decent inside pool, but with the sunshine and the excellent outside pool, I am not sure who would use this!
There are lots of sunloungers around the pool and various bars, although the drinks and ice creams were expensive- £5 for 2 ice creams!
The gardens surrounding the hotel are beautiful and this makes it ideal for weddings as the photos would be beautiful.
The beach is also very clean, with decent sand and clear blue water. There are sunbeds available at £2.50 a bed and £2.50 a parasol for the day.
All in all a brilliant hotel and would happily go back if it were situated in a different location; Ayia Napa is a dump! It is full of run down bars, clubs and restaurants which seem to charge inflated prices as they think the tourists will pay! The food and drink is SO expensive and not that good. There are hundreds of tacky tourist shops charging a lot of money for things you would not consider looking at never mind buying at home.
To summarize, go to the hotel, enjoy it's facilities, but be prepared to spend a fortune on eating and drinking as the cypriots seem to think the best way to encourage people to go there is to charge lots of money for very little!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank heffalumploveshols
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

This hotel is geared towards Weddings not holiday makers. It is in a beautiful location on the beach, the pool is nice and the hotel and rooms are clean.
My problem was not with the hotel it’s more with the way the hotel is run on arrival I was told I would be shown to my room after 25 mins I went back to reception to find out what was going on and they had forgotten about me. I was then given a lovely Orange Juice and Face Towel while I sat waiting for another 10 mins.
I had a Garden View Room that over looked the car park not a problem as it wasn’t noisy. I started to unpack and the guy for the Mini Bar let his self in which was a bit of a shock but he wasn’t to know I was there, he checked the fridge and then said that I had, 2 drinks out of it I tried to explain I had only just arrived! He then went away and again knowing I was in the room let his self in the first time fair enough but twice I stared to get freaked out being a female on her own my partner was not arriving until late that night. Word of advice check the Mini Bar is fully stocked as per the sheet in the room as ours wasn’t and they tried to charge us for it.
We stayed Bed and Breakfast and the food was lovely we also had an evening BBQ meal in the restaurant and that was very tasty the staff were very slow take our drinks order I had to ask in the end and they didn’t seem to like that, the drinks didn’t arrive until after we had finished out meal. Another thing I found was that if you were stood at the bar trying to order drinks it was very slow and if anyone dressed in a wedding outfit came along the staff would ignore you and serve them first even if you had been waiting longer.
I also tried to get a late check out which I was willing to pay for and this was not available either. Great Wedding Hotel like I said but not as a Holiday Maker I felt second class!