“Fantastic holiday, so relaxing, Fishermans village a must!”

Olympic Lagoon Resort
Ranked #3 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Perth, United Kingdom
“Fantastic holiday, so relaxing, Fishermans village a must!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

After reading other reviews on here we dashed off our coach to reception to book in, I'm glad we did otherwise the wait would have been horrific, so leave your other half to collect your cases off the bus and make a dash for it! We were luckily upgraded to Fishermans village, our travel agent at Thomas Cook was really good and had emailed the hotel to say that we were good customers and could they treat us well, and that they did. Our room was amazing and we had champagne and sweets waiting for us. we didnt use any of the other pools in the resort as the pool there was so quiet and relaxing, of course we did use the lazy river! We didnt actually really move from our sun loungers for the whole week unless it was for food! The restaurants were really good, the buffet had different themes each night, the Japanese restaurant is a must too! I would say however that it would be great if the burger bar was open at lunchtime too as this is what we really wanted then and not at dinner time. The entertainment was also superb with live music and shows in the evenings. I'm not sure I would have loved the hotel as much however if we hadnt had the upgrade, there were a lot of weddings going on, and not too sound too much of a snob but I dont think some wedding guests had been to a 4* hotel before and had saved to get there so were a bit loud and off putting especially once theyd had a few drinks! As I say we didnt venture far from the pool but one day we wandered down to Nissi Beach and watched the sunset and got some great photos so I'd also def recommend that and its not far from the hotel. Overall very clean hotel, very relaxing and great service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (751)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Essex, England
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel food was excellent always found something to eat there are different restaurants around hotel as well as Buffett x The staff were very friendly and helpful nothing is to much trouble x The wedding was amazing well done to all the staff for making it a fantastic day to remember having the wedding in the Garden was wonderful and private there were 60 people attending the wedding and they all said they had a wonderful time I would defiantly come back to this hotel and stay in the fishermans village part of the hotel u get waited on around your own private pool x we stayed in a bungalow which also was lovely and had everything that you needed x Thank You

Room Tip: Fishermans village and the bungalows x
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2013

After reading all the hype, i thought, why not splash out for a quality holiday in a nearby hotel where my mum was getting married (at the Nissi beach hotel). First impressions when the bus dropped me off was amazing, The women at reception was quick to say i would only be in that room for one night. Room 301. As soon as the porter opened the room with a normal key i was pleasantly surprised, towels in the shape of swans, sweets, slippers and seemed very clean but when the door shut and put my bags on the side that's when i realised the noise. first from the generators outside my window then the motorway noise with just a view of the motorway and generators! i sat on my bed and it was rock hard. I just wanted to cry at this point as after saving up £2500, for a two week stay all year. The next morning i took no time in getting out of that room! (I did mention about room 301 to staff but it was shrugged off) I was transferred to room 007 and that's when my holiday started.Clean and comfortable room with a balcony which was quiet, excellent selection of food, superb service who always smiled when taking and delivering your drinks and food, immaculate rooms with really polite and helpful cleaning staff (thank you all who tidied up my room and supplied me with fresh towels, my cleaning angels,haha) special thanks to all the bar staff (Steve and the other one, think his name is Valentino) And the waitress service by the young lady which names begin with a Z? She always smiled and when she did she could brighten up even the most demanding of patrons. I would come here again but maybe if the prices were lower. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite at all times and managed to get me back in the holiday spirit. Everything was perfect apart from the first night so don't let that put you off! Oh, try the Japanese restaurant and the Cypriot meze absolutely stunning food!!

Room Tip: Don't go to room 301!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank RobL79
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had an amazing time at this hotel. The venue is brilliant the food is amazing and the staff are truley wonderful. There was over 40 people in our wedding party and they all enjoyed it and some of the party are booking for next year. I would defo go back to this hotel as it had everything. I had my wedding here in the private gardens and the settings are truley magical loved every minute.

5 Thank Kerrymclawson
Fareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2013

we recently stayed at your hotel in Cyprus the Olympic Lagoon and found the entire experience extremely unsatisfactory and also upsetting.
We were travelling as a family of 4, myself my wife and my 2 daughters and also with my wife's sister and her husband as it was his birthday and we booked the holiday with the same dates so that we could be together. We checked into the hotel where we found the reception staff very unapproachable, unhelpful and rude. we all went to reception together and whilst we were given a room in the hotel my wife's sister and husband were upgraded to the sister hotel on the beach which meant we were separated. we complained at the time about being separated and why couldn't we all go together but were told by the reception staff that its because they were a couple and the hotel was full so there was no more room. which we found rude and discourtesies
We went as a family and now it felt like we were on our own.
we then went to the room and walked in to find probably the worst room that we have stayed in 10 yrs of holidays and the room was not a 5 star premier which is what it advertised as. it was dirty, tatty, marks all over the walls, mould in the bathroom tiles and generally extremely shabby probably 3 star at best. where we appreciate that the hotel rating is not on the room alone for a 5 star premier it is bordering on misinterpretation.
I asked for a kettle but was told by reception that as I didn't have small children I had to pay 30 euros per week, again for a 5 star premier I had to pay 30 euros!
we complained to the rep the following day at the welcome morning, wher we said that we were extremely unhappy and my wife just wanted to go home and not sleep in the dirty hotel room, the rep tried to sort it out best she could as it was her last day as she was moving to paphos I believe, ( i cant remember the ladys name) but she tried really hard to resolve the situation and we have no gripes with her.
we met the head hotel receptionist who we explained our complaints to and my wife also repeated that all she wanted to do was go home and not sleep in the dirty hotel room.
we were offered different rooms but these were over the bar area and the rooms were exactly the same, very tatty and dirty.
the hotel did offer us an upgrade to the hotel with my wife's sister was but it was 1 room on sat and 1 room on sun which would have caused more disruption and hassle so we decided against it.
the hotel did offer us a free kettle each after this but that was about it.
extremely poor hotel and differently not a 5 star premier.

4 Thank 389johnh
olympicpr, Guest Relations Manager at Olympic Lagoon Resort, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are disappointed to read of your experience. This is certainly not the level of service we are known for and can fully understand your disappointment.

Please accept our apologies for not meeting your expectations on this occasion and allow you to relax and enjoy your stay. We appreciate your detailed comments which we have passed on to the appropriate departments and have applied measures from refraining them to reoccur.

Your invaluable feedback is important to ensure that we continually deliver the ultimate Olympic Lagoon experience for which we are renowned and exceeding guests expectations.

We do hope that this incident will not deter you from visiting us in the future and you will allow us the opportunity to restore your confidence in the hospitality of Olympic Lagoon Resort.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our holiday at Olympic Lagoon Resort in October was by far one of the best holidays we've had yet.

The place is so extremely clean, the staff are so welcoming, helpful and polite; the food variety was absolutely delicious! As for the entertainment was of course one of the best we have encountered! So well done Olympic Lagoon and Thank you for a memorable stay! Expecting to come and visit the resort again over Easter time! We had such a great time, thank you once again Olympic Lagoon Management and Team …. Thank you Cyprus for your warm hospitality!

Visited October 23’2013

2 Thank kmalito24
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We had the most amazing time and would love to go back. The food was excellent, the best all inclusive we've ever been to, so much choice.
Entertainment was fab and all the staff were lovely, especially the guys at the pool bar. My 4 year old loved the kids club, I couldn't keep her out of there and my little boy thought the teens club was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen!
Our room was perfect for the four of us and also very clean.
Great holiday!