“Fantastic wedding and holiday!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olympic Lagoon Resort

Olympic Lagoon Resort
Ranked #3 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Fantastic wedding and holiday!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in June for 2 weeks to have our wedding along with 15 friends and family. From start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed it and the staff did everything they could to make sure it all went to plan! As in previous posts yes there are quite a few wedding parties but as the hotel grounds are so big you don't really notice. Would recommend this hotel to anyone!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank LukeandAmanda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (706)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

Had the best holiday we've ever had will definitely be going back food accommodation fabulous our daughters wedding was amazing and it was all due to the fantastic staff st this amazing hotel nothing was to much trouble they went out of there way for not only the wedding but the whole holiday

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Julie D
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We stayed at the Olympic hotel in September and found it perfect. Myself my husband and two daughters 4 & 2 along with 30 other members of my family had a great time, the room and pools were perfect and exactly as it looks in the photos. Food great and hotel staff amazing! Quite expensive but we'll worth the money. I am looking forward to going back again at some point - thank you Olympic lagoon for a great holiday

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Charlyne V
Perth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

After reading other reviews on here we dashed off our coach to reception to book in, I'm glad we did otherwise the wait would have been horrific, so leave your other half to collect your cases off the bus and make a dash for it! We were luckily upgraded to Fishermans village, our travel agent at Thomas Cook was really good and had emailed the hotel to say that we were good customers and could they treat us well, and that they did. Our room was amazing and we had champagne and sweets waiting for us. we didnt use any of the other pools in the resort as the pool there was so quiet and relaxing, of course we did use the lazy river! We didnt actually really move from our sun loungers for the whole week unless it was for food! The restaurants were really good, the buffet had different themes each night, the Japanese restaurant is a must too! I would say however that it would be great if the burger bar was open at lunchtime too as this is what we really wanted then and not at dinner time. The entertainment was also superb with live music and shows in the evenings. I'm not sure I would have loved the hotel as much however if we hadnt had the upgrade, there were a lot of weddings going on, and not too sound too much of a snob but I dont think some wedding guests had been to a 4* hotel before and had saved to get there so were a bit loud and off putting especially once theyd had a few drinks! As I say we didnt venture far from the pool but one day we wandered down to Nissi Beach and watched the sunset and got some great photos so I'd also def recommend that and its not far from the hotel. Overall very clean hotel, very relaxing and great service.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Essex, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is a beautiful hotel food was excellent always found something to eat there are different restaurants around hotel as well as Buffett x The staff were very friendly and helpful nothing is to much trouble x The wedding was amazing well done to all the staff for making it a fantastic day to remember having the wedding in the Garden was wonderful and private there were 60 people attending the wedding and they all said they had a wonderful time I would defiantly come back to this hotel and stay in the fishermans village part of the hotel u get waited on around your own private pool x we stayed in a bungalow which also was lovely and had everything that you needed x Thank You

Room Tip: Fishermans village and the bungalows x
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

After reading all the hype, i thought, why not splash out for a quality holiday in a nearby hotel where my mum was getting married (at the Nissi beach hotel). First impressions when the bus dropped me off was amazing, The women at reception was quick to say i would only be in that room for one night. Room 301. As soon as the porter opened the room with a normal key i was pleasantly surprised, towels in the shape of swans, sweets, slippers and seemed very clean but when the door shut and put my bags on the side that's when i realised the noise. first from the generators outside my window then the motorway noise with just a view of the motorway and generators! i sat on my bed and it was rock hard. I just wanted to cry at this point as after saving up £2500, for a two week stay all year. The next morning i took no time in getting out of that room! (I did mention about room 301 to staff but it was shrugged off) I was transferred to room 007 and that's when my holiday started.Clean and comfortable room with a balcony which was quiet, excellent selection of food, superb service who always smiled when taking and delivering your drinks and food, immaculate rooms with really polite and helpful cleaning staff (thank you all who tidied up my room and supplied me with fresh towels, my cleaning angels,haha) special thanks to all the bar staff (Steve and the other one, think his name is Valentino) And the waitress service by the young lady which names begin with a Z? She always smiled and when she did she could brighten up even the most demanding of patrons. I would come here again but maybe if the prices were lower. All the staff were extremely helpful and polite at all times and managed to get me back in the holiday spirit. Everything was perfect apart from the first night so don't let that put you off! Oh, try the Japanese restaurant and the Cypriot meze absolutely stunning food!!

Room Tip: Don't go to room 301!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank RobL79
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

We had an amazing time at this hotel. The venue is brilliant the food is amazing and the staff are truley wonderful. There was over 40 people in our wedding party and they all enjoyed it and some of the party are booking for next year. I would defo go back to this hotel as it had everything. I had my wedding here in the private gardens and the settings are truley magical loved every minute.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family