“Best Hotel Ever!”

Ranked #11 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Durham, United Kingdom
“Best Hotel Ever!”
Reviewed 15 January 2009

My boyfriend and i booked up to go to this Hotel quite a while ago but i thought i'd write a review as it was really very good!

When we arrived we were really impressed with the hotel and staff who were very helpful and friendly. Check in was really fast and we got a room straight away even though it was early morning.

Our room was really modern and clean and we had a gorgeous view of the beach, pool and sea! The room was spotless and had everything you needed for a perfect stay.

After unpacking we went to check out the pool area and beach area. It was great because the beach was literally just outside of our hotel and it had it's own private beach anyway so it was fantastic and close. The pool was very clean and a good side and had a little jacuzzi at the top.

We were bed and breakfast though we only had this a few times as we didnt make it up many of the mornings but what we did have was very nice. It was more of a continental breakfast rather than a full english but with the shops and restaurants about 2 mins down the road it was fine. If i went back i'd probably go self catering as the restaraunts surrounding the hotel are really nice and theres such a variety and they are quite cheap so it's nice to have the choice.

The hotel is near the centre of Aiya Napa - only about 10 mins walk into the centre with all the bars and clubs which was great. My boyfriend and i thought that we were quite a while away from the centre and hopped in a taxi and asked him to take us there- he simply pulled round the corner and said here we are and laughed! The people are really nice and the hotel is in such a good location that it is one of the best.

I definatley recommend this Hotel to others as i have had such a good experience!

• Stayed July 2007
2 Thank TheEll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
wales
Reviewed 30 November 2008

Hi my husband and i recently got married at the grecian sands hotel and what can i say this hotel is wonderful, the staff are friendly the food is good especially the breakfasts my children loved the choices.The rooms were clean and on arrival we had wine fruit and flowers in there too. The hotel wedding co ordinator susanne is fab what a lovely person she gave a very personal and professional service and our wedding day was to perfection from every last detail, the whole day went like clockwork. I must also mention the girls in the beauty salon and the amazingly talented Angeline who did my hair. This was the 2nd time we have been 2 cyprus and we are definately coming back. We would recommend grecian sands to anyone wanting to get married here. It was the best day of our lives.

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank cardiffcoupleWales
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 19 November 2008

I stayed in the Grecian Sands Hotel for 1 night with 2 colleagues that I had also booked for on the 29th of September.

I had originally booked the Grecian Bay Hotel but was informed by the hotel a couple of days before my visit that my booking had been changed to the Grecian Sands Hotel. As I live in Nicosia this was of little consequence to me and it was only for one night.

The Grecian Sands hotel is O.K but could do with a bit of a face-lift - this goes for the reception, bar area, lift, rooms and bathrooms.

We spent little time at the hotel as we had business matters to deal with in Ayia Napa. However the view from the balcony did look very nice - perhaps if I had more time to spend on the beach I might have liked the hotel better.

The rooms are O.K size wise and have a flat screen TV. They also have the old style dial phones that you spin round with your finger - I could not decide whether this was retro-styling or if they had just failed to update them!!

The bathroom was O.K but the shower is over the bath and has a shower curtain which I personally hate. For the price they charged I would expect a separate shower cubicle and bath.

Breakfast was O.K but not much choice.

One thing that I was really happy with was the free wireless connection in the lobby if this could be extended to the rooms it would be good.

I felt the service at the hotel was not great especially when they tried to charge me the rate for the Grecian Bay Hotel - 138 Euros per night for a standard room. Upon complaining this was changed to 129 Euros - the rate for the Grecian Sands Hotel, however there was never any apology for trying to charge the extra or for the fact that the original booking had been changed.

I could not help but feel that at this price I was still paying well over the odds.

I would have been happy with this hotel had it cost in the region of 70 -80 Euros at well over a hundred it does not offer good value for money.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Shower curtain and cost
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
South UK
Reviewed 4 November 2008

(Please read to the end because it does get better for the ‘Grecian Group’)
My family and I have just come back from our holiday in Cyprus (Oct 08). I had booked the Grecian Sands (advertised as a top ranking 4 star hotel) directly over a year ago, primarily by viewing their website and travel brochures. I was impressed with both, hence making the booking, however, the reality was totally different. There were six in our family party including our two children and I had requested an inter-connecting door. When we arrived, we checked in and went to the room & guess what…no inter-connecting door even though they had them, but they admitted that they had let them to other guests and were sorry for the inconvenience. The room was not clean. The bed covers didn’t fit, leaving the mattress exposed. Underneath the bed was dirty. In the bathroom the shower taps were not fitted properly, leaving pipes exposed. On the floor of the bathroom there were glass rings where someone had clearly sat on the loo with their pint in front of them on the floor…
There were similar problems in the other two rooms.
We went to look around the hotel and were not impressed with what we saw. The swimming pool did not look clean especially the bottom / tiles. There was a broken vent with jagged edges and the sunbed cushions were old, dirty and I counted half a dozen that were ripped. Not the best for a ‘top ranking 4 star hotel…
We went to the outside bar to have a drink at 6 o’clock and were told to go somewhere else for a drink because they needed the tables for a function.
My wife and family did not wish to stay any longer so we spoke with reception, explaining our disappointment and was told to come back in the morning when the manager would be there. This we did at 8am and explained our predicament. We were told to go and have breakfast and come back later.
Breakfast…ok for a lower star hotel but certainly not for a ‘top ranking 4 star hotel’.
The manageress was very polite and explained that she was sorry that we were unhappy and disappointed and would offer us alternative accommodation in another hotel nearby which was part of the Grecian group. We accepted this and we were sent to the Grecian Bay Hotel, which was a 5 star.
This hotel was totally different and for the next 8 days, we had a very pleasurable holiday and a very relaxing time in very nice surroundings. The contrast between the Grecian sands & the Grecian Bay, even though one is a so called 4 star & the other is a 5 star, was absolutely poles apart. The staff there were fantastic and to be fair, the experience of staying in the Grecian Bay was what I was expecting in the Grecian Sands. I have travelled and stayed in some excellent 4 star hotels, so I do not wish to come across as being hard to please…but the Grecian Sands was not, in my opinion, anything close to a 4 star hotel or indeed one that I would wish to stay in again.
The Grecian Bay is a different matter and I would stay there again tomorrow. Also, the Grecian management were excellent in customer relationship…5 star!

2 Thank Jazzgaz
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 October 2008

We stayed and got married at the Grecian Sands in September.

I can honestly say that the hotel was lovely and we had the most amazing time here. Our wedding was fantastic and the hotel staff accomodated everything we wanted.

We stayed for 1 week along with lots of family and freinds who all thought the hotel was lovely.

When we arrived we had complementry fruit, flowers and wine in our room (because we were getting married).
Our room was fabulous, with a HUGE bed and a massive balcony that was right near the sea. The beach is literally 2 seconds down from the hotel.
The hotel really cannot do enough for wedding couples here, they have their own on site wedding co-ordinator who is lovely, they give you loads of free champagne, there are also lovely touches such as breakfast in bed the day after your big day and a complementry meal in the hotels resteraunt (where the food is fab!)

If you are planning a wedding I would definately recommend the Grecian Sands and Cyprus to do this, I am so happy we did!
Our pictures were amazing and it was all so great I wish I could get married again!

The hotel is situated a bit outside of the town of Ayia Napa but a 10 minute walk up the beach and you are at the harbour (this is particularly nice at night)

When you do venture into the town at night be warned the reps do try very hard to get you into their bars and clubs, but this is what they get paid for.

All in all I really liked the lively atmosphere of Ayia Napa and would definately like to go back again someday.

• Liked — The treatment from the staff.
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank blossomsuz
West Midlands
Reviewed 26 October 2008

Well as Dean has left a review we had better!!Hi guys!
As soon as we arrived at this hotel the staff were polite and professional.We also got married the second week we were out there and again the wedding co ordinator Suzanne from start to finish was faultless.She made everyones day special and personal to them.
The hotel is perfectly stuated at the end of the bay over looking the beach and Ayia napa Harbour in the distance,the views are breath taking and i would advise you book a sea view room beacase waking up to the that view made every day special.
The breakfasts were great with a massive range of hot and cold food,we couldnt fault it.
The pool was clean and perfect for young children right up to elderly people,The great thing was you have beach towels given to you clean every day so thats space in you suitcase you can take more clothes!!!
We had pre booked a Presidential Suite which was well worth it as when we arrived to our room it was just 'Heaven',2 showers,2 sinks,a kingsize bed,even the blinds were remote control.It really was great and constantly keep clean daily.
I have to say the weddings certainly dont take over this hotel and if your looking for just a holiday it is really beautiful and peaceful.
We had 28 guests for our wedding all staying in other hotels but the staff here couldnt have made them feel any more welcome on our weding day.We had the BBQ for our guests on the wedding Pavilion,the food was top class and to watch the sun go down over the bay was something else.Somthing you would never get in England!!!
I would recommend this to anyone getting married as we went to quite a few other wedding hotels and their grounds and the location was no where close to the standard of this hotel.
Over all 110% we would give this hotel and its certainly as beautiful as it looks in the pictures.
Anyway think that says it all,
Liz & Richard Howes

• Liked — The beautiful views
  • Disliked — The corridor lighting!!!! Haha
england
Reviewed 25 October 2008

Myself and my new wife recently got married

Very organsised very proffesional made it a day we would never forget. The hotel does need a little inporving in place yet these are only cosmetic.

We could not fault the holiday and in particular the "mad wedding planner " Susanne. This one person made the whole thing run like clockwork one meeting all sorted. With over 3ooo weddings to he credit it was going to run like clockwork

Thanks susanne love deano and gemma

ps a tip to anyone getting married take a 12pm wedding and book the yaght to watch sunset and by the way to get there you have got to hire the vintage bus !!!

• Liked — the whole wedding experiance
  • Disliked — corriddor lighting !!!