During our recent family visit to Cyprus we have decided to stay few days at a beach hotel so as to enjoy a bit of sun and the sea After reading few reviews we have decided to book for 4 days at Asterias Beach Hotel at Makronisos. I am pleased to say that we made the right choice
Although we arrived at the hotel at around lunch time and few hours before the official check in time the lady at the reception was not only friendly and efficient but also informed us that our room was going to be ready within 45mins. At that point we had a quick walk around the hotel so as to see where everything was. The first impression was very good as the hotel looked very clean and at good decorative order . The swimming pool looked fantastic and it was only less than a min walk from the beach. We then went back to the reception and got our key. Our room was on the groud floor and it had a double bed plus a bunk bend for the kids which was great for a family . It looked like the rooms were recently decorated and looked fresh. Also towels were provided for the swimming pool and the beach.
We did spend the next 4 days enjoying the hotel and here are my comments
1. Swimming pool is great and always clean. Also there are a lot of sun beds and ombrellas so no need to actually fight for them unless you come very late
2. Breakfast was very good and in par with the best I had with a variatey of selection. I have visited a lot of hotels around the globe in the last number of years with a number of them been considered the best in the world but the BF I have in hotels in Cyprus while it might not have the top presentation is one of the best overall and this was repeated at Asterias Beach hotel
3. Food at the restaurants was very good quality. We were HB so we tried both the Al Carte menu during the day plus the buffet during the night and we were very pleased with both the quality and the options available. There was always something for everybody and the staff ensured even late in the evening that the dish you wanted was still available and hot.
4. The girls at the animation team try their best and work hard to entertain the guests. Well done to them for trying so hard on this difficult task
5. I found the hotel bar good and there was a decent selection of coctails and drinks available which I enjoyed
The bigget asset of the hotel is the staff friendlyness. All staff were very friendly and were always trying to help and accomodate our needs which I think is one of the most important factors for having a good holiday. The hotel in my opinion is a proper 4* one and it does what it says on the tin. It provides good services overall and I would love to come back again and would recomend it to anybody who is looking for a very good 4* hotel at a great location
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This resort hotel is situated directly on the sweeping Makronissos bay: a "Blue flag" beach, famous for its fine, white sands and crystal clear water. Set in a sparsely developed region and bordering on the St. Nikandros forest nature reserve, tranquility and natural beauty prevail. Alternatively there is a wide choice of free organised activities available and within a short stroll from the hotel, are various bars, restaurants, shops, sight seeing attractions and leisure options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., Bookcyprus.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Asterias Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asterias Beach Ayia Napa