“Ideal for a cheap lads holiday”

Apartments Androthea
Ranked #100 of 106 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Ideal for a cheap lads holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

Five of us lads stayed here at the start of July in 2 rooms. We found the rooms clean, and they were cleaned twice during the week with new bed sheets and new towels. There was a TV and fridge-freezer in our rooms and some kitchen cooking equipment, although it was pretty limited.
There is a small supermarket right next door to the hotel and a slightly larger and better one 2 minutes walk down the road. The nightlife is also very close, about 5 minutes walk to the square which is ideal for a lads holiday. There's also a McDonalds just around the corner which is 24hrs and a Pizza Hut down the road.
The pool was also pretty good, with plenty of sunloungers and parasols. Also, the hotel owner refuses to let ticket sellers/reps in which is good because they don't hassle you by knocking on your door.
The bad points were that the owner was very strict, he had a go at us for playing our music too loud, which it wasn't. Also, you have to pay for the aircon, 50 euros for the week I think and the room keys were sometimes left behind an unmanned reception desk.
Overall though, very good value for money, good location, clean enough and great for nightlife.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cameron S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I stayed here for ten days with ten boys for the napa night life. Rooms; mediocre, rarely cleaned and air con is only available in one room do we had to get four beds into one room. Very poor shower, only had hot water for 3 days out of ten.

Location; very good, five minutes walk from the entrance of the main square and ten minutes to the beach; very well located.

Service; very relaxed guy, often very slow with service and rude. Sometimes was strict saying we were likely to get removed from the Hotel from us making little noise. Pool bar had nice food but a little pricey, wasn't even made there and walked from another restaurant, very nice staff.

Overall this is a fairly mediocre place, if your looking for a cheap lads holiday then this is ideal, if you'd spend a little more money then worth going elsewhere.

Stayed from the 7th to the 17th in July.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Holidaybant
Gloucester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We have just come back from this hotel and wow what a location for if u are a couple or party people. It is basic but it's what u pay for. Our shower was better than the one I have at home and access to the strip is just outside the door. There is a supermarket next door which stays open till 11pm and caters for all u need. Staff friendly, pool nice and clean and plenty of beds. Nice restaurants nearby and everything is on the door step. It's a bit noisy but when ur over there everyone is up for a good time and very friendly. So I recommend this hotel if ur looking for fun and a good time - I wouldn't take my kids to this resort but was perfect for adults having fun !!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Wrexham, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

We had 4 rooms for 11 adults this month May 2012. I have some complaints, and some positives.
My particular room 207 was on the top floor, and we had a slight leak throughout the stay, caused by the rain. The bedroom was very damp smelling and the room windows steamed up at night. It was only a slight drip, but annoying. I reported it one evening, and the guy said "we'll sort it tomorrow" Nobody ever came back.
The bathroom door handle came off, while I was in the bathroom, which could have been interesting had I been alone.The same happened to one of my party in their room too.
Of the 2 hotplates in the room, only 1 small ring worked. My party in room 205 had 1 ring also only working, and the socket was melted into the wall (I have picture proof) The rooms were stocked with various plates, cups, etc, which was adequate.
The staff were quick to keep noise down at night, which was good.
I was disappointed that on the 3rd day the beds were made but the well used towels I had put in the bath had not been replaced, but hung back up over the bath. Fresh towels appeared on the 5th day.
My positives are the location is fab, right in the thick of it, with a supermarket, food outlets, bars, and the harbor all within easy reach, The Karaoke bar over the road is noisy, but I found that the windows did a pretty good job at keeping the noise down.
The pool was lovely. The rooms were extremely cheap. The showers were good, I had a brand new shower head on mine.
I would go back as it offered very good value for money, but had it cost any more I would have questioned general upkeep. It was a bed for the nights, and for that reason I would come back. In-fact we are looking at it already.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank bishbashash
portsmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2012

I often read reviews and wonder if I actually stayed in the same place as the folks that moan - we`ve stayed in Androthea five times now and are re-booked for May 2012 and can`t wait - we have had nothing but warm friendly welcomes from the staff and management, we like the rooms (we ask for a pool view - it`s a simple thing to do - just ask - often works!), bathroom small but does it really matter- bedrooms and lounge very big and always clean- the noise from the corner Karaoke Bar can be a nuisance but as we don`t get in until around 1am after a few drinks in town it doesn`t really bother us. Location is smashing ,a large car park at the back if you hire a car.We meet so so many people returning year after year so they must think the same as me. Admittedly we go in May and October which is not "teenage" time and I dare say staff talk to slightly older folks in a different way than youngsters who have every right to have a good time but many (as in some oldies!!) can be a pain. The grounds are kept to a good standard and the pool is big and clean with a small one for the kids. The inclusion last year of tv`s in the room are good (even though most channells are foreign it`s nice to see BBC World News)As for leaving your key at reception ,which is often unmanned, take the thing with you- problem solved- If you like music take a small radio with you Radio Napa FM is in English and is a smashing station. I don`t expect top hotel facilities when I book a holiday apartment and in Androthea I get everything I want and unlike hotels I can fill the fridge without paying over the top for waiter service - one tip - if you have a car nip to nearby Paralimni(ten minutes away and easy to find) and the big supermarkets there (Kokkinoss etc on the main road) will save you a fortune in food and drinks- another useful tip if you have transport - if the sea is rather choppy along the main coast drive to the beautiful Konnos Bay (by Cape Greco) where it will like a mill pond and vice versa

Room Tip: send the owners or management an e.mail - check the place out on the internet re location, pool view...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank ageingdj
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

The apartments looked very nice from the outside, however inside it was almost exactly the same as the hotel in the inbetweeners movie (which is supposed to be a joke). Grubby yellow pillows (put a towel over mine all week), very basic room. You have to pay around 60 euros extra (which took a lot of our holiday money) for air conditioning (which is only in the bedroom). Pool is ok, reception is misleading (as it looks quite posh) and not all staff are overly friendly. DO NOT leave you key behind reception when going out. we left ours, then came back later on to find no-one was at reception- we simple went behind the desk and took our key! Anyone else could have done the same thing.
very good location however- was a short walk to both the beach and the nightlife. Very noisy at night- i would only reccomend this place to people who are used to living in univerity halls!

Room Tip: If you are not used to living in university accomodation, dont go
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank a s

Travellers are raving about these Ayia Napa hotels

Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

a small complex in reasonable good condition,the location,and the friendly staff being the main plus points.Close to the beach and nightlife of the square.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family