“Lads Holiday”
Review of Anthea Hotel Apts

Anthea Hotel Apts
Ranked #92 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Decent Hotel for a lads holiday to Aiya Napa. Located a 5 minute walk from the strip but far enough away so you can get a decent sleep at night. Good pool and the maids come round once a day (Not the friendliest). Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the hotel. The further out the less the maids come.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is in a great position just a couple minutes walk to the bars and clubs, in fact you can here them still at 7.30 in the morning. It is also closed to two big supermarkets and McDonalds and is about a 5 minute walk away from the nearest cash machine. If you are not in the main block of apartments then you will have the problem of the monastery bells (which is over the road) ringing early in the morning, not good when you've got a hangover. Air conditioning is ridiculously over-priced (80 euros roughly including deposit). It cost 40 euros for WiFi for the week (per device), which half of the time doesn't work. Reception are very unhelpful, blamed my phone for the WiFi not working, and refused to give me my money back. I got mugged one night and went to reception asking on advice on what to do next (lost phone and 55 euros), all they did was send a guy to my room who didn't speak English and walked off after 30 seconds. Tried to use the find my iPhone app on my friends phone, but reception refused to give me another WiFi code without charging me another 40 euros to use it for just 10 minutes to find my missing phone even though I already paid for one! The maids just turn up whenever they want, they bin everything they see, including our beach party tickets which cost 55 euros. Luckily the guys at the beach party let us in if we paid an extra 15 euros on the door. The toilet moved around when you sat on it, it was unstable and the shower curtain, 100% being totally honest, can only been described as a bent metal pole with the shower curtain tied to it, held up by a stretched out metal wire coat-hanger, stabbed into a hole in the ceiling. Our pool only had one sun-bed, you had to go to the main pool if you wanted a sun-bed. If you come here I hope you like quads, the side street the hotel is on is a hotspot for lads bombing up and down on quads. There is no security, reps will climb over the hotel wall, over your balcony and walk into your room to sell you tickets for events. A few positives was that the bar staff were friendly, drinks were nice and the pool music was really good. A few reviews have mentioned that the manager only cares about your money. This is true, can't believe we paid this much for this accommodation. Luckily me and my mates made the best of what we could out of it and had a good time. But in terms of the hotel, it is the worst I have ever been to. Clearly just ripping off young holiday makers coming away with their mates.

I would of posted pictures, but luckily for the hotel I obviously lost my phone.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the main block, not one on the other side of the road. Also not one on the bottom f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan W W
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is in a great position, that the only plus.

The manager is very rude, un-helpful and not interested in the guests only your money
If you don't get in the main block your in trouble.
We had to change rooms three times
Other female guest where in tears because one of there room got broke into.
The pool is like a fish pond, rubbish every where.
Soiled bed sheets
Rooms cleaned when they feel like it.
Please don't go, then maybe they will stop ripping of the young British holiday makers.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank r0dders
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Just returned from a girls holiday to ayia napa, four 18 year olds..I read a few reviews that made me a bit apprehensive about what to expect; when I arrived I found that anthea was in the perfect location, right next to the strip, some lovely Greek restaurants, and plenty of fun tourist attractions..the hotel itself is a lot better than what you see on the pictures, it's big and has a great bar and two clean pool areas. My favourite thing about anthea was the poolside cafe/bar, which served AMAZING food and had amazing service, the Greek salad is a must, and the strawberry daiquiri is very nice. The rooms were spacious and basic, although you have to pay for air con and a safe. The hotel keep your room key for you on a night out, which I think is a very good idea, as many people come home very drunk. Anthea is primarily for young people, teenagers and those on their first holidays with a group of friends, and so I wouldn't recommend it for families or older couples, however it is perfect for young people who enjoy music, meeting lots of new people and having a good time
Anthea is better than you expect, I am very glad I stayed there

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Hwlkr
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are basic, clean, very close to the nightlife, restaurants and bars. McDonald's nearby.On the main road into ayia napa. Close to the beach. Would not recommend for families
with children.great as a base to enjoy the party atmosphere of ayia napa. Car and motorbike rental office nearby. Hotel can sometime be a little noisy with passing traffic.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 4 July 2014

it was the bast vacation of my life because of Ayia Napa.
The location is realy perfect - not far from centre and all clubs and bars. it is very easy to find because of Macdondlds and park of atractions.
if you don`t want to have a crazy vacation or planning to go sleeping early it is not for you.
And now about hotel:
- swimming pool are really small and dirty
- reception is really good - if you have any problems they will help you any time at day or at night
- rooms are not very bad. but furniture is old
- in the kitchen you can find everything that you need

I really like my vacation in Anthea. and i will returne in 2015

Room Tip: try to get the room at the 2nd floor. it has better wiev
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 690Natali
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Arrived back from an incredible trip with friends from my college on the 2nd of July 2014, despite being nervous about previous reviews; i can safely say that the pictures shown on here and other websites do not do it any justice. The anthea bar was perfect for a drink/meal during the World Cup Matches and the staff at reception were very helpful. I did not like how you could pretty much ask for any key in the hotel without any form of ID, this needs to be re-evaluated. In relation to the positioning of the complex, it literally is perfect. Easy to get to and from the strip which is maybe a 2-3 minute walk away from where we stayed. The rooms were ideal in size, we stayed in a group of 4 per room, with bunkbeds and 2 single beds, the sofa was infact comfier than the bunkbeds and one of us actually slept there seey night. The question most people are likely to be thinking about is in relation to the Cockroaches, are there any? Do they really hide under your bed? Etc.. Answer is, yeah we saw a few cockroaches here and there but none in our room and only at night, it's like complaining about the fact there are lions nearby when staying outdoors in Kenya! If you are so fussy, pay for the 5* hotel you obviously expect. This hotel provides all the neccesseties you need and more, multiple pools, incredible location and cheap prices. However, you have to pay for air con and wifi which was expensive so we decided to cope without, a regrettable decision. Honestly, if you want a decent ish sleep if any, just budget that into your visit. There is a supermarket with everything you need to survive and KFC, McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc.. Are all within a 5 minute walk, McDonalds is literally across the road! But if there is one place to visit, it's Georgie's. THE BEST KEBABS i've ever had and it's hygenic too with a modern set up, the value is incredible too! A maccies meal will set you back 10 euro a time, this place pretty much stuffs you to the brim for 3.90 euros. The reps get annoying, not all of them are genuine but you soon learn that if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. One thing to stress is that on a night out, to some this is common sense but apparently not to one of my friends, do not react to bouncers, if they drag you out of a club, accept it, there are plenty more! My friend was sent to hospital and ended up with a bill that hindered the rest of his holiday. Budget wisely, and i hope i've put some worried parents' minds at ease! It'll most likely be an incredible and memorable holiday, we went out with 50 guys at the same time and no one had anything negative to say, we were all 18 and managed to get by so don't worry too much! + The ministry of sound beach party/bar crawl will be the best 30 euro you spend!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends