“Very pleased”

and 1 more site!
Anthea Hotel Apts
Ranked #92 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Expected nothing good but was very pleased with pretty much everything!

Stayed with a group of 8 girls for 10 nights, arrived late in the evening and was taken to our 2 rooms upstairs in the main block (very lucky as the other 3 blocks out back didn't look as nice)
One room overlooked the main and very loud pool and the other overlooked another hotels car park! Rooms were very clean and had a lot of utensils including cooking hub, fridge, toaster, cutlery, pans, chopping boards!

The maids came in every day at around 11am and changed our bedding once half way through and towels twice which we were happy with (except the maids being very rude but oh well we were by the pool most of the time)

We only ever visited 2 of the 3 pools, the main pool was very clean and lovely with loud music starting from 10am to 7pm! But what do you expect you're in ayia napa? The quieter pool behind was also clean but with a few wonky tiles and was nice to have a quiet day!

The main pool food bar and restaurant out front had very tasty food at excellent prices the best being an English breakfast for €5.80, pizzas, jacket potatoes, Greek salads and many more!

The reception was 24 7 which was handy when the group split during the night, but some staff were very rude (the manager I think) but there were 2 very nice young ladies. They have a list of payments you have to pay if you damage something but we broke 2 glasses and was not charged a thing!

The hotel was in a perfect location near a lively street of supermarkets, restaurants including Georgies and mcdonalds and very close to the strip! Reps can be very annoying knocking on your door and disturbing your sleep by the pool but just say you've already got tickets and you'll see them there and they will leave you alone.

Would definately recommend this hotel but think we were very lucky to be in the main part of the hotel but this could have been as we paid more than our friends in the blocks at the back.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank BROG18

Reviewed 17 July 2014

When reading the reviews for this hotel it was hard not to be apprehensive especially considering it has been highlighted on BBC Watchdog however on arrival it all seemed okay. We were in the supposed worst block across the road and even then the rooms were fine, slightly dingy with an odd smell but fine, aircon is most definitely a must or it is a sauna in the rooms. The maid service was frequent and satisfactory in my opinion. The same goes for a safety deposit box, then only is oneself to blame for valuables going missing. Reception and some staff were offish but helpful overall and the Anthea Bar was perfectly adequate with cheap food on offer. The pools in the hotel were fine. It is highly convenient with food places everywhere surrounding as well as two cheap supermarkets for alcohol and food. The strip is literally a 2 minute walk from the hotel with just enough distance to drown out music and noise, although sometimes there is noise going on outside the rooms such as quad bikes up and down the roads. One place to recommend is Georgie's across the road from Anthea who are cheap, hygienic and have delicious food especially good after a night out. Overall despite reviews they have clearly tried to up the standards of this hotel, the main block rooms are very good and even the back block rooms are average, enough to have a good time and live in sufficiently for a week, particularly in such a good location near the night-life.

Room Tip: Rooms in main block better quality although back block is fine and cheaper aircon
2  Thank gonesuper123
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The big plus, Apartments close to night life and pretty central and the staff is welcoming.
Negative: The quality of the apartments is not all that and the pools don't look well maintained. Lots of noise around, but, this is something they warn you about at the reception.
Overall, if you going to wild out in Napa, solo or with friends, then these apartments would best suit you, but I would not recommend it for couples.

4  Thank Herman M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just returned from this hotel and is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. On just the second day I had €300 stolen and that was after the maid had been in to give more toilet roll, and that's all the maid did, no new towels, no new bed sheets, just one new toilet roll and €300 gone. The whole week I was there the maids came once!! When I reported this to the hotel they told me there was nothing they could do and even the manager himself said "I could help you but I'm not going to". There are ants everywhere in the room probably where the rooms aren't cleaned regularly. There is a constant smell outside the room which lingers into the room. The hotel staff are very moody and unhelpful, especially the manager! Before we came to the hotel we looked at the reviews and thought it can't be as bad as people are saying, but honestly to anyone reading this they really are that bad!! We were on a lads holiday so was in the room minimal amounts of time and it still managed to make that bad of an impression! I would happily return to ayia napa but you couldn't pay me enough to stay at Anthea!!! If you want the most out of your holiday stay away from this hell hole!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hell hole
3  Thank KA1401
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Decent Hotel for a lads holiday to Aiya Napa. Located a 5 minute walk from the strip but far enough away so you can get a decent sleep at night. Good pool and the maids come round once a day (Not the friendliest). Would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the hotel. The further out the less the maids come.
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is in a great position just a couple minutes walk to the bars and clubs, in fact you can here them still at 7.30 in the morning. It is also closed to two big supermarkets and McDonalds and is about a 5 minute walk away from the nearest cash machine. If you are not in the main block of apartments then you will have the problem of the monastery bells (which is over the road) ringing early in the morning, not good when you've got a hangover. Air conditioning is ridiculously over-priced (80 euros roughly including deposit). It cost 40 euros for WiFi for the week (per device), which half of the time doesn't work. Reception are very unhelpful, blamed my phone for the WiFi not working, and refused to give me my money back. I got mugged one night and went to reception asking on advice on what to do next (lost phone and 55 euros), all they did was send a guy to my room who didn't speak English and walked off after 30 seconds. Tried to use the find my iPhone app on my friends phone, but reception refused to give me another WiFi code without charging me another 40 euros to use it for just 10 minutes to find my missing phone even though I already paid for one! The maids just turn up whenever they want, they bin everything they see, including our beach party tickets which cost 55 euros. Luckily the guys at the beach party let us in if we paid an extra 15 euros on the door. The toilet moved around when you sat on it, it was unstable and the shower curtain, 100% being totally honest, can only been described as a bent metal pole with the shower curtain tied to it, held up by a stretched out metal wire coat-hanger, stabbed into a hole in the ceiling. Our pool only had one sun-bed, you had to go to the main pool if you wanted a sun-bed. If you come here I hope you like quads, the side street the hotel is on is a hotspot for lads bombing up and down on quads. There is no security, reps will climb over the hotel wall, over your balcony and walk into your room to sell you tickets for events. A few positives was that the bar staff were friendly, drinks were nice and the pool music was really good. A few reviews have mentioned that the manager only cares about your money. This is true, can't believe we paid this much for this accommodation. Luckily me and my mates made the best of what we could out of it and had a good time. But in terms of the hotel, it is the worst I have ever been to. Clearly just ripping off young holiday makers coming away with their mates.

I would of posted pictures, but luckily for the hotel I obviously lost my phone.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the main block, not one on the other side of the road. Also not one on the bottom f...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ryan W W
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel is in a great position, that the only plus.

The manager is very rude, un-helpful and not interested in the guests only your money
If you don't get in the main block your in trouble.
We had to change rooms three times
Other female guest where in tears because one of there room got broke into.
The pool is like a fish pond, rubbish every where.
Soiled bed sheets
Rooms cleaned when they feel like it.
Please don't go, then maybe they will stop ripping of the young British holiday makers.

Room Tip: Choose a room in another hotel
3  Thank r0dders