“AmazingAmazingAmazing”

Christabelle Hotel Apartments
Ranked #57 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Firstly lets be clear: You get EXACTLY what you pay for. If you want the Ritz, you have to pay Ritz money, and let me tell you Christabelle is superb for its price range.
I had a two bedroom apartment with my bf and brother, (my two friends shared a studio in another block)and it was extremely clean and pretty. Had a kitchen, tv, etc. All the reviewers saying their apartment was old and dirty OBVIOUSLY didnt request the Superior Apartment Suites that we were in which were a little more expensive as were just renovated. Two of my friends were staying in one of the older blocks, and their room was nothing like ours, but still decent. However like I said, you get what you pay for. Rooms were cleaned every other day, cleaners very honest, found money and gave it back to me, lovely view from balcony, didnt try the food as wanted to get dressed up and eat out every day! The only negatives were : aircon was extra 14euros a day for our room(as our room had 2 air conditioners, 7 each) and as we didnt know of this charge beforehand was a bit annoying, however we just bought a big fan for 20 euros at a shop down the road, we were fine lol! Another annoying point was wifi around the pool had a mind of its own, but I have international internet booster on my phone anyway so again wasn't a major.
The strip is 5 min walk away, nissi beach is about 20 min walk, there's Limaniki beach which is closer, however nissi is nicer! ATM 2 mins away, nice places to eat 2 mins away, hungry horse is really nice, and the pub across the road from it has a good vibe for footie matches. I thought the staff were nice, one receptionist was a little standoffish, but there's always one! They were always very helpful and reception was open 24/7. I was able to book my 12am airport transfer from the reception and check on my flight times. Also when we left my bf forgot his phone which had all our holiday pics on, and the receptionists have kindly agreed to post it to us. Really great hotel, 100% going back next year!!!

1  Thank EssJae

Reviewed 5 September 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we got put in a room that looked like it was from a horror movie. It was so dirty and full of ants with toe nails on the floor. The bedding smelt of sweat and the bathroom was disgusting. We complained and changed rooms, this was cleaner but still as horrible. The camp beds collapsed every time someone lay on them, the bedding still smelt, there were stains on the towels and inside of the wardrobes. There was blood on the fridge. The air con hardly produced any cold air and it was quite expensive. We were a young group of girls and didn't expect much but these rooms were horrible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laura C
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We had to pay a fortune for the AC. The Wifi was terrible. TV not available in the rooms. Housekeeping service every 48h. Hand soap not available in the rooms. The breakfast was very poor served on plates and not as buffet. We had to pay for the breakfast on the check-out day although it was included in the deal. Part of staff was very rude and unfriendly.

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

We entered in the room: the light in the room did not work, the toilet did not work. internet just around the pool and it was very sloow (when it worked). The girl at reception had only one answer for everyone: tomorrow it will be fixes. Fortunately toilet and light it s been very quickly but the staff has never been very helpful. Our room was on the street and was impossible to sleep with the windows open...but to hot to close it. Fortunately the day after air conditional was started for free cos our room was the only one without balcony. it's a nice place if u are under 25 and u just want to stay drunl all night. well all ayia napa is like this..in the end...unfortunately.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I've been to Ayia Napa Earlier this year in May and loved the accommodation at Christabelle.
The staff is fabulous, very helpful. Fantastic barman Chris will make sure you'll have a good time while you at the Bar.
The pool was very clean and never stank of chlorine as it states in some comments below! I was actually curious what sort of chemical do they use as it was perfectly clean. Mind you it was at the beginning of the season and could get a bit worse in the middle of the summer, still though I think it's a very clean place in comparison to some other cheap accommodations in the area this is the luxury!
My room was opposite the pool and it was very clean, the hob is useless though it takes ages to boil water on this thing, but hey If you're going to Ayia Napa you definately don't wanna stay in to cook! For those who think about using they kitchenette it's clean, everything works, there's a electric kettle for a water and quite a few pots, pans, glasses in the cupboard including cutlery.
Rooms are cleaned every two days, all your towels changed and bed linen as well.
I think the drinks at the bar are well expensive, it's mainly because it's not a very busy place and therefore they can't afford making too many good deals however if you meet Chris he will make you fantastic cocktail for about 5-6e if this is to much for you there is an English pub down the road where you can enjoy good cocktails for 3.50e pint of keo local beer 3.50e and when it's happy hour the prices are 2e per drink.
Going back to Christabelle, definately try Grilled Chicken! Great Deal for the price and Chris makes the best one! I kept coming back every night and even eating there at 1am!

After all it's a cheap accommodation If you are expecting luxury then you better off booking one of these very expensive hotels 100e per night if you are in Napa to party and just want to come back to clean bed in the morning Christabelle is a place to be.
I've payed 350 pounds per person for 2 weeks stay and think it's the right price for the time I went.
Would definately recommend this apartments to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Erwin R
Reviewed 20 August 2013

A 2 word summary for those fellow travellers who don't like to read a lot: AVOID IT!
Now in long: This was by far the worst hotel experience I can remember of. My apartment was in an outdated building detached from the hotel (I have posted photos of the miserable entrance to mywhatsoeverent).
Moreover, the furniture was older than that of my grandparents'!!
There was only one aircon in the two room apartment, and it was extra (7 € a night). The apartment even had no TV!! The fan in the bathroom had a loud buzzing sound. The floor tiling was perfectly selected to make the space look dreadful. The walls had no kind of soundproofing whatsoever: I heard my neighbours every time they went up and down the stairs (as there was no lift of course). I even heard my neighbour throwing up at 2 am on my first night!! They advertise that they have Wi Fi in the pool area but in never worked even once in my 3 day stay! They do have another access point but refused to give me the password. When I checked in at 1.40 pm the room was still not clean yet. And when I went to complain in the reception, the reply was that check in is at 2.00 pm!! Not even an apology! I seriously have no idea how it took them 20 min to clean my room))
When I requested a late check out, I was asked to pay a full night stay. That is 80 € for a few extra hours!!
For all fairness, the only advantage this hotel has is that it is a 5 min walk from the centre. Other than that, it's just full of disadvantages. So please do consider other options when staying in napa!

4  Thank humvee87
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is defiantly the worse hotel ive stay in from all my years of holidays. Thomas cook sorted the hotel but for the price me and 3 others paid we got totally mugged off! As soon as we got there we had no toilet paper, no towels and our room was a mess also no where near the beach had to walk down through loads of building to get to the beach takes 20-30 mins.. our view was the locals dirty apartments with graffiti all over them. The bathroom was a joke there was a window which you could see into our neighbors bathroom which was weird and also the floor was always wet from leaks. The whole apartment was filthy, the beds were a joke and one for the stupid bed we had broke first night, no microwave or cooking equipment. Had to pay 80 euros for air con which was rubbish too.. i could go on and on

Now with the pool, bar and reception
The pool was dirty and stunk of chlorine, i work in the a health club myself with a pool and the pool was defiantly not safe i only went in there once and my eyes were burning.. the bar where they also sell food was expensive and the quality was disgusting me and my friends all got food poising from there food which made me end up going home 4 days earlier from my holiday leaving my friends there because i never recovered.. the staff there would always try to charge me extra or give wrong change when i bought food/drinks in the bar and this also happened in the local shop so make sure they dont mug you off! the WIFI is a joke never works and i once paid to use there computer which froze for the whole 30 mins i paid for and wasn't given a refund. staff are all miserable and seem to hate you.. i could go on and on!
Just dont go here!

Room Tip: dont choose this hotel