“Much better than I expected”

Christabelle Hotel Apartments
Ranked #57 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 26 September 2013

...and I didn't expect much since it was the second cheapest option I had. I came for my friends' wedding ceremony, so I just needed a single room, with breakfast and it was a pleasant surprise to get a 2-room apartment, with fully equipped kitchen, balcony and air-conditioner!
To be quick, here are all pros and cons listed for your convenience:
+ as I said, kitchen facilities that allow you to do self-catering if you wish (I did since I'm on a diet and cook for myself)
- Kitchen lacks such important things as dish sponges, towels, matches for the stove, salt, etc. I had to buy all that and, providing all these things are long-lasting, I assume, previous guests have done the same, so why take all this things away?!
+all furniture and bathroom facilities are quite old and shabby, yet clean and in working condition
- don't expect shampoo or soap in bathroom
+ air conditioner works well and is free (I've heard, some hotels charge up ot 7 euros/day for it!)
+ not a single insect (my friends had ants in a 5-star hotel)
+ free wi-fi near the pool
+ nice pool area, pool bar that was always busy and had friendly barmen
- breakfast was not a buffet, but a choice of 1 dish from the menu: various combinations of eggs, bacon and toasts (e.g. scrambled eggs on toast, bacon on toast, toasts with jam, beans with toast and so on) accompanied with a small cup of tea or coffee or juice. Not very abundant. (that was good in my case :)) So is the dinner, I guess.
- location is quite distant from main destinations. I got lost first 2 evenings on my way to hotel.

All in all, despite minuses mentioned I liked my stay and can confidently recommend this hotel as smth worth the money paid (especially compared to other Agia Napa hotel, Adams Beach, where my friends stayed, - see my review ;))

Room Tip: ask whether you room is in the renovated part and does it face the pool (this area might be noisy un...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank 0lven

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Although you would think you would need a room only to sleep, especially in Cyprus, but there should be a minimum of quality at least! Some rooms (which might be yours!) are in a different building, old, balcony door won't lock, no TV, no soap, no shampoo, have to pay extra for A/C, no storage room at the lobby in case you want to keep your luggage for a day or so... There is NO WAY you can get a late check out for free, even if for an hour extra! Would not recommend it...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MrSouss
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The Girls at the reception are the worst people you can ever deal with. THey talk to you in a rude way they never smile and they have the worst service ever.
The rooms are so bad and there are stains on the sheets and the bathrooms are dirty.

they have no room to keep your luggage and they oblige you to pay a whole extra day if you want to stay 2 hours after check out. They have no flexibility in dealing with their cusotmers and they are so mean.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the rooms in the block next to the pool and not the one after you cross the roa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Well, we've stayed at Christabelle for 3 nights and 3 days. The good thing is that it is close to Ayia Napa square where the clubs are located. However, I was not pleased with the following :
1-No soap/shampoo in the bathroom.
2-You have to pay extra money for the AC.
3-No TV in our room (TVs in newer rooms).
4-Cleaning and towels changing every 48 hrs.
5-Loud music, even at 2 AM, though on a piece of paper we've been given it was noted that music is not allowed after 12...so if you are thinking about relaxation, don't consider that place.
6-As we were to leave Cyprus at 8 PM, we had asked for a late check-out ; though there was no reservation for our room on that day, we were asked to pay extra fees, but we didn't...so the only solution we were provided with was to leave our bags (with valuables) in the corridor, just facing the street !! There is no luggage room !
7-We had reserved rooms a month or 1.5 months prior to our arrival in Cyprus, and so our friends (who've paid the same amount of money) were given a bigger and newer apartment, whereas we were left with an old, very dull one, with antique sofas.
8-As for the staff, well, they are not hospitable...at least they are not the kind of people to work at a hotel.
9-I had asked the bartender on one morning : "do you have "Nescafe" ? (a way not to embarrass him if they don't have Nescafe" )and so he replied "of course, we do, we are in Cyprus !!!..." and then started laughing as if I've hurt his feelings with my question or asked a very dumb one.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Advisor566
Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is in an ideal spot for nights out. The room was big and very clean when we checked in. The pool was clean and a good size. The bar serves food and drink at reasonable prices until very late at night. The bar staff were friendly and the receptionists were helpful. The hotel does attract groups of party goers so do expect some noise but most of them venture into town.

The only bad things I really have to say is that the air conditioning was extra and it was a rip off. Also the maids do not clean everyday and when we asked for more towels the staff wouldn't provide us with any.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Kable3
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Firstly lets be clear: You get EXACTLY what you pay for. If you want the Ritz, you have to pay Ritz money, and let me tell you Christabelle is superb for its price range.
I had a two bedroom apartment with my bf and brother, (my two friends shared a studio in another block)and it was extremely clean and pretty. Had a kitchen, tv, etc. All the reviewers saying their apartment was old and dirty OBVIOUSLY didnt request the Superior Apartment Suites that we were in which were a little more expensive as were just renovated. Two of my friends were staying in one of the older blocks, and their room was nothing like ours, but still decent. However like I said, you get what you pay for. Rooms were cleaned every other day, cleaners very honest, found money and gave it back to me, lovely view from balcony, didnt try the food as wanted to get dressed up and eat out every day! The only negatives were : aircon was extra 14euros a day for our room(as our room had 2 air conditioners, 7 each) and as we didnt know of this charge beforehand was a bit annoying, however we just bought a big fan for 20 euros at a shop down the road, we were fine lol! Another annoying point was wifi around the pool had a mind of its own, but I have international internet booster on my phone anyway so again wasn't a major.
The strip is 5 min walk away, nissi beach is about 20 min walk, there's Limaniki beach which is closer, however nissi is nicer! ATM 2 mins away, nice places to eat 2 mins away, hungry horse is really nice, and the pub across the road from it has a good vibe for footie matches. I thought the staff were nice, one receptionist was a little standoffish, but there's always one! They were always very helpful and reception was open 24/7. I was able to book my 12am airport transfer from the reception and check on my flight times. Also when we left my bf forgot his phone which had all our holiday pics on, and the receptionists have kindly agreed to post it to us. Really great hotel, 100% going back next year!!!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank EssJae
Reviewed 5 September 2013

When we arrived at this hotel we got put in a room that looked like it was from a horror movie. It was so dirty and full of ants with toe nails on the floor. The bedding smelt of sweat and the bathroom was disgusting. We complained and changed rooms, this was cleaner but still as horrible. The camp beds collapsed every time someone lay on them, the bedding still smelt, there were stains on the towels and inside of the wardrobes. There was blood on the fridge. The air con hardly produced any cold air and it was quite expensive. We were a young group of girls and didn't expect much but these rooms were horrible.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends