We stayed in this hotel at the end of June 2013. It was a girly holiday and we were there to experience mainly the night life of Napa as well as get some nice tans. I had never been abroad before so this was a huge experience for me. When we got to the reception I was shocked to here them ask for our passports. It didn’t sit well with me that the deposit was them holding on to our passports for the entire week!
When I arrived I was freaked out after reading the reviews I was bracing myself for the worse. Upon arriving my worst nightmare come true. Ants! Living in a clean home and being terrified of any bug or anything that moves that isn’t human this wasn’t good for me! I spent most of the night trying to stand on all the ants but they kept flocking in from the hall way. After I calmed my nervous we decided to go straight to bed because it was about 3am when we arrived.
The night didn’t get any better there was noise outside and constant singing from someone in the hotel opposite. Needles to say when we woke up and found ants in our bath tub we went down to complain. The woman was shocked and looked at us as if to say what did you expect? (We also ad to wait about 4 hours for the lady at the main reception to arrive because the guy at the second block’s reception didn’t have a clue what to do). She offer us to view a second room we took some time to discuss it and half an hour later we went back to say we would have a look only to find that shed changed her mind and the hotel was now full. She said she would send someone to our room to deal with the ants and we found ourselves counting only 6 more nights to go! The ant replant spray never showed up!
We came to a point where we said lets just deal with this! So we did what we could we kept all of our belongings in our locked suitcases and put them on top of chairs to keep the ants out. We never had food in the room and all we brought back was water to sleep with after being refrigerated to cool us all down.
The pool we found was grate! The second pool where we spent all of our time was a nice balance of people and there was music playing and cold drinks available. The pool to us seemed pretty clean as well so we were happy to spend most of our time down here.
The location again was excellent it was a 30 second walk to the main strip and about 10 minute walk to the beach. After deciding not to spend any time but sleep in the hotel room we actually really enjoyed the holiday. The people in the block with us were friendly and the night life is amazing! The beaches are beautiful and I would recommend everyone to go on a boat cruise around the island to swim in the blue lagoon and see the caves of napa.
The hotel wasn’t grate no but if you’re not planning on spending any time in it then it is bearable and the horror stories of some people about cockroaches I was glad to find only ants in our room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tsokkos Holiday Apartments are ideally located right in the heart of Ayia Napa center and near to beautiful sandy beaches. This complex features Deseo Pool Lounge which offers the ultimate pool experience in which to cool down and relax. The welcoming and hospitable atmosphere makes it a popular choice and guests return back year after year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Onthebeach, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tsokkos Holiday Apartment reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tsokkos Holiday Apartments Hotel Ayia Napa
- Tsokkos Holiday Apartments Ayia Napa