Carina Hotel Apartments
US$220
US$204
Bella Napa Bay Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$216
US$253
US$223
  • Breakfast included
Faros Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$387
US$375
Nestor Hotel(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$151
Travelocity
  • Pool
Makronisos Holiday Village(Ayia Napa)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$385
Bookcyprus.com
All reviewsmin walkair confruit marketnissi beachcheap drinksvisited ayia naparooms are spacioussandy bayper weekbus stopsee you next yearpool vieweurosquareholidaybugscoctails
Reviewed 15 July 2014

When arriving at Carina appartments we were greeted by the rep Dan, who sat us down and explained what was on offer for us during our stay. He explained there was no wifi within the hotel which was very inconvenient. However, after his introduction Dan made very little effort with us and became extremely rude, making us feel very unwelcome. Despite this, other staff members such as Tommy made up for Dans behaviour being very friendly and always happy to help.
The rooms were clean on arrival and cleaners came in every day which was helpful. They were very reasonably sized with plenty of space in the bedroom as well as living area.
The walk to the strip was longer than expected, being around 15 minutes but taxis were always available 24/7, with a cost of just €2 per person they were reasonably priced.
Overall, Carina had an extremely good environment, and I would recommend anyone going on a teens holiday to stay here. However, I would only recommend carina if Dan was not working here, with his attitude being atrocious.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank KirstyOD
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed at the carina apartments last week for my second visit to ayia napa. We were given a warm welcome by dan, and a free cocktail, whilst he the advised us of the do's and don't s and what was happening in ayia napa that week. He was really friendly and was based at the carina, soif we needed anything he was there. There is a 24 hour pool bar which serves food and drink, its really reasonably priced and great at happy hour. Cocktails 2euros!! The bar staff are great so dont forget to give them a tip! The pool was a good size and attracts lots of people in the day, theres a really nice atmosphere.
The apartments were clean and spacious however, there were lots of people complaining about the ants and cockroaches. The staff did there best to remove them but unfortunately they were everywhere. Then 3 days into our holiday the air con broke. At 7 euros a day I was disappointed that it wasnt fixed and was left to deal with it in 42 degree heat! Nor was I offered a refund on it.
overall the apartments are a good base with good facilities, I would stay there again. However, im in my 30's and enjoy the full napa experience. If you plan to stay here with a family or for a quiet break, keep in mind this is ayia napa, the hotel is loud and noisy through the day and night, and the accommodation is well priced, which attracts the younger crowds.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view as there's always plenty going on
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I have just returned home from a week in Ayia Napa with my boyfriend from 25th June to 2nd July. Cannot really fault these apartments, it's basic but perfect for what we needed it for which is eating, sleeping and showering. It is not worthy of the bad reviews on here, it's exactly what you pay for, basic self catering.

The room was very hot when we arrived but purchasing the air con solved that problem although it was a little pricey. Our apartment was huge with what looked like a recently refurbished bathroom. The room was cleaned daily by the maids with new towels and bedding every other day. The maids were brilliant even washing our pots on one occasion when we left a sink full after leaving early for the water park.

This is a perfect party hotel but also you can get a good nights sleep as it is at least a 15min walk away from the strip with plenty of bars, shops and restaurants including McDonald's on the route to the strip. All staff are lovely and our rep Dan was especially nice, ensuring we were enjoying our holiday.

Overall we had a pleasant stay at these apartments and I would stay here again!!!!

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank devonwright809
Reviewed 29 June 2014

I have just returned from a week at the Carina Apartments, which, at £132 for a week including flights and transfers, I was initially worried about booking. Having read the reviews on here my mind was eased so we went ahead and booked it.

We arrived at 11pm and were greeted by two staff members on reception, I handed over my passport which they take for the whole week, we were given our keys and sent on our way (quite a few of us arrived at the same time so I guess the reason for them providing no information was to ensure everyone got checked-in as quickly as possible).

On our way to our room we saw 3 cockroaches scuttling around the communal areas by the pool which didn't really fill me with confidence.

When we walked into our room (which was in the left building on the ground floor with an inland view and terrace) it was absolutely roasting. The bathroom window was open but this only goes to an internal vent through the roof).

The room was basic, but clean, nothing more or less than what I expected for the price I paid. The terrace overlooked a dusty bit of land where the owner grows vegetables.

We went back to reception to query about the safe and air conditioning, were told that the safe was €10 for the week (great value, took advantage of that) and the air conditioning was €7 per day for a minimum of one week. I could think of better things to fork out €50 on so we declined this (big mistake).

On brushing my teeth I noticed king cockroach staring at me from the top of the bathroom mirror, and then another was scuttling around the kitchen. Great. These were removed from the room and I spent a rather uncomfortable first nights sleep in a pool of sweat.

The following day we spoke to the rep, Dan, who is great by the way! He explained that we wouldn't be able to change rooms as the hotel was full, but I could pick up some cockroach spray from reception, which I did, sprayed absolutely everywhere possible and all windows remained closed for the remainder of the holiday.

I did ask Dan if he could look to move us on the Wednesday (which is the main changeover day) and he said he'd speak to the Hotel Manager (who we didn't once see). The following day we were told that the allocation of rooms had already been done and the manager didn't deem our request to be urgent enough for him to change that. There's great customer service for you there, if a customer complaint isn't urgent then I don't know what is.

The hotel was clean, maid service was roughly 5 times a week. They did however leave all the linen and towels taken from the rooms in a communal area on the floor for over 24 hours which I don't feel helps their bug problem, and certainly doesn't fill me with confidence about what I'm sleeping in. The rooms itself was generally clean but there were some suspect marks in the bathroom area.

The pool area was very worn, but the pool itself was clean. The bar is overpriced so we went to the shop every morning to get our drinks in, I ate at the bar once and paid around €5 for a hot dog which was absolutely awful. The staff play the same CD day after day which doesn't have anything post-2000 on it, by day 3 I was ready to snap the thing.

The staff at the hotel are very friendly and always happy to give you anything you want.

It has a games area with two pool tables (that don't give you the white ball back if you pot it), a load of old games machines that don't work, and the reception has two ancient computers with €1 internet. I dread to think how slow that was if anyone ever dared to use it.

The hotel is in a great location and for me, this was the best thing about it, it's a 20 minute walk into Ayia Napa itself so it's close enough to take advantage of the amazing nightlife on offer there, but far out enough for you not to be kept awake at night by clubbers. It's a 20-25 minute walk in the opposite direction to Nissi Beach, which is beautiful (that's the beach in the picture on the Olympic Holidays website, slightly misleading as I expected to be on that beach pretty much), and there's the closer Sandy Cove Beach which is about a 10 minute walk away.

Overall, I couldn't see myself returning to this hotel. I went for a relaxing week away which turned into being a fight against cockroaches with poor sleep quality due to the unbearable heat in the room at night. I know it was my choice to not pay for air conditioning, but I couldn't justify paying that much for it. It's good if you're happy to slum it for a cheap week away, but nothing more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is perfect for those who want to be a bit away from the noisy- party side of the island but want to be close to the beach. Sandy bay is like 5 min away walking and its great for snorkeling as it has lots of marine life, you can actually see lots of fish and 15-20 min away from Nissi Beach which is absolutely amazing. The room is nice and clean , the sheets and towels were changed daily , you have a huge kitchen just for yourself with 2 sofas and tables (the kitchen has everything you need such as spoons, plates, kettle etc.).The swimming pool was perfect and they also have a 24h open bar where they serve basic food and drinks.The staff and rep were really nice and helpful :). Overall it was a great experience and we hope we will return !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple