All reviews self catering garden of eden superior studio air con next year entertainment team lifeguard on duty pool area bar staff nissi beach kings sword water park water polo plenty of sunbeds toasties kids club parrot show
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was at Makronisos early September. Rooms were clean with all the amenities needed, public areas and particularly the pool terrace were fantastic. My kids were busy enough with the animator team. Lots of choices of food and excellent value for money. Would definitely recommend it !!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank LTRAVELLERP
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed there for a long weekend during the summer and thoroughly enjoyed it. Rooms are comfortable, staff is helpful and the facilities offer everything one might need, although I didn't use them much due to my short stay.

All in all, great stay, would definitely recommend it and will be visiting again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at the Hotel recently. Staff are friendly enough. Upgraded to All Inclusive for 2 of the 4 Days as we planned on spending at resort. Food was basic through day, different themes in the evening. Nice size pool for my son to play in. Spent most of the time away at other hotels due to family wedding. Ayia Napa is a nice place, too hot even in September for my 2 year old son. Would go back but at a different hotel. Closer to the action of beaches etc

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2018

easily the worst resort I have ever been to. Put a real damper on the holiday as a whole. If you do decide to go, be sure to go self catering, you get better food, your beers & soft drinks will be served in decent sized glasses and not tiny plastic cups, plus it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

We went for a week and by the end of the week our entire family couldn't stomach it anymore.

On top of this the kids entertainment was literally a lady on her phone for a couple of hours giving kids print outs of line art stolen from google and a box of broken crayons and pencils... She also has a box of random bits of old Lego most of which do not connect together as a back up.

The kids disco does not start until 8:30PM and is an hour of nursery rhymes played by somebody that obviously has done the same 1 hour set for the last decade and really doesn't want to do it anymore.

The kids pool is a smaller version of the big pool with no slides or anything at all exciting for little ones. Thankfully waterworld is only 10-15 minute walk away and is brilliant for all ages.

And finally I cannot complain about the food and drink more. everything was disgusting, literally the very worst food I have ever eaten. Within just a few days I was eating nothing but oranges and watermelon just to get by.

You need to get your food at certain (very annoying) times of the day and the only dinner hall of the resort has a huge menu outside for what you can buy NEXT DOOR at a proper restaurant called "Garden of Eden". This restaurant serves the same type of food as the dinner hall but its 100% better.

Both of these establishments are owned by the same guy who is very obviously giving the people that have paid £1,000s to stay in his resort the worst food imaginable so that they are forced to spend their money in his restaurant next door.

It's a disgusting practice that has LITERALLY left a sour taste in my mouth.

Avoid these establishments like the plague and if you do decide to visit Cyprus be sure to stay at ANY other resort.

If you don't believe me, take it from a local Taxi driver who even commented on how bad Makronisos Holiday Village was as he dropped of another family we was staying with.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel I
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

We visited here with a group of friends for our close friends daughter’s wedding. There were a good 60 of us when we were all there. Rooms are outstanding, very clean with cleaners going in every day except Sunday’s. We were self catering but there is the option to upgrade to half board or all inclusive. We did upgrade to all inclusive, food was tasty with a different theme every night. Breakfast was nice with plenty of choice.
I did notice that at the pool bar they did seem to favour paying customers over all inclusive, with them wanting to luck up and go hone from 10pm, not very good when all inclusive is until 12! See the attached photo, I am sure you can guess which one is for paying customers.
Entertainment was very poor, with kids disco and bingo being the entertainment! I was led to believe entertainment was throughout the day and evening but this is not the case.
We paid a lot of money to stay here and a big incentive for us as a group was the entertainment which was a let down. We did however find our own entertainment which involved leaving the holiday village.
Our friends got married at the garden of Eden which I could not fault in any way, was a beautiful day and the staff were extremely helpful.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends