“Lovely holiday!!!”

Tasia Maris Gardens Apartments
Ranked #40 of 102 Hotels in Ayia Napa
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel from 20th to 27th october with my husband and 11yr old daughter. Same time last year we travelled to Ayia Napa staying in the Atlantica sun gardens which was brilliant so would take some beating. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel so welcome by the lovely Maria on reception. I have travelled to many places but the staff at this hotel were the nicest I have ever met. Nothing was too much trouble. We were allocated apt 21A looking right onto the pool was lovely. Good size apt double bed in bedroom and a bed in the living area for my daughter which was comfortable as they are usually not!! Nice big balcony with table and chairs. Lots of wardrobe and drawer space in the bedroom. Had the most relaxing week ever!!! Couldnt believe how quiet the pool area was you could have your pick where to lie at any time of the day!!! There was about 15 kids there in total and at some times when they went into kids club which they all loved you could hear a pin drop it was so quiet!!! The day we left the staff said there were 50 kids arriving so i think it would have been a bit more lively. Food was lovely couldnt fault we usually eat out at least one night just for a change but didnt bother as was so nice. We especially enjoyed the lunch where you just ordered from the menu nice change not going to the buffet. The staff were so nice especially nigel and craig. The entertainment was just ok no fault of Brendan who we had a good laugh with was mainly because there just wasnt enough people there but that was ok as we won the bingo 4 times!!! Had fun working my way through the extensive cocktail list and the local beer was lovely and cold. Nothing negative to say about this hotel at all weather was gorgeous and had a fantastic relaxing week didnt want to leave. Would definitely go back and recommend this hotel. Massive thanks to all the staff who made our holiday!! Sharon, Gary and Amelia x

9  Thank writetoshaz

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

After staying here in June 2012 we decided to have a break before the winter in October. We were so happy that we returned! The apartments are spotless and the maids do a brilliant job! The reception staff also deserve a mention - they can't do enough to help out! But what definitely makes this place extra special is the waiter/bar staff, namely Nigel, Pani, Vasil, Rado and Georgi! These guys are brilliant - especially with our two kids! Brendan was also a great guy and managed to keep everyone entertained - even with limited space and facilities!

The pool was freezing cold...but it didn't stop the dozen kids braving it everyday with out fail - compared to the warm pool water we we had back in June 2012, I think this will put us off returning in October - but I must add this is at no fault of the hotel - it is due to temps dropping down on a evening - guests at the five star olympic lagoon were also complaining it was like swimming in the Irish sea it was so cold!

Personally we prefer it in June after this say and felt that the resort didn't have the same 'buzz' as it does at the beginning of the season! - but again that is just our preference! The hotel is fantastic - especially for families with small kiddies. Everyone is so friendly and anywhere that makes my two children smile as much as they did on the last two visits to this hotel is fine by me - would not think twice about returning here again in the future!

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank SouthYork2011
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Check in was quick and easy, very friendly reception staff - a very short walk to our apartment (7A), it was on the ground floor and had a patio area right in front of the pool. Our rooms were basic but comfortable and clean. The bathroom was a great size and the shower was fab!

The location was fabulous, 20mins walk to the left of the apartments brought you to Nissi Beach, about 25mins right of the apartments brought you into Ayia Napa. Shops and restaurants were across the road.

Sandy Bay was the local beach a couple of mins walk from the apartments, lovely, quiet beach but water was a lil cold! Nissi Beach was nice but a lot busier. My girls enjoyed the shallower part of Nissi Beach, where you can walk to the lil island about 50m out.

My only moan was the food, it go a bit boring, chips was served with everything! My girls were in heaven as they lived on chips and nuggets during our stay - more variety in this area would have been fantastic! Oh and the pool is not heated which was a shame (the water was freezing)!!

These apartments are not a 4* as stated in the brochure but a very good 3* in my opinion. The grounds of the apartments are spotless and the service received from all the staff was exceptional!

Overall we would definitely consider coming back to these apartments.

Room Tip: Room 7A (its on the ground floor and has pool view)
5  Thank Mrs C
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife, 2 children and I recently stayed here for a week. My mother-in-law was getting married on the Thursday @ Nissi Beach Hotel and after a thorough check of Trip Advisor and First Choice we chose Tasia Maris Gardens as our accommodation for the week, this was due to the value for money and the ratings. We arrived @1.00am on Monday morning and was greeting by a lovely gentlemen called Thomas who made us very welcome and looked after us well seeing as our Daughter had been poorly on the coach trip, he gave us milk for tea and some fresh drinking water.
The rooms are simple but perfect, there was plenty of space (especially if you’re self-catering) and the room was always kept really tidy by the maids. The air-con worked well, the beds were comfortable enough and they supplied us with a cot for our youngest.
There was plenty of food to choose from every day and I liked the idea of being able to order from a menu at lunch. The waiters/waitresses are all very helpful (and talk very good English), always had a high-chair ready for us and made sure we had drinks.
The swimming pool was very cold (partly due to the time of year) but the kids loved it and the pool & surrounding area was always clean.
Brendan the entertainer was very friendly and always tried to involve everyone in the games throughout the game.
The only criticism I’d have is there are no baby-changing facilities within the toilets.
Overall we enjoyed our week here and would definitely contemplate returning at a later date, thoroughly recommended!!!

9  Thank Jordon_1989
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went to this hotel in june2012 staff and FOOD 1st class. Went 6/10/2013 got a bottle of sparkling with a welcome back note.. I will give you a true AUDIT staff all A1 + clean A1+. Now the bad bits FOOD Breakfast COLD EVERY MORNING Bacon could have soled my shoes with it (they would have lasted 10 years) . Lunch OK . Evening Meal was no where near the 2012 STANDDARD . 3 out of 10 for evening meal.

2  Thank 20morton
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Stayed at tasia maris gardens on the 6/10/13 for a week with my partner and 22 month old daughter. Arrived at the apartments 11pm where we were greeted by Thomas the night receptionist. We quickly checked in and made our way to our room. I emailed a few weeks before asking for a pool view and this is what we were given (room 3a). My daughter squealed with delight when she woke up in the morning and saw the pool through the patio window.

The apartment complex is smaller than some places we have visited with around 40 rooms surrounding the pool with a few more above the reception area. Due to the size, you do get a more personal touch with the staff who knew our names after a few days. There also seemed to be more families talking to each other than other holidays we have been on.

The apartment was spacious with a well equipped kitchen and a living area which had a Tv with several channels. Air-con was chargeable in this room at €6 a day, but free in the bedroom. We had a large double bed and our daughter had a standard travel cot. The bed was very firm so it did take a few nights to adapt. I paid the weekly rate of €10 for the safe.

The pool was a nice size but extremely cold, my daughter did go in a few times but her teeth would chatter for a few minutes after coming out. Luckily we were blessed with lovely weather and didn't see a cloud the entire week.

Food and drink we found to be good for all inclusive albeit a smaller selection than some of the bigger hotels we have visited. Lovely breakfast every morning consisting of the usual fruits, cereals, croissants, doughnuts, cakes and of course fry-up. Dinner was ordered off a full menu and was a nice change to the help-yourself routine. I tried the kebabs, burger, greek salad, chicken wings and omelette - all very tasty. Very large portions so no need to snack throughout the day. Evening meal had a nice selection every night. The beef was gorgeous, but only saw it once. One night there was sweet & sour and spare ribs etc which i enjoyed. For fussy eaters, there were chips, nuggets etc every night. Beer was carlsberg or leon and was icy cold and really refreshing. However, I would have liked to have a larger glass (pint) as 3 gulps and it was gone. A selection of around 20 cocktails available which were quite tasty, but no mojito which was a shame. Wine wasnt the best in my opinion so we avoided this.

We would spend every morning at sandy bay which was the nearest beach just 5 minutes away. Lovely clean sand and turquoise water which was lovely for sunbathing and paddling. Sunbed/parasol charged at €2.50 each. We also went to nissi beach for a walk one day which was equally as nice but much busier. We prefer a low-key vibe so preferred our local beach. We would then spend the afternoon by the pool so would always manage to find 2 sunbeds in the sun. I can imagine this may be more difficult in the summer months.

The staff were all really friendly and would fuss over my daughter which she loved. Nigel and Craig were great and would always have a high chair ready for my little one.

The location is great with many bars and restaurants on the doorstep. There is a large supermarket opposite the apartments which is handy for water etc. Ayia napa is a 15 minute walk either on the road or the coastal path. Nissi beach can be reached in about the same time in the opposite direction.

Overall, no real problems to report, however, the rooms could benefit from a refurb which is why I have deducted 1 star. For example, there was limescale on the shower head. Also, there was no plug in the bath to wash my daughter. We did ask reception for one but when it came it was too big and would pop out. One morning, there was a power cut which meant going to breakfast without a shower and then finding the restaurant was affected too; this meant no coffee/juice and luke-warm breakfast. However this was a oneoff and it was resolved by 9:30am.

We will definitley return when visiting cyprus in the future and have already recommended it to family and friends.

6  Thank simyrhi
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Came for the first time in may and had such a good holiday ,returned for 2 weeks in October, there was a bottle of sparkling wine in our apartment with a welcome back note. this is a great place for families and couples. Located half way between Ayia napa and nissi beach.. Small, comfortable,
self contained fully equipped apartment which are cleaned daily and well maintained. . Free air conditioning in the bedroom. we were on an all inclusive package. Lots of choice and good quality food. all the staff are very helpful, friendly, and very efficient.There is a pool and sunbathing area,although we used the beach (3minutes walk) every day, great for snorkelling.A great value holiday.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple