“DONT GO THERE”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fustes
Warrington, United Kingdom
“DONT GO THERE”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Where do I start....we arrived on the 5th January to very basic apartment, The shower, well if that is what you can call it, went cold after 3 mins, so you had to be quick.
well I could just go on and on and on. Andreas our entertainment guy, only had one thing in his mind, having as much time off as possible. The food was NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. The cleanliness of the hotel is just ok, our towels changed only twice in a week. I would have to say to anyone with any morals please do not stay at this hotel. The only thing that made it bearable was some of the people we met i.e David an Sheryl & Amelia, Brian an Cath (the scousers who did help get the food better with their complains), Babs an Chris (even tho they wasnt at our hotel). The town is a good 40 min walk, the beer was weak, you had to keep hold of the same glass because they ran out and the was only 20 to 40 people there!!!
Well you have been warned, I think some of the good reviews have been made up, I could write a book on the reasons not to go but you can always go and make the same mistake we did. Tina & Steve

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Where do I start....we arrived on the 21st December 2011 to a dirty apartment, dirty sheets and ants. After complaining for 3 days we eventually got the room cleaned and some new sheets and thats only because I took them off myself and threw them on the reception desk. The shower, well if that is what you can call it, dripped like a leaking tap so took us 30 mins just to get the shampoo out of our hair. The toilet when flushed stayed on and you had to take it off yourself. The bathroom taps over the sink came out in your hand......well I could just go on and on and on, basically it was terrible. Antonio and Andreas are lovely people but really should not be working for such a place, wasted in my opinion. The hotel manager offered us a Christmas dinner to apologise for the inconvenience and stupidly me and my husband took him up on his offer.....omg the food was dreadful, cold and overcooked, not to say the amount of flies that was on it. The cleanliness of the hotel is dreadful, our towels changed only twice in a week and again only because we complained, the sheets only the once which I did 3 days after arriving and the room was only cleaned twice because my husband requested it be done. I would have to say to anyone with any morals please do not stay at this hotel.
Chell & Daz

Room Tip: There is no good rooms in this hotel, we was amongst many who complained the week we was there.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle D
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel from the 23 December until 30 December 2011, we were self catering. Well what can I say .... The apartments were not 3 star, they were very basic, very tatty and old looking.The apartment had no oven,no grill, no toaster,or microwave, just two hobs to cook on! we found the cutlery and plates dirty The apartment wasn't very clean it needed a good sweep and a mop.The first night we arrived I was itching all over, I believe the bed sheets had not been changed as they smelt a bit musty. I'm glad I wasn't all inclusive as there was not much variety of food. After showering the hot water goes cold after 15 mins of using it, and then it comes out in drips.....Apart from that the staff were very friendly, the evening entertainment was basic but good . Fernando the manager was very approachable and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Gina P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed at the Horizonte Bay hotel 12th December 2011 with 2 friends. We were all happy with the apartements and layout of the hotel and pool were nice. The entertainment guy was good and the staff were all helpful and friendly. The bar ran out of wine on several occasions and as it was all my friend drank we were not amused as we had all paid all inclusive. The draw back was the food it was dreadful Sull the cook (he was lovely) did his best but it was still terrible.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank elzagallagher
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 December 2011

Stayed All-Inclusive from 21st November to 5th December, 2011. For the first two days the restaurant seemed to be in disarray - then enter "Sail", a hardworking lad who had been visiting his family in Senegal for 2 weeks. You wouldn't have believed the difference in the tidyness and cleanliness of the restaraunt area, or the difference in the presentation of the food after his return. He takes great pride in his work (whether it be in the restaurant or when he is working one of the bars). I hope his employers read this Review, as I know all other guests staying at Horizonte Bay noticed his prescence, and I hope his hard work will be rewarded??
The decor and furniture in the apartments may have seemed a little bit dated, however they were clean and there was always a supply of clean towels and toilet tissue. Due to the fact we were there for 2 weeks we weren't unduly perturbed by the fact the cleaners actually came in only two days - as we were in the apartment a couple of days when they arrived, and we told them not to worry. However, they left clean towels outside our apartment every other day.
Unfortunately it would seem the supply of Wine and Spirits is ferried in from Head Office in Gran Canaria (possibly once a month), and as I had read in previous Reviews before our arrival, there was a tendency to run out of Brandy, Vodka and Gin and then wait for the next shipment. After six days without Brandy, I took the initative to drive up to Lidl and buy 2 litres of Local Brandy and present the bottles and receipt to Antonio (on Reception) who "ran it through his Manager" to authorise putting these behind the bar - and re-imbursing me for the cost of the bottles - so it all worked out in the end!!
As my wife and I don't eat fish or pasta and aren't keen on the bland Spanish sauces, we only ate Breakfast onsite and then bought a meal "out" later in the day, either in Caleta or round the corner at Villa Pizza (they do serve English favourites as well as a selection of Pizzas!!). Rich who was in charge at Villa Pizza will make you more than welcome.We would be happy to have him as our local Landlord back in England.
As I mentioned, we didn't eat a great deal in the restaurant, so made a few visits to Lidl at Peurto del Rosario (as I had a Rental Car for the duration of the holiday), where we bought fresh Baguettes, Cream Crackers,Tomatoes and Cream Cheese - and Local Brandy of course!! Due to the resorts remoteness, I would suggest hiring a car if you are going to stay for more than a week, as this will give you the opportunity to explore the island. I would recommend hiring online via Holiday Autos in advance - it cost me £126 for 12 days. If the fuel terms are "full tank out and full tank on return", just watch if it is Orlando Rentals as their Receptionist tried to relieve me of 55 euros for half a tank and told me to return it empty - so be warned. When I pointed out his mistake he corrected this.
The staff at Horizonte Bay were always pleasant and helpful. Special thanks to Andres the Activities Co-Ordinator who worked hard to get everyone involved, whether it was tennis, french boules, shooting (air rifle), killer pool and shove "whatever" during the day followed by karaoke, darts or a quiz in the evening. Goodness knows how he remembered everyones names - but he did.
All-in-all the holiday was worth the money - we may not have ate much on site, but at least we could drink what we wanted, when we wanted up until the inclusive drinks ended at 10 o'clock at night (and if you can't drink enough between 10 in the morning and 10 at night, there must be something wrong with you!!).
During the two weeks we were there, we saw a lot of faces "come and go" and thankfully most of the guests were friendly - Russ, Murray, Carol, the couples from Minehead, Burnham-on-sea, Birmingham and others who helped to make our holiday a pleasant one. Thank You!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank Ray J
stockport
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Just got back on Sunday evening and must say what a great value holiday my partner and i had.If your looking for 5 star food and accomodation do everyone a favour and dont go.If you want basic clean rooms,helpful staff,food thats fine,then just book it.
Ok slight niggles.Once or twice the bar ran out of brandy.The pool was very cold.Thats it.
A walk along the sea front into town is a 40 min stroll,stunning views and lots of chipmonks.
Top tip,the bars stops all inclusive drinks at 10pm so dont go up at 9.55pm as their is a rush.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank hilly1961
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 November 2011

hi,just returned from the hotel horizonte bay,and was pleasantly surprised by how compact it is,ALL apartments face the pool area,staff are kind and polite,considering they must be on a very tight budget due to limited food and beveridge stock available,but there is always something to eat and drink,considering the cost of my holiday,i could never have been dissapointed,i got what i wanted and expected,my own room was fine,a few ants in the sitting room area,but a quick blast of hugo boss and they were gone :),but sufficient for a solo traveler as myself, a quick hello to all the wonderful people i met ,guests and staff,andres included,HI ALL :)YOU ALL KNOW WHO YOU ARE :),if you are out and about,there are a few bars and shops close by or a short taxi journey to town, or a 20/30 minute walk along the coastal path,??WARNING????,to anyone walking this route with young children to be vigilant at all times.i walked this route one morning,which is pleasant with a nice strong breeze on sunny days,however,this path is only a few metres from the cliff edges in places,AND with no fencing or barriers !!!chipmonks come up FROM & AROUND the perimiters to be fed nuts etc so an unseen curious child wondering to get a closer view of these cute little things could lead to disaster,better safe than sorry....overall tho,a nice hotel,could do with reflective curtains on the patio doors to deter the sun,.my front room was like an oven.but no big deal as i was outside enjoying the company of fellow guests...would i return to this little complex ? absolute yes,( in november ),in the high of summer !!( no chance,)unless they install air/con :),3 stars!!maybe the rooms, the dining room !!! hmm , Im going to defer on that, because the staff are trying.but dont worry folks,you wont starve.

Room Tip: any room which has been maintained should be no problem at all.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
11 Thank bigruss s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fustes
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace
Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace
#2 of 13 in Playa de Jandia

Been to Aparthotel Horizonte Bay? Share your experiences!