“What do you want for £300 pounds for one week all inc?”

Aparthotel Horizonte Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fustes
Glasgow
“What do you want for £300 pounds for one week all inc?”
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Arrived 6th Jan, staff always friendly and helpful, rooms are basic and a bit out of date -our shower was fine but others did complain.Bed was fine and towels sheets etc changed regularly. Food was what we expected for what we paid ,having been on more expensive holidays I thought this hotel was good value for money. Breakfast was good, lunch and dinner average, but considering the budget this hotel is on they done pretty well as far as we are concerned, some people paid only £240 - what do you really want for that ?? I can only say we had a pleasant stay, Sall,Andreas,Oscar,Omar and all reception staff,cleaners were all really nice. If you are over fussy about almost everything and dont want to spend any money do not go to all inc to a 3 star hotel. Thanks to all the staff and to the lovely people we met ... Carol and John Merrigan Glasgow .

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank CarolMGlasgow

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The staff were all pleasant and helpful , but the beds were like sleeping on the rocks where the chipmunks slept , the FOOD was worse than AWFUL, school meals and hospital meals are al a carte compared to this the veal from monday night was added to the spaghetti on tues night for another dish { are we stupid that we would not notice this } NO DONT THINK SO. we go on holiday about 4 times a year and have never experienced anything like this , we were not the only people with these comments , I thought all inclusive meant food 3 times a day , they said bar food between 12.30 and 2pm , still waiting to see this, although you got a burger or hot dog at 4 oclock , if you ask for more than 1 , the looks you get is of disgust was enough to put you off , we ate out and we recommend tony romas , { Different Class}, will think twice before booking another holiday and will make sure to do more research as I thought i had , the reviews i read before I went , were all good and positive , dont know who they paid to write them but hope they got paid well .

Room Tip: balcony above
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elaine Y
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Well all i can say is for £300 a head all in for a week what are you expectation i know i cant go to blackpool for the weekend without spending that

So lets get down too it
ROOMS
looking there age my shower was adequate but some said theirs ran cold
TV
was ok 2 news channels rest were foriegn as usual.
POOL
well the water was freezing only the brave and drunk dare enter but it made the sun most welcome.
DRINKS
well like most places you go they just dont want you to drink too much of their free alcohol so they came up with an ingenious way of doing this just giving you small plastic cups but remember you can go and top them up as much as you want lol.
FOOD
BREAKFAST
you couldn't want for more probably the best meal of the day every day without fail
LUNCH
seamed ok we only ate this 3 times as we were usualy out at this time
BAR MEALS
normaly served about 1600 this seamed to be very good as for them that couldn't eat lunch always ate the burgers and sausage
DINNER
this seamed adequate to me but if you didn't like the choices on offer just ask sall and he would gladly bring you some ham and cheese to put with the salad

STAFF

SALL

well all i can say is he tried his best to please everyone always had a smile on his face and never seamed to stop working

ANDREAS

very pleasent around all afternoon and was often seen taking his pint of ice and coke back to his room around midnight where he got the pint mug from was a closely guarded secret

FERNANDO

when not sorting out the days problems always had a smile

ANNA

reception was her home a nice pleasent woman again always seen with a smile

OSCAR

barman again with he simes as he handed you your tiny cups

BEDDING AND TOWELS
sheets where changed twice during are stay and the towels 3 times no complaits there

CHIPMONK PATH
the stroll down to the main town takes take about 40 mins unless you take your mother inlaw then this can take as long as 2 hours feeding her beloved CHIPMONKS and DOVES but its a pleasent walk who's in a rush

In all had a pleasent stay i went there for the sun and that was mission achieved

Pete & Sam

Room Tip: Take nuts for the walk down the chipmonks dont bite Ask Sall for anything he will do is best
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank peter g
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Where do I start....we arrived on the 5th January to very basic apartment, The shower, well if that is what you can call it, went cold after 3 mins, so you had to be quick.
well I could just go on and on and on. Andreas our entertainment guy, only had one thing in his mind, having as much time off as possible. The food was NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT. The cleanliness of the hotel is just ok, our towels changed only twice in a week. I would have to say to anyone with any morals please do not stay at this hotel. The only thing that made it bearable was some of the people we met i.e David an Sheryl & Amelia, Brian an Cath (the scousers who did help get the food better with their complains), Babs an Chris (even tho they wasnt at our hotel). The town is a good 40 min walk, the beer was weak, you had to keep hold of the same glass because they ran out and the was only 20 to 40 people there!!!
Well you have been warned, I think some of the good reviews have been made up, I could write a book on the reasons not to go but you can always go and make the same mistake we did. Tina & Steve

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Where do I start....we arrived on the 21st December 2011 to a dirty apartment, dirty sheets and ants. After complaining for 3 days we eventually got the room cleaned and some new sheets and thats only because I took them off myself and threw them on the reception desk. The shower, well if that is what you can call it, dripped like a leaking tap so took us 30 mins just to get the shampoo out of our hair. The toilet when flushed stayed on and you had to take it off yourself. The bathroom taps over the sink came out in your hand......well I could just go on and on and on, basically it was terrible. Antonio and Andreas are lovely people but really should not be working for such a place, wasted in my opinion. The hotel manager offered us a Christmas dinner to apologise for the inconvenience and stupidly me and my husband took him up on his offer.....omg the food was dreadful, cold and overcooked, not to say the amount of flies that was on it. The cleanliness of the hotel is dreadful, our towels changed only twice in a week and again only because we complained, the sheets only the once which I did 3 days after arriving and the room was only cleaned twice because my husband requested it be done. I would have to say to anyone with any morals please do not stay at this hotel.
Chell & Daz

Room Tip: There is no good rooms in this hotel, we was amongst many who complained the week we was there.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Michelle D
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Stayed at the hotel from the 23 December until 30 December 2011, we were self catering. Well what can I say .... The apartments were not 3 star, they were very basic, very tatty and old looking.The apartment had no oven,no grill, no toaster,or microwave, just two hobs to cook on! we found the cutlery and plates dirty The apartment wasn't very clean it needed a good sweep and a mop.The first night we arrived I was itching all over, I believe the bed sheets had not been changed as they smelt a bit musty. I'm glad I wasn't all inclusive as there was not much variety of food. After showering the hot water goes cold after 15 mins of using it, and then it comes out in drips.....Apart from that the staff were very friendly, the evening entertainment was basic but good . Fernando the manager was very approachable and helpful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Gina P
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Stayed at the Horizonte Bay hotel 12th December 2011 with 2 friends. We were all happy with the apartements and layout of the hotel and pool were nice. The entertainment guy was good and the staff were all helpful and friendly. The bar ran out of wine on several occasions and as it was all my friend drank we were not amused as we had all paid all inclusive. The draw back was the food it was dreadful Sull the cook (he was lovely) did his best but it was still terrible.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank elzagallagher
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fustes
Barcelo Fuerteventura Thalasso Spa
Sheraton Fuerteventura Beach, Golf & Spa Resort
Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace
Iberostar Fuerteventura Palace
#2 of 13 in Playa de Jandia

Been to Aparthotel Horizonte Bay? Share your experiences!