“The most terrible holiday in my life”

Aparthotel Horizonte Bay
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fustes
Reviewed 17 September 2009

That was The most terrible holiday in my life. We've stayed for 7 days, our room hasn't been cleaned at all. had 3 rubbish bins full + rubbish on a floor. Once when we came back from the beach(which is 30min walk away), we found clean linen in the rubbish bag outside apartment. Spoke with manager, he was very rude, shouted and told us if we are not happy, we can fly home straight away, more over he told that service in hotels in London is rub****. Staff moody, no smile at all. Breakfast is ok. Lunch - ok, dinner - reheated lunch. Wouldn#t go back and recomend to friends

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrStanly

Reviewed 21 July 2009

We got dropped off the Piramide hotel, basically in the middle of a bomb site to good to describe it as a building site, the apartments were terrible infact the only good thing about the place was the 3 working staff who all worked separate shifts, The food was ok but if you got there to late there was nothing left.

The next day got a hire car at 9am and drove to Corralejo and booked into another apartment which was fantastic, we were lucky to get all our accommodation money back and had a fantastic time.

So to put it in a nut shell this hotel should be closed, I feel sorry for the future holiday makers who get stuck there.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2009

I stayed in La Piramide for a week with my disabled son aged 5. He really enjoyed the swimming pool and it was safe to make him play there under a supervision.The pool was cleaned every morning. The staff of the hotel made our holiday unforgetable and relaxing. Big thank you to Nadia, Daniela and David who were very helpful and always avalible for residents. Nothing seams to be a problem when you ask them. As my child has a special diatery requirments (gluten and diary free) I worried about all inclusive. But there was enough choice to cater for his needs most of the time.Anna, the cook ,was briliant and whenever I asked her she would prepere something especially for my son.There is a substantial walk to the beach when you are with a small child but there is a transport there and back (thank you to the lady from the shop who droped me to the beach every day). I really worried after i read the reviews but belive me it was safe and beatyful place.There was nice mixture of people young and older couples,families, english, Spanish, Portugese people. I think it was high standard for 2 stars. The only thing that I would improve is security around pool (lack of fencing). Oh! and very rude manager who came for few days and made everybody misrable including telling to send my 5 year old for a drink to the bar. Well, Rafael get a life mate and start appreciate your workers because they make that place. I cant wait my next holiday in La piramide. Sandra

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2009

i never write a review but i feel that i owe it to any other unfortunate souls who may be reading this planning to go to the piramide. the hotel is in a derelict resedential location with nothing around it, ( yes we did go out but had to travel by taxi to next town e5 a time ) i do believe in you get what you pay for, but here we paid for AI and did not get the AI buffet for any meal, when we did get food cooked it was left for some time uncovered, unheated so cold. after spending 3 nights here and failing to rectify the situation we decided it was best to move hotel.

there was no people in or around the complex during the 3 nights we spent here apart from 2spanish locals with a dog. we felt secluded and vulnerable.

having had to pay to eat out we made our way to one of the 3 places to go ('the chippy') and spoke to the english owner who advied us not to go out after dark due to muggings.

there was 1 shop which sold basic essentials (mainly frozen food) and 3 bars.

hotel and its facilities are basic but you get what you pay for!!

several people who have reviewed this hotel spaek of staff who were helpful and would do anything for you.we found the receptionist come bar person come cleaner at her most helpful when we told her we wanted to leave the hotel, only then was she helpful and could not do enough for us,

fuertaventura itself was a very nice place to visit and we will def go back to the island in the future, just not nuevo horizonte.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2009

this hotel is about a 25 minute walk from Caleta de Fuste. It look like the area has been in recession for years the lesuire park is closed, most of the shops have shut bar one and the pub, and you are surrounded by empty apartments. The hotels its self had no entertainment apart form a man with a guitar one evening. The bar closed at 10 not good for All inclusive.The resturant reminded us of a soup kitchen, yes you could find somthing to eat but should you have to do this on holiday? On the up side the rooms were clean and spaciuos and surounded the pool. If you are self catering and hire a car this place is fine if you get a reasonable price if you are wanting any thing more look else were, and All inclusive really do not go here you will be disapointed and very bored

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I never read reviews I just go and hope for the best, however I wish someone would have warned me. We paid 400GBP for our all inclusive holiday the food was poor and one day the hot plate was not working and was served cold food, big food hygiene issue!!! I normayy have 2 glasses and im on the floor, I drank all day every day and the booze never touched me, never saw them open a new bottle, there was mould in the bathroom and on the walls, not very clean at all. Some people go every year to this same hotel, obviously people who are not well travelled and do not expect much got their money, in a diar location!!! This is not a 3 * hotel it is 2 keys, the rating they give you is tour operators guide.
When we complained to out rep, arrival day satuday, she did not come to see us till the thursday we went home saturday!!! POOR!!! never known a service like it. Will not be ever visiting this resort again.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank emma2009Fuertventura
Reviewed 7 May 2009

We read the reviews before we left and we booked it as a cheap and chearfull get away so we werent expecting much. But when we got there the apartment was a large, the staff were excellent so Thank you to Martin, Havid, Nadina & Daniella you were all very helpfull and lovely people to meet you made us all feel at home.
The area is quite as it seems the economic crisis as hit the area hard, but peace and quite is what we wanted and the chipmunks down the road were great fun to go and see, the island itself is beautifull!
The food at the hotel was mostly traditional spanish food which was lovely and we enjoyed every meal, The pool was abit on the cold side and definitely refreshing to say the least..lol!
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and Havid your postcard is on the way!
I would definitely recomend this hotel to friends and I wish all the success in the future to the hotel and hope that things start to pick up.
Thank you again for a lovely time..

Love Stacey, Chris, Simon & James! x

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fustes
Melia Gorriones Fuerteventura
10 mi away
La Piramide
La Piramide
#3 of 4 in Costa de Antigua
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort
Barcelo Castillo Beach Resort
#6 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste

Been to Aparthotel Horizonte Bay? Share your experiences!