“Making maximum ££ in short season”
Review of Aquabrava

Aquabrava
London
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Making maximum ££ in short season”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Well.... this was my very first water park and I have wanted to go to one since I was about 6. Now have two of my own, (nearly) 3 and 5. Luckily my 5 year old is very game and up for all the slides she was tall enough for. She was frustrated that she wasn't able to go on some of them, as she is small for her age, but I guess the line has to be drawn somewhere...

The area for children under 1.2 meters is really nice but there's a couple of big 'buts' - why on earth aren't adults allowed to accompany small children onto the slides? Not many little ones would go on these on their own. For those that will go alone, they will have to walk up to the top of the slides on their own if you wanted to catch them at the bottom - I felt v uncomfortable leaving my not quite 3 year old to do this as the view to the top was obscured in many cases by vegetation. It seemed to me like an accident waiting to happen. Child could easily wander off and end up alone near water.... not good.

We were really peeved by the extra charges for lockers (3 eur plus 5 deposit, cash only), extra charge for sun loungers (2.5 per lounger) and the price of the truly execrable food. A bottle of coke was 2.50. All this on top of an entry fee of e27 per adult, and e17 for each child.

It really has a feel of a place where they are trying so hard to make £££. It's a bit brazen. I presume this is why the wave pool is only on for 5 minutes every half hour - as when the waves were on, there were a LOT of staff in attendance. Most of the staff were nice, though.

All in all, it could be so much better, but perhaps the running costs of such an operation are high, hence the squeeze-the-customer ethos.

The pools needed a really good clean - it must be hard to keep them sparkling with all the overhanging pines and other vegetation, but the lazy river was particularly murky.

3 Thank Laura999
AQUABRAVA, Director Comercial at Aquabrava, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Dear client,

I apologize if the park was not according to your expectations.
We work all the year round to offer our clients a high level of quality and I know for sure that a high number of our clients are satisfied with our water park.
I guess you had a bad experience, and I wanted to know more details in order to solve it.

For safety reasons, some rides have restrictions regarding height, age or physical conditions. We are members of the World Waterparks Association and also of the IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attrractions), and our rules of use of attractions are according to these Associations.
However, I will supervise your big “buts” about the use of children areas, because our aim is having satisfied customers.
For the extra charges you mentionned, I think it is not abusive to have a safe for 3€, our lockers are specially secure, with a video surveillance system, as well. But, not all our clients take a locker, this is not obligatory, but is reccommended. Fort he sun loungers, is the same, not obligatory, there are extensive green areas to place towels and are comfortables too. The price of sun loungers is the same for the last 7 or 8 years.
The cost of the entrance fee I understand that could be expensive for a whole family, but we improve our park every year , and we built a new attraction every 2 years. We are a park in continuous expansion and enviromentally conscious. We think that we offer a correct ratio quality-price.

The wave pool: It is true that costs of electricity are really high but this is not the reason to offer waves 5 minuts every 20 minuts or 30 minuts (it depends on the season). 5 minuts waves can be tiring for not good swimmers and children, and it is the normal time that other water parks offers in their wave pool.

Respecting the cleaning, we clean every pool and attraction every day before the park opens and during the day our maintenance staff take care of the whole park. It is true that we have a lot of vegetation and also every day the wind flows, so, it is difficult to have all pools without a leaf..I am sorry for it. I also have to tell you that here the water contains minerals and sometimes you can see slides a little bit brown, but I ensure you that they are not dirty.

I hope I have answer to your feedback and we sincerely, appreciate your opinion.

Best regards,

Maribel López • Commercial Department • maribel.ld@aquabrava.com • Park Acuatic Roses, S.A.

Rochester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good value”
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Plenty to do, lot of slides and activities for all ages. My own gripe was that they charge you for sun beds.

1 Thank 219AmandaS
AQUABRAVA, Director Comercial at Aquabrava, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Thank you for your opinion.

However, we are sorry if you found the charge for sunbeds high. I have to say that this price is the same for the last 7 years...

Regards,

Commercial Department · Park Acuatic Roses, S.A. · Roses · maribel.ld@aquabrava.com
Brighton, UK
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great for kids of all ages”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We drove here from Estartit for the day with 5 kids aged between 10 and 14. They all had a great time with slides suitable for all, and even the younger children have their own area where big kids are not allowed (under 1.2m tall). Food and drinks are reasonably priced but you cannot take your own and they search your bags to make sure you are not sneaking some in.
It was a great day out, expensive admission but worth it for a special treat. Queues were not excessive and even though it was mid August it was not overcrowded. The wave pool was not switched on much though. Definitely worth a visit.

1 Thank sarahmedsec
Thank you for your opinion.

We try to offer our clients a high level of quality in attractions and services. We work all the year round improving our facilities.

Thank you again.

We hope to see you back again!

Regards,

Commercial Department · Park Acuatic Roses, S.A. · maribel.ld@aquabrava.com
Cork
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 114 helpful votes
“Better of the two”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We went to 2 water parks while staying in L'Estartit. We visited this one and Aqua Diver. This is the better of the two for the following reasons:
-We booked our tickets at Panorama in L'Estartit and for this one we jumped the queue and went straight to the entrance gate. At Aqua Diver, even though we booked also through Panorama, we had to queue for an hour in the heat
- The queues for the slides were much shorter here
- the food is reasonable and baguettes are available if you aren't interested in greasy food (you cannot bring in your own food or drink to this park. That is the only plus point for Aqua Diver. You can bring your own picnic which is advisable because the food is extremely dear there)
- some great rides for the not too adventurous kids as well as plenty for the teenagers

1 Thank ElsaCork
Dear customer,

thanks for your opinion, it is really important for us to know how satisfied are our clients.

We try to offer the better deal to our clients, and to reduce the queues, however it could be difficult in the high season.

In Aquabrava, for higyene reasons, the pick nick is not allowed. This enterprise policy was taken to to keep the park cleener. For guests who arrive with their own car and want to eat outside, or for those who want to eat in their appartment or hotel, the exit is not definitive.

Directora Comercial · Park Acuatic Roses, S.A. · maribel.ld@aquabrava.com
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Moody staff”
Reviewed 6 July 2013 via mobile

I caught a taxi to the park with a few friends which took an hour from costa brava. We arrived about 10.30 and the majority of the slides didnt open till 12. The lazy river was extremely boring. And the staff never smile, speak to you and blow their whistle or shout at you for the most ridiculous things. For example, we missed the whistle to go down a slide and the lifeguard shouted at us and wanted us to be removed! I was excited about the artificial wave machine, however it was only put on for 5 minutes every half an hour. The water was filthy too, leaves and bugs floating in each pool. The only good things were the variety of slides and the food was reasonably priced. Can't say I'd visit again, especially for €34.

Visited June 2013