“Wow”

Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Roses
New York, New York, United States
“Wow”
Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

We found this hotel by mistake and we loved it!!! The decks and views were awesome. A small walk to a small public beach was just as nice.
The food was ok not great. There 5 Starr restaurant was a little to over the top but worth the experience.
Great little town and some great windy dirt roads to explore.

I would give this a excellent review but the food lost it a star

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
VistabellaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vistabella, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear Guest “DarrellKC”,

We thank you for your visit and your kind words about our property. The whole team at Vistabella is very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our main goal.

Very much looking forward to welcome you again at Vistabella in the future, hoping to convince you then on our gastronomy and different restaurant choices.

The Vistabella team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The Vistabella hotel got my attention through some smashing reviews. I was looking for the best hotel in the region and would dare say I´m disappointed. The hotel brands itself as an exclusive boutique style resort and is supposedly a five star. I would rate it an exceedingly highly priced three star. My first impression, the reception area is too small. The whole entrance area is strangely configured, and the staff appeared inexperienced and slow. The standard type room we got was a big disappointment. Despite some attempts at a stylish touch, the furniture was unstylish, old and worn, the lighting was too harsh and the air condition barely seemed to work.
The out door area was nice, but cramped. And prices for a drink were absolutely out of this world.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Astrosphinx
Dear Guest "Misha B",

First of all we would like to thank you for your visit and for reviewing our property. We apologize if the hotel hasn't been of your convenience.
We want to let you know that the Vistabella is a small boutique hotel with a total of 34 rooms, classified in 8 different categories in order to fit the needs of our guests. Some of them are Modern style and others are of a traditional Mediterranean style. We kindly suggest all our customers to carefully choose the right option before booking, which suits best by checking the pictures online. We believe that the Modern style rooms would have been a better option for you.

We would like to remark all customers to kindly inform us about any concerns related to the hotel while they are still staying with us, as we will try our best to solve any issues and hopefully improve your highly valued stay.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back at Vistabella in the future, if we could, by any chance, change your mind, maybe during low/mid season months, when prices are more affordable and the hotel is less crowded.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have been fortunate in being able to stay at hotels all over the world and the Vistabella offers one of the best expereinces that I have had. The welcome, the valet parking, the courtesy and charm of the staff from start to finish was truly outstanding. This warmth of the staff is matched by the ambiance created within this luxurius hotel and its surrounds. The multi-purpose sunlounger "beds" were unique and exceptionally comfortable. The quality and variety of the food at all of the restaurants was world class. The michelin start Els Brancs restaurant was a true adventure -with the best food, creatively designed and fabulously presented.
The room was very comfortable and the view from the terrace.......something I used to enjoy waking up to....
The only downside about staying here is that it was very hard to leave!
I will be going back....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gordon H
VistabellaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vistabella, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Guest "Gordon H",

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the Vistabella for your vacations in Roses.
We really appreciate the time you took to review our property. We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us and enjoyed all the facilities and restaurants.

The whole staff at Vistabella is already very much looking forward to your next visit.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can assist you with anything you may need.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The Vistabella at Roses was exactly what my family needed after spending 2 weeks traveling through Italy and France. The terrace with its very comfortable beds is ideal for relaxation while sunning, overlooking the bay. The views are breathtaking. Their is an indoor pool which is small but accommodating. They also have a sauna and steam room. The restaurants are very good and all have the same views of the bay. Their is a nice bar which makes great Gin and Tonics and other tasty drinks. The staff is very attentive and very friendly. The rooms are modest but nicely decorated with a beach theme. The beach is a nice option, though small it still works very well. We often took walks along the coast which gave us amazing views. We couldn't believe that we could walk this coastline and just jump into the Sea for a swim. It was awesome!!!

Room Tip: Get a sea view room. Its worth it!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest "DCRan",

We would like to thank you for taking your time to review our property.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the different facilities at the hotel.
We would be very happy to welcome you again at Vistabella in the future.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great location, amazing view... the staff was nice and really attentive, we had penthouse suite which are quite new and on top of the hotel and it was really beautiful - spaceful, nice modern decor, large terrace with sunbeds and jaccuzzi...We had dinner in Michelin star Els Branc restaurant and it was very nice experience with interesting food and and again great staff and some nice surprises (try Steak Tartar VE as dessert...).
Beach is small but very romantic and nice with clean water.
We have really enjoyed 4 days there and I would recommend this hotel mainly for couples who would like to relax and enjoy themselves in very romantic getaway..
Vaclav

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
VistabellaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vistabella, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Guest "Doc-Smurfie",

The whole staff is delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We would be very happy to welcome you again at Vistabella in the future.

Europe
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Hello to everybody. First, I need to say that this review is a bit overdue as I stayed here last year in the late summer. I was now booking my vacation for this year and the reviews on TA helped me so much that I decided to write this review hoping it will also similarly help other travelers and perhaps the management of the hotel.

We stayed at VB with a friend of mine for about 5 nights, I think. I must say I loved the stay and would definitely recommend it to others. Nevertheless, I summarize below some of my specific observations, facts and personal feelings, whereas some of them may indicate a room for improvement.

Staff:
The staff is lovely and very helpful. It happened to us that our toiletries in the bathroom were not replaced/supplemented (even though they should have been as the shampoo bottles etc were empty), immediately when we asked for them we got as many as shampoos and shower gels etc as we wished. The ladies in the breakfast buffet were extraordinary nice and helpful. Always with smile. For example if hey see you that are going to pour champagne to your glass, they would immediately offer that they would make it for you and bring you the glasses to your table. With a strawberry on top of it. Or e.g. when we came to the hotel, all restaurants were already closed. But the staff immediately offered to us something to eat and drink pursuant to our requests just to make sure we feel well: that was, indeed, a nice gesture.

Food: The breakfast buffet is wonderful: fresh fruit, yogurts, all kinds of egg dishes including lovely omelettes made just pursuant to your order, french toasts, bacon, cheese, vegetables....everything. And, as said: champagne for breakfast if you wish;-) Other restaurants: Els Brancs is of course top and the fact that it has a Michelin star is well visible. We ate there once for a dinner, I had a 6 course tasting menu and the friend of mine ordered a la carte. I recommend to order the 6 course (or even the bigger one) tasting menu. It is well worth the money and experience. The restaurant is situated on the terrace with a wonderful view at the sea and town (on the right side). Service is excellent. Lovely dinner! The restaurant at the beach: it has a great beach atmosphere. You can go there directly from the beach in your swimming suit (with some longer T-short over it or so). I would say it has what you would expect from a beach restaurant: you need to wait quite a while in order to get a table but in the meanwhile you can enjoy drinks and relax. And as you are on holiday and beach there is no need to hurry so I did not mind that at all. The prices are a little bit high compared to the quality of food but not outrageous. And well, this is, again, nothing strange that the prices are higher at hotel restaurants and on holiday you simply count with that. The young ladies - waitresses at the beach restaurant were lovely and helpful. Always polite and always with smile. They even noticed immediately when one guest was a bit too tiresome by continuing of keeping a conversation with us and sent him politely and intelligently away. As said, one just needs to wait a bit until being served because there are so many people but I did not mind. It can happen that you share a table with other guests. Again, I did not mind: the beach restaurant had lovely and lively atmosphere, no need for being over-formalized. The food you get at the beach restaurant is good but I would not say breath taking. But fine. I loved the fresh fish. I had, however, 2 not that great experiences: I ordered once shrimps and there were not deveined. It was quite disgusting and I think it takes just a little bit more time to have this improved. The other not great experience was that folks sitting with us at the table ordered some special fish of the day or seafood (I do not recall) and they had to give it back as it was not washed properly and full of sand, what is quite unpleasant as you eat it. But when they returned the food, all went fine, the waitress accepted that with an apology - so at the end the restaurant team reacted well to the complaint and tried to accommodate the guest's request what was great. We had dinner also at Balco de Mar. That was lovely. The view from the terrace, where the restaurant is located, is lovely. The food was great (we both had some fresh fish). Nothing to complain. We did not eat at the other restaurants so I cannot comment on them.

Rooms:
I know that there are various categories of rooms and some of them are probably lovely. But the one we were in was not a 5 star room. Definitely not. I would not say it was ugly - it was not. But it was not what you would expect from a 5 star hotel. But I did not mind that much as we spent much of the time outside. What I disliked was that in the bathroom there was a bin with no cover/shield on top. The room had a balcony with a lovely view at the sea and that was great. It was great sitting there in the morning or evening with some drinks and chatting. But if you travel e.g. as a couple and expect some romantic room then I recommend to book the nicer rooms (which are, however, more expensive, of course).

Beach:
The great thing is that the beach is just at the hotel, 4 minutes walk. Water was very clean and it was great to swim in the sea. But if you are a beach lover and the beach is your biggest criterion, then this is not the best option for you - the beach is quite small. But I knew that before booking so again, I was not disappointed. Probably I would not be able to spend 19 days on that beach but for a short break it was fine. There are bed-chairs at the beach for free for the hotel guests but you need to bring them to the place you wish. You can, however, also ask some of the lovely staff at the beach bar/restaurant (there were always many people working, no lazy staff!) and he would gladly with smile bring the bed-chair wherever you like. Great is that the beach bar is really at the beach so whenever you like to have a drink or so you just go and have it.

WIFI:
Wifi was not working well. It was working just in some areas such as the breakfast restaurant/terrace.

Guests:
There were various types of guests: couples (young couples but also older ones), families with kids (but not too many, the kids were not disturbing at all), even some solo travelers and groups of friends. Generally, I would
say that the majority of guests seemed to be quite nice.

I recommend this place for a short getaway. If you wish to ask anything special, pls feel free to write me.

Room Tip: We had a standard room with terrace and sea view. I do not remember the floor, I think it was the fi...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lolivine
VistabellaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vistabella, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Guest “Lenoria”

First of all we would like to thank you for your time to review our property.
We are happy to hear that last year, when you visited us, you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our facilities.

According to your words about our staff, we want to thank you for your lovely words, the whole Vistabella team tries to do the best every day!

About your experiences in our restaurants, as you have already noticed, our 4 restaurants are completely different; you have casual and formal restaurants, each with its own culinary style and service. Unfortunately we cannot recall about your experience ordering shrimps at El Pirata as it happened about a year ago, it must have been an isolated case, as we have served many more shrimps since then. We really apologize for this and hope that the shrimps will be excellent on your next visit.
Concerning your comment about the rooms, as you already indicated, we have 8 different types of rooms, mainly divided in “Mediterranean style” and “Modern style”. All have different features, sizes, decorations and also pricing. We highly recommend our customers to carefully choose the right category, depending on personal taste and preference, by viewing the pictures before booking.
As you have mentioned, we do have a small public beach right in front of the hotel with direct access just going down a few stairs. The good thing about the small beach is that during high season months it is usually less crowded than the big beaches we have just a 2 minutes walk along the coastal path. As in Spain it is forbidden to have private beaches or so called “private areas”, we are not allowed to service the beach as we would like to.
We apologize if the Wifi was not working properly when you stayed with us. It should be working throughout the rooms and property (even at the beach bar) with good coverage and fair speed.

The whole Vistabella staff would like to thank you and will be very pleased to welcome you again in the future.

The Vistabella team.
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Chic decor. Really attentive and helpul staff - great credit to them. Balconies with great outlook. Good beach bar beside small sandy (though public) beach. Good breakfast. But food in Balcon de Mar and La Tapa restaurants uninspiring and only moderate quality. Pre-cooked vegetables ! Surprising as main restaurant is Michelin starred. Located on a tight site in a pretty ordinary area at far end of Roses, which as a town looked so unappealing we did not visit. There is at least a coastal path directly in front of the hotel on which you can stroll to the next bay North.

Overall great for a 'special' short break. For any longer recommend car hire to go further afield. Interesting trips to wonderous Dali Museum in Figueres and to Cadaque and Cap de Creus.

Room Tip: Garden rooms have no view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
VistabellaHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Vistabella, responded to this review, 5 July 2014
Dear Guest “Christ0pher_L”

First of all we would like to thank you for your time to review our property.

We are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed our facilities.
Unfortunately in Spain there is no permission for private beaches, therefore, as you mentioned correctly the beach is public.
According to your words about our restaurants, we would like to inform you that we have 4 completely different restaurants in the Vistabella. The Tapas restaurant offers simple and typical Spanish tapas; the Balcó de Mar, our Mediterranean restaurant, offering fish and seafood; the El Pirata, our beach club/restaurant; and finally our gastronomic/fine-dining restaurant Els Brancs, awarded with a Michelin star.
These culinary alternatives allow our customers to choose and try different meals throughout their stay.

The Vistabella team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Roses
Maritim
#8 of 36 in Roses
Hotel Aiguablava
Hotel Aiguablava
#5 of 14 in Begur

Been to Vistabella? Share your experiences!