“the worst client´s attitude ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tierramar

Tierramar
Ranked #1 of 8 El Arenal B&B and Inns
Barcelona, Spain
“the worst client´s attitude ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My friends and I planned to go to Mallorca and we wanted to stay in this hostal as it had a very good reviews in hostelworld. So we called them because we had some questions about bus connections to Palma. I have to admit the guy we were talking to wasn´t very kind and friendly. He wasn´t able to explain us very well the things we were asking about so we thought that maybe it will be better to hire the car and we called them again to ask if there is a place close to the hostal to park a car. The guy was even more impolite and unkind. He talked to us in a very aggresive way and started to attack us saying " You just called me 10 minutes ago and you asked about bus and now you have a car!! That´s very strange!!! We are only the hostal we don´t have a parking! That´s very strange! " I have never talked with somebody so rude and impolite. As I work at the reception I know that if I talked to the potencial guests like this I would be unemployed the next day. Definitely it was the most impolite man I have ever talked to! We only wanted to get some information and he was so rude, angry and aggresive.

I am not going to stay there never and I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT to anybody! I hope I will never meet the guy we were talking with in a real life.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank wulina

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
Drammen, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

You need just stay to rest in clean room where all you need is just apartment.. and put all your stuff - this is best hostel! good price all ok.Clean , and nothing to compare with other hostels around the area!! We liked the place, and the friendly owner! he told us all aroud where to travel and so on, where to rent car... shure we will like to visit it again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights in July 2013. I regularly stay in hostels and small hotels - I am more interested in the area than I'm in than paying for facilities that I hardly expect to use (as I intend to be out more than in).

The Hotel Tierramar was much better than was expected - the location was good for the beach, the restaurants and shops etc., and also for access to the excellent bus service. Getting too and from the airport, the City centre (the historic cultural area, or the shopping areas, or the train stations) was very easy, inexpensive, and regular. Within the hotel the breakfast was very good, the room better than expected, and their were facilities that were not mentioned in the booking information - beach towels were available, as were beach 'toys' (various inflatables and beach games), mats etc. WiFi was included free of charge.

The staff were very friendly and informative, and the other guests were generally quieter than I would have expected. The area is largely dominated by German and Dutch visitors, so it makes a welcome change to my usual plan of going somewhere to escape for a few days, only to find that the rest of Britain has had the same thought at the same time.

I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Dean2405
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2011

Rooms are extremely clean. Very close to city bus. Line 15 & 25 are just around the corner. It costs around 15€ per person for a shared room with 3 beds and a private bathroom. Oh and breakfast is included everyday from 8-10am.

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank vaniluke
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2010

Nice hostel just 50 m from the beach and close to everything needed. Clean, good ogaznized, very safe, Nice english man always there to give you cold drink and serve breakfast.

Stayed April 2010
#5 of 48 in El Arenal
Hotel Garau
Hotel Garau
#7 of 48 in El Arenal

Been to Tierramar? Share your experiences!