- Excellent room service. Very clean rooms, the beds done every day, new towels every day and also rubbish taken, sweept and washed the floor every day.
- The hotel is quite enough and noisy enough.
- Excellent location, in the middle of everything. The nice sandy beach is approx. 300 metres away, nice walk. The sea is shallow for about 100m which makes it perfect for children.
- Lovely swimming pool with free sun beds.
- Very close to Palma Airport, approx. 7 miles in straight line, or 11 miles on the road. Do not book a transfer from/to airport! It will cost you around 3 times more than the bus...
- Nice spanish area, friendly people, not many foreign stores, you can actualy feel you are in Spain.
- Supermarket at 30 m away from the hotel, literaly around the corner. There you can find everything you need extra nice and cheap, at least half price than in the shops next to the beach.
- Lovely water activities available, including diving for beginners and advanced, snorkeling, high speed boats and water jets, nice cruises, etc.
- View to the sea just from the 6th level up.
- No air conditioning in the rooms. In the afternoons there is like in the oven.
- No internet access in the rooms. However, there is free wireless internet access in the reception area.
- No fridge in the rooms, but you can hire one from them for 35 euro per week, much too expensive.
- Some of the rooms have no table in the balcony
- we had in the bathroom just 2 plastic cups, not even the same size and colour. Our friends had 2 normal glasses...
- Now, most important thing: The reastaurant.
This is one of the cheapest restaurant service I've ever had. There is surely not enough staff and/or not well organised at all. They are not smiling, and not asking you if you need anything, and if you say thanks for something most of them would not answer back. The table cloth is not changed after every use, unless is proper dirty. They just quickly wipe it and that's it, the table is "ready" to be used by the next people... Then, sometimes they run out of cups for tea/coffee, of serviettes/napkins, also in the evenings is a job to find a knife and fork. Not once we had to grab a set from another table. They don't check the dishes often enough to replace the empty ones, so you can have regularly the nasty surprise to don't find there the food which you can see on the people's plates, or you'll have to wait patiently until someone from the kitchen will finaly come to bring new food... That's quite frustrating. The quality of the food was under my expectations... I'll not say more.
This review is based on our comparison with other holidays we've had in Spain, where for the same rating hotel (3 stars), we had air conditioning, wireless internet access and mini fridge in the rooms, also the quality of food and restaurant services was just perfect.
However, if you can close your eyes for the minuses, you still can have a lovely holiday there...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The 3* hotel HSM Reina del Mar offers good quality facilities and service, as well as a lively and cheerful atmosphere. In the summer, it is popular among young people, who choose this hotel for its good price - quality relation, for being situated close to leisure area and attractive nightlife, and also for its proximity to the beach (300 m). The hotel opens from February to November. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Reina del Mar is situated in El Arenal, one of the most popular and visited resorts in Majorca. El Arenal, altogether with Playa de Palma, extends between the municipalities of Palma de Mallorca and Llucmajor and it is 4,5 km long. Its most important features are: its proximity to Palma de Mallorca (16 km) and the airport (9 km); being one of the longest and beautiful beaches in Majorca, its long sea promenade with countless bars, restaurants and shops, is ideal to go by tourist train, by bike or simply walking. The famous area of "Bierstrasse" with its vibrant nightlife is only 1,5 km away from the hotel. Impressive marine park "Palma Aquarium", one of the biggest in Europe, is situated 4 km away from the hotel. The water park "Aquacity" is situated 700 m away. The golf course Golf Son Antem is 7 km away. At its east end there is sports port Club Nautico de S'Arenal (Llucmajor). It is worth mentioning that there is an efficient public bus service to Palma de Mallorca and El Arenal, the bus stop is only 200 m away from the hotel. ROOMS: The hotel offers comfortable double and single rooms decorated with bright and lively colours. All of the rooms include a bathroom, telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and balcony. GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers half board or full board meal packages. The air conditioned restaurant offers in buffet style a big selection of hot and cold dishes, a variety of dessert and fruit. Drinks in half board and full board are not included in the price (lunch and dinner). FACILITIES: There is a terrace with a swimming pool for adults, that includes a separate space for children. The pool is surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service is available at the pool. Air conditioned bar indoors. Spacious and comfortable air conditioned common areas. CHILDREN: Swimming pool for children. Also baby cots and high chairs are available in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. Safety deposit box to rent (at the reception). WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept the following credit cards: Master Card, Visa. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Possibility to practice sports in the area, golf courses close by. Live music various times a week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your HSM Reina del Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reina Del Mar Hotel
- Reina Del Mar El Arenal
- HSM Reina Del Mar Majorca/El Arenal