“worst hotel i have stayed in”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of HSM Son Veri

HSM Son Veri
Ranked #18 of 48 Hotels in El Arenal
londoner in wales
“worst hotel i have stayed in”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

i must say this is the worst hotel i have ever stayed in,when we arrived we were give room 638 which overlooked the bin area at the back.we never got ant sun,we suffered a few days,and was moved after i was robbed of 400euros on the friday which was my 4th day. the person who stole the money must have a good root around as i had hidden it very well,and the door was left unlocked by the cleaner.the furniture was digusting i dont think they had had new since the early 90s.the food was horrible we went half board but ate out most of the time,costing me more.i havent rated the hotel on here but would rate it -5.

Room Tip: for a good room stay at another hotel
Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank welovekefalos
4409, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at HSM Son Veri, responded to this review, 14 November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments. We apologize for what happened in your room. We dispose for your security a SAFE, where you can keep all your things of value, and that we always recomend, as all the hotels in the world. We have sued and reported those incidents to the police, because there where more incidents around the area. Please note that these incidents are completely unrelated to our hotel and Staff. The police know about it and they are investigating that matter. We also have a security guard in our hotel by night and our reception is open 24 hrs. On the oher hand, if you have been stolen, you also have to report the incident to the police, and here in Spain you need a translator to make your complaint. Once more we apologize for what happened.

With my best regards,

Your
HSM Customer Service

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Morecambe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Arenal is a lovely resort, fantastic beaches with beautiful view across bay, and gorgeous sunshine .... however, the Brits were very much in the minority. Arenal belongs to the Germans, who seem to be a natural loud race ... then add sunshine and alcohol !!!! All restaurant/bar staff in the resort expected you to be German, and we were on one occasion discriminated against because we were British; a waiter in Megapark refused to serve us when we said we weren't German !!! The beaches are very very busy, particularly the main german beach where the space betweens towels wasn't worth mentioning. Not a problem for us as we found our own very quiet bay - up the wide steps near the yacht club, through a lovely residential area .... rocky, secluded bay ... BLISS!!!! Hotel Reina Isabel looks OK from the road ... reception and bar OK, massive lounge which seemed unused and a waste of space, swimming pool small and didn't get much sun, tiles needed a bit of TLC and we didn't use it because the sea was more inviting. On arrival, one of the two lifts was out of order, and the one that was working had no light ... scary exerience when you were between floor as it was pitch black and on entering our room we realised the floor was flooded!!! We were given another room straight away, and the lifts were repaired the next day, thank goodness!! Unfortunately the upper floors of the hotel were disappointing. Very dated decor-wise, blue tub chairs on the landings looked like they'd been there since the hotel was built. Bulky TV in room (we almost expected it to be black and white), no remote control and no english channels ... cheap plastic furniture on balcony, table not been wiped for ages!! Beds were very comfortable and clean. Bathroom, needed TLC, the grouting had to be seen to be believed. We were half board, and the food was good - plentiful, varied, and of good quality. Restaurant staff were efficient and friendly. However the hotel is an accident waiting to happen - fire extinguishers were quite evidently absent on upper floors, and wires to the fire alarms had visibly been cut. Major holiday companies probably would not uset the Reina Isabel for that reason alone. Money needs spending big style to bring it up to date. We enjoyed our holiday - the weather was fantastic, took two trips into Palma on very efficient bus service, found two good bars where we received very warm welcomes; Blues Bar (English run, cheap shots, friendly staff who remembered what drinks you usually had) and Bahia Bar, run by a lovely Belgian couple, where we spent many a late night/early morning!! Would we go back??? There are too many nice places in the word to return to somewhere you can find negatives to comment on.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor at the back of the hotel, so had no view to speak of. The balcony didn...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for you comments. We are really sorry that our hotel was not liked you have expected. We will inform our quality department about all your suggestions.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed in room 325 third floor with my little baby and my husband on a full board basis (never anymore).We booked for one double-room and they gave us a small room with 3 camp beds. We couldn't move, not open balcony door, not open the wardrobe because of the bed position , the sat tv with 5 useless channels no one english or italian without remote control. Drinks quality poor and triplepaid, good point all the staff were friendly and helpful particulary in the restaurant ,one lad named Fernando above all.No children pool,no aircon so we decided to hired a fan but we used it just for 3 hours because wasn't work well and kept us awake for the noise at night the following morning we gave it back to the unpolite manageress and she charge us 4euros 4 three hours while the price agreed was 10 euros for a week ,I could write so many other orrible thinks which I will do to my agency were I booked for, the only suggestion I can give you is : AVOID FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS!!!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Moniageordie
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that our hotel was not like you have expected and apologize that our stuff where unpolite to you. We forwarded your comment to the responsible person at customer service.

Kind regards

Travellers are raving about these El Arenal hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed in room221 far too small could not open balcony door because of bed could nor open wardrobe because of bed light was so dim could not read tv and phone did not work I reported them daily to a very rude ignorant lady ........ Toilet v badly stained ...... Food APPALLING !!!!! Only had breakfast could not stomach dinner ........ Each morning I had to ask for tea bags !!!!!!! worst hotel ever hotel Isobel you should be ashamed !!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JeanetteGow
4409, Public Relations Manager at HSM Son Veri, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your comments. We are really sorry to hear that our hotel was not like you have expected and apologize that our stuff where rude.We will inform our quality department about all your suggestions.

Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed 7 September 2012

Rather clean, but too crowded and too many drunk Russians. In general, Arenal is not the best place at Mallorca, especially in a "hot season". Better to choose hotel in other place than Arenal for better value of money and with better conditions at the East side of the island

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Ksana88
4409, Public Relations Manager at HSM Son Veri, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Guests,

Mauchline, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2012

Just returned from a 1 week break to this hotel, and for the money paid, it was OK. Just!
On arrival, I found a dirty towel on the bathroom floor and a used shampoo sachet in the sink. The balcony looked onto the back of the hotel (bins, staff entrance, rubbish strewn all over the ground, etc) and I asked if it was possible to have another room. Ask in the morning I was told. On returning to my room later that evening, I found a very welcome breeze blowing across my balcony, and on enquiring with the guest on the next balcony, was told it's always like this. I decided since I would be spending minimal time in my room, the breeze would be a welcome addition when the heat reached it's height late afternoon. I'm so glad I took this decision after spending most afternoons cooling off on the balcony!
The room itself was nothing special but kept spotlessly clean for the whole week, and provided a welcome sleep each night, with a good shower and piping hot water at all times. Good enough for the price paid.
Only used the dining room for breakfast and 1 dinner and found breakfast to be pretty good, with plenty of choices. Dinner was the usual buffet food, and not very hot, but again, OK for a 2 star hotel. I like to eat out in good restaurants when on holiday, and this one was no different, but if I had to use the restaurant in the hotel for dinner, then I'm sure I would have been happy enough to do so.
All the staff were very friendly and helpful, except 1 small guy in reception. No matter what you asked him, or at what time you asked, his reply was always the same. "You have to come here and ask in the morning"! And this was his reply for EVERY question!
Swimming pool was never busy and I always found a chair or a sun lounger at all times.
Good Points.......location (very close to the beaches and numerous bars and restaurants) bus stop outside hotel for Palma. Good sunbathing area by pool with sun the whole day, plenty seating in public areas, clean, cheap.
Poor points.........drinks quality poor for prices paid, sometimes nobody in bar and wait for up to 15 minutes for service, some noise late at night/early in morning from party goers.
Would I use this hotel again? Yes. It's a good, cheap and cheerful base for exploring the island, and using the beaches and numerous bars and restaurants in the vicinity of the hotel.
One tip - if you head to the port and go left instead of right, you'll find a small uncrowded beach and further along some rocks for sunbathing and jumping right into the sea!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank barca72scotland
4409, Customer Service at HSM Son Veri, responded to this review, 21 August 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice comments. We are glad to know that you have spent a nice time in our hotel and that you liked our good location. See you next time in Hoteles Saint Michel!

Your
Castlederg
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I have been lucky enough to travel lots and for last minute deal out of UK at 650 pounds was expecting if not the advertised 4 star at least a livable 3 star. Travelled alone for this trip and as such got treated like I had leprosy, the 'room ' seriously must have just given the brooms a vacation because even the cleaners looked alarmed when there was a. Human. Boxed in there combined with a suitcase- there was room for neither! And no air con but you do get the privilege to rent a fan for 20 euro which merely serves the function of a convection oven and. I thus felt like a cooked sausage roll! When I complained about the room the guy said but you are in SINGLE room! I could give this hovel not hotel yet more money to get treated humanely! The food was inedible! One night was enough and I abandoned my precious spending money to move across the road to the beautiful four Star mediteranean bay hotel for 70 euro a nigh-blissful!

Room Tip: Don't go
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank DebmX
4409, Customer Service at HSM Son Veri, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Dear Guest,

We regret your dissatisfaction but the hotel has 2 stars instead of four as you thought.