Ipanema Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$90
US$80
US$92
US$86
Hotel Fenix(El Arenal)
US$81
US$75
  • Restaurant
Hotel Mix Alea(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$52
US$68
US$60
  • Restaurant
Hotel Pinero Tal(El Arenal)
US$76
US$71
US$94
US$88
whala!beach(El Arenal)
US$61
  • Beachfront
Mediterranean Bay Hotel(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$68
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Xapala(El Arenal)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Restaurant
All reviewshotel room was cleanshops and cafesspent nightsnice poolbuffet stylefresh towelshotel is greatshort breakplenty of choicenight breakpool area iscold meatsgerman resortsea frontsomething for everyonecokeseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just returned from 7 nights all inclusive. I was a little anxious about the reviews. However we had a great week. We stayed at the Ipanema Park. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms comfortable. The staff were friendly and even picking up on the fact it was my partners birthday as we checked in. There was a good selection of food and despite the hotel being busy meal times were not as chaotic as expected. The bar was busy in the evenings but did not too much of an issue. There was some noise in and the around the hotel but that's what you expect in the height of season. Great value for money. The resort itself is lively and has many great features, one being the beach. We will go back this hotel again and to the resort.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian E
IpanemaHoteles, Community Manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear Customer,
We like to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that you plan to return. Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. You can follow our latest news through our Facebook.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was staying in Ipanema Beach hotel. Firstly, the hotel is old and shabby and desperately needs refurbishing (only modernised areas are lobby and swimming pool). I was given extremely smally single rooms (as ordered) which was extremely tinny, with old furniture, without balcony and with view on another hotel. Well, it was single room but if I compare other hotels I stayed in, this one is definitely the one which cannot rate itself 3stars. But the real nightmare is food which was totally without any taste or creativity at all! And I broken my front teeth once eating their muesli! (Btw: Thank you hotel! May I send you the bill from my dentist?) Front end staff is not helpful, really. I asked reception lady simple questions and she was not able to answer them. Only the waiter at the pool bar was the right men at his place - smiling, helpful, working hard. Location is not a perfect but there were no problem for me to walk 5-10 minutes to the beach. Also, consider to stay in Arenal if you like decent places, this is really not.

Room Tip: Pool view, higher floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jejky

Dear costumer,
We regret that you did not enjoy your holiday with us. Regarding the food, buffet restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes to suit the taste of most of our customers. We hope you give us another opportunity to show the good service of our hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great accommodation, good food and nice pool areas but the r...e...a...l...l...y slow evening free for all bar service puts a downer on this hotel
One member of staff at busy times ie early evening followed by ice bucket filling, spoon polishing or telephone answering while the queue forms. Then with no clear queuing process people being served (eventually and frustratingly) out of turn.
I know we are all on vacation but honestly I really do not want to have to wait 20 minutes or more to be served a drink at the bar, even on holiday!

Room Tip: Use the bar at the Ipanema Beach hotel across the road. You really will be there and back before you get served at the Ipanema Park!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear costumer,
Thank you for share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We like to know that you enjoy our hotel, specially the food and the pool. We regret the wait in the drink service but it's due to the good hotel occupancy on summer. Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel rooms are spacious, refurbished and also have AC, which is probably the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. The waitstaff in the hotel and in the sister hotel Ipanema Beach are the only ones who know how to treat a guest and would go the extra mile to keep you satisfied.
The experience I have with the front desk staff, front desk manager and the owner of the hotel, who is incredibly rude, is just a customer´s nightmare..
The cleaning lady destroyed my skirt by using a bleach in the bathroom. When I claimed at the reception, I was by the hotel owner Alejandro basically shout off and accused of lying. Despite the fact that the hotel must have an insurance to cover the damages to third parties.. They refused to cover the cost of my skirt untill I dragged the front desk manager to the cleaning cart and sprayed the bleach over my skirt again in order to demonstrate how the damage happened. Then I was promised to get the money to buy me a new skirt, I was three days running after the front desk staff to get my expenses covered. At the end they payed just part of my new skirt, and instead of using the insurance they just charged it to the poor cleaning lady!!
Hotel is situated just too far away from the beach, the swimming pool is very dirty, so the inly option you have is to rent a car/not the twice expensive one at the hotel/ and drive to some decent place an lovely beach. When you return you shoud drink to delirium tremens or take same sleeping pills, so you avoid the annoying drunk Germans passing by and yelling every night.

Room Tip: Because of our love and passion for local food and some freedom, I would never ever repete the stay in a hotel, it was our first trip as a family, so we reserved a hotel, but as we know the island very well, we will be renting a private house next time.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank 696andrea
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Me and my partner with his best mate with his partner, arrived at the hotel on the 30 sept, when we arrived the receptionist was very helpful and all staff was friendly, the bar man that we liked was very funny we could have a laugh with him, Hotel room is the same as the pictures but they only have one swimming pool, the food was ok but 6 days in the holiday i was missing the food from the UK, as you would have the same food nearly two days in a row but part from that we all enjoyed the hotel good bar good staff will b staying again This hotel do not have a fitness centre or a spa.

Room Tip: Not far from the sandy beaches and clear beaches
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank terry g
IpanemaHoteles, community manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 October 2012

Hi Terry!!.. Thank you very much for your positive comments. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay in our hotel. We are proud of our hotel staff who makes this hotel as good as it is. We will consider your suggestions and will work hard every day to improve our services.
Join us on facebook, so we will keep you in the loop about our promotions and offers.
We hope to see you soon again in our Ipanema Hotel.

Best Regards.