“Nice hotel unfortunately spoilt by some small but significant issues!!”
Review of Ipanema Park

Ipanema Park
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Merseyside
“Nice hotel unfortunately spoilt by some small but significant issues!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

There was only one evenings entertainment during the entire week. I am sure this could have been provided if even only during the peak (and most expensive) childrens holiday times.

The slow bar service which I thought was to reduce the amount of drinks ordered/ recieved as people opted to use the 'Beach' hotel bar across the road or just go out. It was certainly not due to the 'hotel's full capacity' as it wasn't full.

Also 'running out' of several types of A/I spirits and the usual afternoon crisp draught, rationed daily. Something I could understand if there were hardened 'all day' drinkers at the hotel but this was certainly not my experience during our stay.

On the day of our departure we were 'locked out' of our room well before the checkout time of 12 noon and curtley informed by reception to 'find the maid' to allow us in to retreive our luggage.

The usual courtesy availablity of a shower/ changing facility on check out day was the cold (and very public) shower at the side of swimming pool. This was far from ideal especially with a child.

3 Thank Liz27Merseyside
IpanemaHoteles, Community Manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear costumer,
Thank you for share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We take note about what you comments of the drinks service, courtesy room and the entertainment. Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.
A greeting

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stated in this hotel after being booked in at another hotel. The positives food to a good standard and plenty to choose from, some name drinks ie Smirnoff vodka, and bailley irish cream ,beer not to my taste. Room was OK but very good housemaid service, no outside light or table on the balcony.Sunbeds always available and very nice sun terrace. Air con in rooms not great but cools it slightly.Good air con in bar and reception. .This was at the beach hotel where my wife and i stayed
Negatives, Bar was slow at time but must give special mention to Diego the barman very helpful
One barman in the park hotel which is linked (drink in both hotels) was obnoxious, i ordered a drink for my wife and myself at this point a group of young girls came in they where about age 15, he completely ignored my order and flirted with them. When i brought his attention back he was not best please. I asked for the drink to be put in a class as we where sitting inside and he flatly said no with a smile on his face. Reception asked if they could phone my pick up transfer company and she refused, bad service
On the hole a good holiday, but these little thing let it down. would i return NO because of the above

Room Tip: Had room on 5 floor facing pool, very quiet at night
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gerry1964
Dear costumer,
Ipanema Hotel's team want to thank you for choosing us for your vacation. We are pleased that enjoyed the pool, the food and drinks, and hotel comfort. We take note about what you comments of the barman. Hope to see you around here again. Remember you can book directly on our website with the best price. You can follow our news through our Facebook.
A greeting.
wales
Reviewed 11 August 2013

hotel was lovely and clean, rooms were comfortable and fresh towels daily. The food was nice with plenty of choice and the drinks was mostly branded names. The bar service was terrible if your not German then dont expect to get served any time soon. The bar staff were very slow at the best of times doing anything other than serving guests but if your looking for a british holiday resort do not bother coming here its mostly a all german hotel and resort. There is no entertainment for the children throughout the day or evening and would not reccomend this hotel for families with young children.

Room Tip: if you are looking to get served by the bar go to the sister hotel opposite. They are much quicker m...
2 Thank claire h
IpanemaHoteles, Community Manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this review, 12 August 2013
Dear costumer,
Thank you for share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We like to know that you enjoy our hotel. We regret the wait in the drink service but it's due to the good hotel occupancy on summer . Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.
Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

Just returned from 7 nights all inclusive. I was a little anxious about the reviews. However we had a great week. We stayed at the Ipanema Park. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms comfortable. The staff were friendly and even picking up on the fact it was my partners birthday as we checked in. There was a good selection of food and despite the hotel being busy meal times were not as chaotic as expected. The bar was busy in the evenings but did not too much of an issue. There was some noise in and the around the hotel but that's what you expect in the height of season. Great value for money. The resort itself is lively and has many great features, one being the beach. We will go back this hotel again and to the resort.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ian E
Dear Customer,
We like to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that you plan to return. Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. You can follow our latest news through our Facebook.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was staying in Ipanema Beach hotel. Firstly, the hotel is old and shabby and desperately needs refurbishing (only modernised areas are lobby and swimming pool). I was given extremely smally single rooms (as ordered) which was extremely tinny, with old furniture, without balcony and with view on another hotel. Well, it was single room but if I compare other hotels I stayed in, this one is definitely the one which cannot rate itself 3stars. But the real nightmare is food which was totally without any taste or creativity at all! And I broken my front teeth once eating their muesli! (Btw: Thank you hotel! May I send you the bill from my dentist?) Front end staff is not helpful, really. I asked reception lady simple questions and she was not able to answer them. Only the waiter at the pool bar was the right men at his place - smiling, helpful, working hard. Location is not a perfect but there were no problem for me to walk 5-10 minutes to the beach. Also, consider to stay in Arenal if you like decent places, this is really not.

Room Tip: Pool view, higher floors
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Jejky
Dear costumer,
We regret that you did not enjoy your holiday with us. Regarding the food, buffet restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes to suit the taste of most of our customers. We hope you give us another opportunity to show the good service of our hotel.

Travellers are raving about these El Arenal hotels

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Great accommodation, good food and nice pool areas but the r...e...a...l...l...y slow evening free for all bar service puts a downer on this hotel
One member of staff at busy times ie early evening followed by ice bucket filling, spoon polishing or telephone answering while the queue forms. Then with no clear queuing process people being served (eventually and frustratingly) out of turn.
I know we are all on vacation but honestly I really do not want to have to wait 20 minutes or more to be served a drink at the bar, even on holiday!

Room Tip: Use the bar at the Ipanema Beach hotel across the road. You really will be there and back before you...
Dear costumer,
Thank you for share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We like to know that you enjoy our hotel, specially the food and the pool. We regret the wait in the drink service but it's due to the good hotel occupancy on summer. Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 4 August 2013

The hotel rooms are spacious, refurbished and also have AC, which is probably the only positive thing I can say about this hotel. The waitstaff in the hotel and in the sister hotel Ipanema Beach are the only ones who know how to treat a guest and would go the extra mile to keep you satisfied.
The experience I have with the front desk staff, front desk manager and the owner of the hotel, who is incredibly rude, is just a customer´s nightmare..
The cleaning lady destroyed my skirt by using a bleach in the bathroom. When I claimed at the reception, I was by the hotel owner Alejandro basically shout off and accused of lying. Despite the fact that the hotel must have an insurance to cover the damages to third parties.. They refused to cover the cost of my skirt untill I dragged the front desk manager to the cleaning cart and sprayed the bleach over my skirt again in order to demonstrate how the damage happened. Then I was promised to get the money to buy me a new skirt, I was three days running after the front desk staff to get my expenses covered. At the end they payed just part of my new skirt, and instead of using the insurance they just charged it to the poor cleaning lady!!
Hotel is situated just too far away from the beach, the swimming pool is very dirty, so the inly option you have is to rent a car/not the twice expensive one at the hotel/ and drive to some decent place an lovely beach. When you return you shoud drink to delirium tremens or take same sleeping pills, so you avoid the annoying drunk Germans passing by and yelling every night.

Room Tip: Because of our love and passion for local food and some freedom, I would never ever repete the stay...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family