“ok”
Review of Ipanema Park

Ipanema Park
Ranked #14 of 44 Hotels in El Arenal
Reviewed 8 September 2013

last minute break for 5 nights.Close to airport which was great and what we wanted this time.The beach was nice and was about a 10 minute walk away and close to all the main bars and shops.There wasnt many British people around which was fine for us and the hotel staff didnt really speak English but again no problem.The rooms where clean and quite basic.To watch TV you had to leave a 10 euro deposit for a remote.The hotel has NO irons which was a shock.You couldnt even hire one.The dining room was nice and the food was ok .We ate out each night for dinner .Lunch was mostly nice and breakfast was ok but didnt cater for the British.The wine at meal times was good and also the drinks at the bar where branded and big measures.All good quality juices etc.The main bad points where the beds and the staff.House keeping was good.All other staff seemed overworked and unhappy.nobody went out of their way for guests.We asked for a late checkout and would have payed but couldnt.I cant imagine what would have happened if we REALLY needed help or if something had gone wrong.The barman at Ipanema Beach hotel over the road was really nice and we also drank there a few times.We did enjoy are break but i dont think i would rush back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ilovefood123456

Reviewed 31 August 2013

We arrived at the hotel Ipanema park at 3am in the morning to be told quite rudely by the night porter the hotel was full and there was nothing he could do. He was reluctant to help us saying 'its full' and shrugging his shoulders which as you can imagine at 3am is not what you want to be greeted with. Eventually he rang around other hotels and managed to find us a hotel for the night and we were told to return in the morning. I found his attitude rude and he wasn't very sympathetic with our issue. Hotel itself is clean and the pool area/ bar area quite nice. Good air con both in rooms and communal areas. We tended to use the Ipanema beach hotel as I found it a nicer pool area plus the staff were friendly and it was quieter so sun beds were always readily available no matter which time you got there. The hotel Ipanema park served nice food. It got a bit repetitive towards the end of the week but there was always a different meat and fish dish each evening plus a fresh range of salad and accompaniments. The range of drinks available for all inclusive was good. It was my friends birthday so the kitchen staff got and brought her out a cake which was nice. Overall the hotel was fine but I felt the staff seriously let it down. A lot of the reception staff were rude and you felt the bar staff often made you feel as if you were an inconvenience for ordering a drink or would be extremely rude to you. I felt this side of it affected my overall experience and would make me not wish to return.

• Stayed: August 2013
IpanemaHoteles, Community Manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Dear Tracy,

We appreciate you share your experience with us in Ipanema Hotel. We regret your incident to hotel arrival. In summer there is a great demand and availability we can always give to our customers. We will record your comments to improve our customer support and service for our guests to enjoy a pleasant stay. We hope to see you with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 18 August 2013

There was only one evenings entertainment during the entire week. I am sure this could have been provided if even only during the peak (and most expensive) childrens holiday times.

The slow bar service which I thought was to reduce the amount of drinks ordered/ recieved as people opted to use the 'Beach' hotel bar across the road or just go out. It was certainly not due to the 'hotel's full capacity' as it wasn't full.

Also 'running out' of several types of A/I spirits and the usual afternoon crisp draught, rationed daily. Something I could understand if there were hardened 'all day' drinkers at the hotel but this was certainly not my experience during our stay.

On the day of our departure we were 'locked out' of our room well before the checkout time of 12 noon and curtley informed by reception to 'find the maid' to allow us in to retreive our luggage.

The usual courtesy availablity of a shower/ changing facility on check out day was the cold (and very public) shower at the side of swimming pool. This was far from ideal especially with a child.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Liz27Merseyside
IpanemaHoteles, Community Manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Dear costumer,
Thank you for share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We take note about what you comments of the drinks service, courtesy room and the entertainment. Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stated in this hotel after being booked in at another hotel. The positives food to a good standard and plenty to choose from, some name drinks ie Smirnoff vodka, and bailley irish cream ,beer not to my taste. Room was OK but very good housemaid service, no outside light or table on the balcony.Sunbeds always available and very nice sun terrace. Air con in rooms not great but cools it slightly.Good air con in bar and reception. .This was at the beach hotel where my wife and i stayed
Negatives, Bar was slow at time but must give special mention to Diego the barman very helpful
One barman in the park hotel which is linked (drink in both hotels) was obnoxious, i ordered a drink for my wife and myself at this point a group of young girls came in they where about age 15, he completely ignored my order and flirted with them. When i brought his attention back he was not best please. I asked for the drink to be put in a class as we where sitting inside and he flatly said no with a smile on his face. Reception asked if they could phone my pick up transfer company and she refused, bad service
On the hole a good holiday, but these little thing let it down. would i return NO because of the above

Room Tip: Had room on 5 floor facing pool, very quiet at night
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gerry1964

Dear costumer,
Ipanema Hotel's team want to thank you for choosing us for your vacation. We are pleased that enjoyed the pool, the food and drinks, and hotel comfort. We take note about what you comments of the barman. Hope to see you around here again. Remember you can book directly on our website with the best price. You can follow our news through our Facebook.
A greeting.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

hotel was lovely and clean, rooms were comfortable and fresh towels daily. The food was nice with plenty of choice and the drinks was mostly branded names. The bar service was terrible if your not German then dont expect to get served any time soon. The bar staff were very slow at the best of times doing anything other than serving guests but if your looking for a british holiday resort do not bother coming here its mostly a all german hotel and resort. There is no entertainment for the children throughout the day or evening and would not reccomend this hotel for families with young children.

Room Tip: if you are looking to get served by the bar go to the sister hotel opposite. They are much quicker m...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank claire h
IpanemaHoteles, Community Manager at Ipanema Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2013

Dear costumer,
Thank you for share your opinion on TripAdvisor. We like to know that you enjoy our hotel. We regret the wait in the drink service but it's due to the good hotel occupancy on summer . Hope to see you here again soon. You can follow our news on Facebook.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Just returned from 7 nights all inclusive. I was a little anxious about the reviews. However we had a great week. We stayed at the Ipanema Park. The hotel itself was clean and the rooms comfortable. The staff were friendly and even picking up on the fact it was my partners birthday as we checked in. There was a good selection of food and despite the hotel being busy meal times were not as chaotic as expected. The bar was busy in the evenings but did not too much of an issue. There was some noise in and the around the hotel but that's what you expect in the height of season. Great value for money. The resort itself is lively and has many great features, one being the beach. We will go back this hotel again and to the resort.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ian E

Dear Customer,
We like to know that you enjoyed our hotel and that you plan to return. Thank you very much for sharing your review on TripAdvisor. You can follow our latest news through our Facebook.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

I was staying in Ipanema Beach hotel. Firstly, the hotel is old and shabby and desperately needs refurbishing (only modernised areas are lobby and swimming pool). I was given extremely smally single rooms (as ordered) which was extremely tinny, with old furniture, without balcony and with view on another hotel. Well, it was single room but if I compare other hotels I stayed in, this one is definitely the one which cannot rate itself 3stars. But the real nightmare is food which was totally without any taste or creativity at all! And I broken my front teeth once eating their muesli! (Btw: Thank you hotel! May I send you the bill from my dentist?) Front end staff is not helpful, really. I asked reception lady simple questions and she was not able to answer them. Only the waiter at the pool bar was the right men at his place - smiling, helpful, working hard. Location is not a perfect but there were no problem for me to walk 5-10 minutes to the beach. Also, consider to stay in Arenal if you like decent places, this is really not.

Room Tip: Pool view, higher floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Jejky

Dear costumer,
We regret that you did not enjoy your holiday with us. Regarding the food, buffet restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes to suit the taste of most of our customers. We hope you give us another opportunity to show the good service of our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near El Arenal
#11 of 44 in El Arenal
Palma Bay Club Resort
Palma Bay Club Resort
#70 of 78 in Playa de Palma

Been to Ipanema Park? Share your experiences!