We stayed here for 7 nights. The 1st 2 nights, the noise was so loud that we didn't get any sleep at all. The problem is that as you don't have air con in the room, it is impossible to close the balcony doors and so you are subjected to what i can only describe as animal sounds and grunts as well as water being tipped from balconies attempting to soak other guests (although we were told that this was a bit of a game between rival balconies). This carried on until about 5 am so we moved rooms. The noise was a litle better but still noisy. On the 4th night the hotel manager came out and stood guard to see who the offenders were as a glass bottle had been dropped from a balcony (warning.. be careful when walking under the hotel as you may be injured). The beds were very uncomfortable and difficult to get a good nights sleep. However the rooms were kept very clean by the maids and towels were changed every day. The food was just about edible if you closed your eyes and held your nose!! The salads were not too bad, however whatever was on the hot counter the day before was now incorporated into a salad!! Hot food was apauling. The very disapointing part of the food, was that there was no real traditional spanish food there!! I beleive this is because they are trying to cater to the Germans, which means German food but even that was badly done. I must congratulate the chef who can take a perfectly nice dish and ruin it totally. The head waiter was very rude and thinks he is clever - by the way, drinks are more expensive if you order them at the table so go downstairs and order from the bar and bring up with you (tell the waiter where to go if he objects as he can't stop you). The pool downstairs was okay. Not enough sunbeds but apart from that it was a decent pool. The upstairs pool is also okay but the sun terrace needs a bit of work doing to it to modernise it. The website says it has 3 lifts but we only knew of 2. They are so small that its a struggle to fit even 3 people in!! with suitcases it meant a double trip up and down. when you wait for a lift sometimes you would have to wait 10 minutes while it went up and down as when it arrived at your floor, there were already too many people in there and you had to let it go and wait until it was empty. Remember that there are 1000 rooms with possibly 3000 people in the hotel at any one time so 2 small lifts is a problem. The reception staff are fine and will help you if needed. The bar staff are okay too. They wern't rude but it is certainly not the place to hang around as it hasd no life in it at all!! On thursdays they have a band that entertains in the bar - This is the same band each week and according to the bar people are the same act each week for the entire season. So you can imagine that the band are extremely excited to be perfoming at the hotel torre arenal!!!!! The music was the usual mediocre old people's home entertainment you would expect. The resort is noisy and not for families or people wishing for a nice relaxing time. The beach is extremely crouded in peak times. We met a few people there who were from UK and they commented on it being he same as magaluf is for the british young people. My advice is to go North of the island if you prefer a more relaxing time. Possibly Port de Soller or on the east side near Cala D'or as there are much quieter. If you have already booked this then make sure you rent a car for the week and get up early and get out of there and see the island for what it really is - A Beautiful island with lots to see.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close to everything you could need for a sun-soaked beach break, the 3-star Blue Sea Hotel Arenal Tower provides a comfortable and great-value base for your Majorca holidays. Positioned just a few minutes' walk from the golden sands of El Arenal, guests are ideally located to enjoy Majorca's fantastic climate, delicious restaurants and lively bars. The hotel is also just a short drive from Palma Airport, meaning there's no need for long and tiring transfers. Hotel Arenal Tower features 152 simple and pleasantly decorated rooms located over 10 floors, each complete with en-suite bathroom and private balcony or terrace ideal for soaking up the Spanish sun. A fridge, mini-bar and in-room WiFi are all available for a small charge. For those down times between the beach and sightseeing, the Hotel Arenal Tower's two outdoor pools provide the perfect spot to relax and enjoy a drink. Choose from the small rooftop pool with beautiful views of the resort and the Bay of Palma, or the large terrace pool which offers a children's area, sun beds and snack bar. If the sun gets too much, you'll find a games room complete with pool table, TV lounge as well as the hotel restaurant and bar on hand for entertainment, drinks and buffet meals. The hotel also offers an entertainment programme on selected days during the peak season. Those looking to get out and about to discover the island can find help and advice at the 24-hour reception, along with bicycle and car hire facilities. For a sunny beach getaway in Majorca that can be as relaxing or as lively as you'd like, the Hotel Torre Arenal will tick all your holiday boxes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Blue Sea Arenal Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Torre Arenal Hotel El Arenal
- Torre Arenal El
- Blue Sea Arenal Tower Majorca/El Arenal