Having just recently returned from a 7 night family break - I felt the need to comment on this hotel. I do not usually bother writing a review but following the positive comments by other posters I was lulled into a false sense of security in booking this hotel. 4* it certainly is not!
The hotel is very dated. Rooms are worn out - basic but clean and serviced 6 out of 7. Plenty of hot water for bath/shower. Air conditioning is included but found this to be very minimal and not consistent as noted by other guests.
The pool/ bar area is overcrowded and filthy strewn with discarded drinks and food. This is mainly due to the vast amount of kids running amok! I appreciate its the summer holidays but there was no discipline from parents or hotel staff. It would also be an idea for the staff to have a deep clean as it is not nice sitting out with your morning coffee having to dodge the previous nights dog ends and left overs under the tables and sunbeds.
The pools are too small for the amount of guests accomodated at the hotel(photos are disceptive). If you attempt to enter either pool you are faced with a bombardment of inflatables or disrespectable kids - there is a lifeguard posted by the pool, however at no point did he blow his whistle or warn anyone - an accident waiting to happen! Inside and outiside of the pool area was dirty - plasters and god knows what floating around. The sunbeds are an issue as stated by previous posters. There are not enough - no parasols and very worn.
Restaurant is very busy and if you visit peak time it is difficult to get a table although only in a party of three we had to sit seperate on a number of occassions. Food is fresh and there is a variety most days. It would be preferable if the hot food was served HOT. On the first day at lunch I chose to have a portion of lasagne - although tasty enough it was cold/tepid as was my partners meatballs - so not a good start.
Location is not great as we were aware although after visiting Arenal it was appreciated to be in a quiet area. 2/3 Bars restaurants 5 mins walk were great and not bad value. The house Riojca was great value.
The nearest seafront is stunning - a rocky cove. There is a beach club there open to adults only at 8 euros p.d. It is very hard going about 1/2 mile downhill and a long struggle back up!!
Did jump on the bus to Arenal 1.50 euros each way runs every hour from outside the hotel. Arenal was so busy, we wanted to visit the beach but this was a huge disappointment the beach was filthy littered with plastic bags, cigarette butts and lots of broken glass.
In conclusion - I would not recommend or return to this hotel. It needs a major refit and the accomodation v. facilities needs to be reviewed. It is dirty and overcrowded.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Hotel Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your OLA Hotel Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- OLA Hotel Maioris Majorca/El Arenal
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club