Hated it! You get what you pay for.
1) Arrived late at night and was put into the Delta hotel next door - not a problem but it was 1am at night. Travelled with my 2 teenage kids who were put into a totally different block to us. But the receptionist said it was ok as they were "adults"! Over the week we met people who were placed in hotels miles away and had to pay their own taxis to get to the hotel. We met a couple who did not have a room the first night and had to sleep on the sofas in the reception! If you arrive early in the day you will not get a room until after 2pm.
2) All Floors very slippery - you might say I should be careful but they are very slippery. I met 2 people - one cut his chin after slipping on the shower floor and the other broke her arm slipping on a ramp outside the restaurant.
3) long queues at the restaurant - breakfast, lunch and dinner.
4) not enough tables in the restaurant at peak times.
5) not enough sunbeds during the day - towels on the sunbeds before 7! There are people who place their towels on the sunbeds and then they go out for the day! There are people who take sunbeds for their kids and their kids never use them.
6) sunbeds are old and battered and there are no umbrellas or shady areas when the mid day sun hits.
7) seating area too small in the evenings - forced to sit on the sunbeds.
8) long queues at the bar most times
9) the evening entertainment is done in a small area that fits perhaps 50 people, and is stifling hot.
10) room and corridor cleaning starts at some ungodly hour
11) hosing down of the outside area starts at 9 and carries on until around 11 - just at the time when people start to sit out in the sun!
12) rooms are dated and not enough channels on the TV or enough plugs in the room.
13) rude male reception staff - female receptionists were so friendly and helpful - fantastic.
14) kids running everywhere - this was a problem in the restaurant where parents let their kids put their own food, and get their own drinks - with dropped plates and glasses.
15) on final day was told there was nowhere for us to shower - we had to leave the room at 12 mid day but was not flying out until 11.35pm. So we flew out smelling of sun cream, sweat and swimming pools! This is a 4* hotel that does not have a separate shower area for guests.
16) the websites say the hotel has a gym, but it does not.
17) Pools are too small for the amount of guests. Water is dirty - plasters, flies, stones, cups.
18) don't put the room key within a mile of your phone or it will stop working.
Some good points
1) fantastic animation team who create a great atmosphere - well done
2) food acceptable - would like to have seen some Spanish food - all the waiters were fantastic.
3) food and drink (crisps, cakes, fruit) available throughout the day.
4) Hotels has a free bus service, and there is a bus stop outside for the main bus service. This is really useful as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere and taxis are expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The OLA Hotel Maioris is located in a wooded residential area, on the south-east coast of Majorca, right in the Puig den Ros development and features restaurants, bars, shops, supermarkets, hairdressing salon, etc.The complex is spread over three buildings, each with two lifts and issurrounded by magnificent gardens.There is a little rocky cove 900 m away. El Arenal, with its beache and vibrant night life is only a few kilometres away, and can be reached by using the hotel’s own transport. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Lastminute, Priceline, Onthebeach, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your OLA Hotel Maioris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ola Club Maioris Hotel El Arenal
- OLA Hotel Maioris Majorca/El Arenal
- Ola Hotel El Arenal
- Ola Maioris Club